Crusades: Table Talk/OOC Thread

Stargaizer

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
Ok, you're free to go to the cafeteria, lounge, your rooms, wherever.

Also, everyone gets 1 free rank in any power and skill that were used today. Have fun.

In my case that be Shapeshifting or can I raise any other Power, too?

Raising TK would be what I was looking for, but if you say nay I go with SS.

I was specifically thinking the training session, but I can also agree to allowing TK to increase.

However, that means that you'll forget a lot of what you learned today when you go to training tomorrow.

Also, don't forget the +1 rank in a skill along with your +1 rank in a power.

Isn't training fun?

Ya... I wanted to raise that issue. I think these "location" threads are going to make it hard if not impossible to re-read these things in the future.

I.e. Will's current actions started in his quarters, moved to the cafe, and will probably move again to the danger room or somewhere else. We're not putting in "continued in the cafe" or anything like that... and even if we did we'd also have to put in "continued from 'X'".

I think we'd be better off with "day" threads and not "location" threads.

I'm going to have very little time tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday to post (and as always I'm not posting on Sundays).

I should be back to normal postage by Monday.

You guys can get as far as you can in that time frame, Crusades NPC, feel free to start them in the training session if ti'm not back by then.

Originally Posted By: Violet
I kinda like the system but have no idea how it actually turns out to be "in action"

So, now that you've seen it 'in action' (at least a little) do you still feel that way? Question goes out to everyone.

Also, I'd like to open the floor to feedback, of any kind. Do you like it (yes or no and what do you like/dislike most so far)? Am I making this fun for everyone? Is there anything more from me that you'd like to see?

As I've said before, this is my first game as ST, and thus I really appreciate any feedback that I can get. I've just noticed that this has been going kind of slow and thus thought this would be a good time to check in.

I think the system has potential but one training session isn't enough to get more than a brief first impression.

It is good so far but I suppose once we're finished with some story chapter I can say more about it.

Generally I like the game. The slowness of posts is maybe because we're only 3 players and we still haven't found enough time to exchange more than just - this is my thing and we're in this together. I haven't found "the story" yet so basically it feels like trying things out and wait. That's what I've been doing basically - wait till something happens that is more than just hanging out and waiting for the trainings.

Wow, 4x ninja'ed. Teach me to half write a post and then leave it for more than an hour.

RE: The system

I think the system appears to be working as well in practice as we'd hoped. Or at a min we haven't tripped over any seriously broken parts.

I think this preliminary "get to know everyone" aspect was a good idea. It lets the characters at least somewhat start to set up relationships before throwing us into the mix.

I've enjoyed playing thus far. Like VIolet I'm kinda waiting for the "plot" to start, but I do enjoy getting to know the other PC's and the extent of my own PC's powers.

Things are going well and I look forward to the continuation of the game.

Oh, you have been in the plot, all of you, for at least 3 'days' now... *grins evily*

And you're getting ready to see some more... Monday... *laughs maniacially as he rubs his hands together sinesterly and walks out to plot and plan and scheme*

Also, just to let everybody know:

I've just recently started a new job, which doesn't have computer access, meaning that I cannot post/read posts/anything between the hours of (roughly, depending upon when I leave) 1:30-2:00pm and about 10:00-10:30pm(EST). Meaning that I can get around 2 posts in per day, morning and evening.

Just an FYI.

Quote:
These guys are ex-military; they have some training. I'll give these two you, but keep in mind that this is supposed to be a challenge with your next posts.
The challenge doesn't really start till the fight gets fair... which unfortunately is *now*. The first room was an outright cheat. Split action against people who don't get a dodge (ambush) followed by a full action on someone who did. 13 to 18 lethal dice means they die then and there.

2nd room is normal surprise but not an ambush, thus no 'free' actions but I assumed they wouldn't have readied weapons. Thus they draw, Will attacks, and while they get an auto-dodge even split he's throwing more dice.

On a side note, Will screwed up by thinking too hard in the first room (as you pointed out and Draygo should).

The second room could have been (but was not) an ambush as well. Three go down on the first *free* action (no dodge), then normal combat starts and Will gets another two while they're drawing weapons, then (assuming he wins init) on average he could get the last two without them ever firing a bullet.

Then ideally he'd be able to do this *again*. Instead on round two he'll probably get shot multiple times... and if *anyone* gets a shot off then there's no surprise for the rest of the scene and everyone will have readied weapons.

I wanted to roll this one because saying Will shrugged off an AK would be pretty cheesy... but he just took enough damage to Daze him. I suspect he'll still be able to take this room but the overall mission just went boom.

EDIT: Correction. He just lost. Next round both guys will take their free action, pick up the other AK47's, and do full auto on him again. 12 dice x2...

Well... win some lose some.

I would like to know how long this training session thing will go on? Don't get me wrong but I'm not too fond of it because I prefer PC-Interaction to the training stuff where we're all on our own. If you had planned several stages of it I'd prefer to gloss over it because I don't have much fun in posting action sequences.

And while I try to be cooperative I just don't see how you will turn Violet into a spec-ops infiltrator with the right mindset in the matter of a few training sessions. She may have the abilities for that but she is not a pro and most likely won't be in less then a few months.

I'm just sharing thoughts - don't mean to be overly critic.

Archived