Nobilis: Of Love and Heaven - Game Information!

Lee Deity

The Setting of the Game

The story will revolve around the Nobles of two Imperators, forced together by outside circumnstance into a single Familia, and the impact of these Nobles on the world around them, both miraculous and mundane. The Nobles will have to navigate the fallout of such a momentous union, as forces great and small endeavour to take advantage of the new order.

Further information is not quite Available, seeing as much of the story awaits the Nobles who are in it!

Character Generation

Character Generation will be as per standard Noble creation, with 25 Character Points to Spend. Domains, for the most part, will be quite unrestricted, with my final veto. A few notes:

0) In order to help me better understand how you see your Noble's Domain, I'd ask that each player provide me with three associations of their Estate, three concepts that they feel are bound most thematically to their understanding of the estate.

1) User created Gifts are encouraged, standard Gift creation system applies (See Gifts & Handicaps section for details). The "Uncommon" trait is in force in this game - Players may choose to make their gift common if they wish (and avoid the 1pt surcharge), but this will almost ensure that an NPC will have a similar Gift. You have been warned. Also, I can usually give advice for improving the effectiveness or efficiency of Gifts, so don't hesitate to ask if something can happen cheaper.

2) All Handicaps within the book are acceptable, and user-created handicaps are welcome, as always. Remember that Handicaps do not provide extra Character points, but provide extra Miracle Points when they cause impediments (for Restrictions, Affiliations and Virtues, each time it causes trouble, for Limits, as a permanent bonus to a Miracle Point pool). You do not need to add handicaps to your character if you do not want them, but do note that this will probably mean less miracle points in-play.

3) Unless you specifically wish not to have Anchors, please make sure to define each of your Anchors in your initial Entry (Remember, you can have a maximum number of Anchors equal to your Spirit Attribute + 1). Further, I will not be dealing with the entire Design system, mostly because it's a lot of effort for not much gain. Instead, I will simply ask that you choose the Flower of your Estate and the Flower of your Person as key words (ie, a Noble of Fire might have the Flower of Passion as their Estate Flower, and the Flower of Dark Desires as their Personal Flower). Finally, I will ask people to give a list of Bonds as per the rules system (20 points to distribute however you wish among your bonds). In my system, these Bonds will provide discounts on Miracles used to affect or defend them, equal to -1 Miracle level per two Bond Points.

4) If you have any issues with the system, do not hesitate to contact me. I'm a veteran GM of the game and can probably answer just about any question you throw at me.

Chancel Generation

Chancel Generation will be as per standard generation, with number of points to spend equal to the number of Realm points among that group of Nobles. Each of the two groups will create their own Chancel, after the prologue the two will merge, and any fine-tuning can occur then.

Imperator Generation

Imperator Generation will be as per standard generation, with 0 points to start, with all characters choosing the combined traits of a single Imperator. Only their affiliation will be taken out of your hands - all other properties will be chosen by committee.

Character Advancement

The usual system is 1 Dynasty Point per session and 1 Character Point per chapter. In lieu of the fact that there is no real session, The system will be 1 Dynasty point per Month and 1 Character point per chapter. Easy and simple enough.

Oh, and as a quick note, any potential players who need an e-copy of the Nobilis book can PM me for a link (I just don't want to make it public for the sake of my webspace's bandwith)...

For those who do have a copy, the full Character Generation process starts on page 108, and the descriptions of the Attributes starts at the beginning of that chapter (yes, very oddways around. The book is rather poorly organised, I find...)

Archived