Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - BESM Miniseries- In the Shadows of the City

Justin OOC

Yep Dawn it would work on a Lord as well, but if you hit more than one they may decide the Duel was void and all pile in and I don't think we could survive that.

If we go for the duel then Jim can create a weapon suitable for whoever is going to be in the duel to try to help them.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, It depends a lot on the personality of the demond lords, Anime Demon Lords are not like Western Fantasy Demon Lords, hell if Anime is to be believed half of them just love making people miserable and leave them to live, just to make them miserable again.

They have an infinite amount of Cerberuses, so they don't care about losing more and more of them, since they can keep cranking them out. On top of that, their actions depend on them being the past 8 heads, or new 8 heads. If they are the old ones, and we are descendants of the old heroes, they want to torture us for fun and profit. If they are new, they are cocky and convinced we don't have a chance to win.

Plus, when was the last time you saw ANY show/game/book where the main chars got ganged by the enemy in a important fight and ti didn't lead to a "Escape from Enemy Base"/"I got captured just as planned!" situation?

Originally Posted By: Kenichi
Plus, when was the last time you saw ANY show/game/book where the main chars got ganged by the enemy in a important fight and ti didn't lead to a "Escape from Enemy Base"/"I got captured just as planned!" situation?

The last time I ran the story.

I've never had an NPC make the threat 'surrender or die' without meaning it.

You aren't running the game, I am. There are reasons that they're doing what they're doing. the PC's don't know them, so I'm not inclined to share them as they are part of the story itself. Suffice it to say things are going as planned.

I think it's Long's work schedule, if I remember correctly he had it pretty bad this week and next, something about split schedule and school.

Not very sure, he will probably clear it up when he logs on but just putting the thought out there.

They won in that they did kill a demon lord, and then Kaori and Kenichi showed the darker side of their powers. Keiko tries to protect them all, and heals as needed. They all followed Kenichi back to the shrine and saw him revert to normal and pass out on Keiko. I think that's where we are.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure Keiko's forcefield would have stopped the Panzer attack. The shield is a dome that extends out from Keiko and none of the posts since its use state that she moved from her original location. The creature would have had to pass through the barrier to get to her, sure, but once it had done so (since it states it charges forward) Keiko would not be protected by the forcefield.

This also means that those of us 'inside' the forcefield are not protected either.

Oh, and did Keiko or Justin take into consideration the -3 penalty the Panzers are currently suffering for attack and defense rolls due to the Flash?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Max, we should talk and work out a plan.

Unfortunately we should have done that before we were in the same room as the person we are trying to kill. Discussing tactics in front of the people you are fighting tends to be counterproductive wink

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aarrgh, I'M interested in this game, I would hate to see it tank and believe me, I got a TON of ideas for Kenichi.....I just have been swamped with Work and School. I hate both of them, but adults say I need them to live in the future.

(Parents already started making comments about "When we are not here...")

I vote Hell No to closing this game, because I enjoy it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived