Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - BESM Miniseries- In the Shadows of the City

Justin OOC

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaori is up first (according to what I was told last night); there are 3 lesser hounds and a Cerberus attacking us. So far, the Cerberus has been attacking poorly. You got shoved by Lindh, and you have vowed to punish her in time. I'm hoping said punishment involves silk rope and paddles. wink

Tone down on the NPC SMASH! stuff dude, Kaori, Keiko, Ken and Skye had some good RP going and in comes this NPC to pretty much lord over us and remind us how much we suck.

Just cuz he's powerful and can pop in and insult the lot of us with no fear of reprisal doesn't make the guy wise, it just makes him irritating.

If he wants to help us come together he should be bringing us together through wisdom and experience, not taunts and insults.

Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
"I can only hope you all know the story of the 47 Ronin. If you don't, well, I'm very surprised."

I giggled a little at this. Many of the experts/philosophers of the day disagreed with their actions completely. Depending on what you read (and Kaori seems to be a "Hagakure" sort of girl), the ronin could have taken several options.

Confucian scholars- Simply let the matter stand (the shogun did order their master to commit suicide, which should've been the end of it).

Tsunetomo (samurai, author of the Hagakure)- They should have charged forward recklessly, knowing they were going to perish honorably in the attempt instead of risking the old man dying (thus losing their chance at retribution or reclaiming their honor), or hiding like cowards. Remember, they waited a year to act, and Kira was somewhere in the neighborhood of 60.

Many also believed that they should have committed suicide once Kira was dead, instead of allowing themselves to be tried (thus apparently expecting a lighter sentence than death.)

The concepts are relatively foreign to most of us, as Westerners, but, honestly, guys. Kaori's mindset isn't too far off from what would be appropriate- if a bit extreme.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that was a big jump from chapter 2 to chapter 5 but ok, and I feel horrible becayse I wanted to explain the situation and never gathered the gumption to do it X_x

Sorry about letting that chance go, lets see if I can make up for it this time around!

Meh. I was waiting on Kenichi to respond with Damien, and now I'm a little behind.

Also, Rorx, who is Archer?

Another also: If someone's talking to Jo (at least until Kazuo teaches her all the words she's not supposed to know), would you please specify what language you're using? Most of the conversation seems to be in Japanese, which is perfectly fine, but addressing her in that language won't get any sort of reasonable response. wink

Kaori, I think that the last chapter wasn't yesterday for us ICly; at the beginning of the new chapter, Justin mentioned that a couple of days had passed. I think the event you refer to in your post is from the argument over whether the demons could be rehabilited/saved.

Quote:
"You know what? If you all are going to make such a big deal out of who makes it into what groups, and are so damn set on having three teams, lets make this easy. Draw Straws, 3 long straws for team captains and then we pick and choose whoever we want. Just get this over with and stop being haugthy bitches." Kenichi looked accusingly at both Skye and Kaori.

Kaori said nothing that was inappropriate. She simply asked the group to come to a decision quickly.

Now in character Kaori's response would be to severely injure Kenichi for his insult, this obviously would get me banned from the game, as well as slow the progress of the game itself, so I'm forced to have her act OOC and sit there and take it. I don't appreciate having to do that.

To whomever the player of Kenichi is, your IC post was negative and antagonistic and I want an apology. You're ruining my fun and good cheer by backing me into a corner of forcing to play my character incorrectly.

I have no issue with Kaori attacking Kenichi as the character knows that Kaori has a violent streak the size of Tokyo.

If she really felt she was insulted, she has the ability to tell him so and as for a duel, a reparition or just go all old samurai on him and cut him down because he looked at her scabbarard wrong.

You could do it in thread or we could get a side fic for this without much trouble. =D

So my options are pretty much 'continue to be harassed IC' or 'start drama in a thread and slow it down' or 'accept to a duel fic'.

I can't say I'm happy any of those options.

Kaori doesn't have a violent streak the size of Tokyo anymore. She's quiet docile now. Her previous attitude was not conducive to a 'fun' RP environment.

Shut it Dave, I was not part of your little drama on Dead Rising and I would have been on YOUR side if I had been.

Don't bring your butthurt to other games THAT is not conductive to fun RP, Kaori being mean? That is conductive to RP when handled correctly.

and yes, this post is 50% flame.

So not only are my options limited but you're permitted to be rude to me as well. I'd retaliate, but this would quickly devolve into 10 against 1 with the entire thing being my fault.

It's okay if it's 50% flame, you're allowed. I'm the one who isn't allowed to be rude and irritated. I keep forgetting that.

Consider this matter closed. You win.

No Dave, you don't get to turn this around into you being the victim dude.

You came here, with your drama from a different game, with different ST and different people, and I DO NOT take flak for other people's trouble. You just decided to unload your goddamned problems on me instead of in something productive by whining to me, somebody who couldn't care less.

Look, you are a great guy, you are a great writer and you are a very skilled player, but I HATE the part about you that loves internet drama, I just hate it to the core.

Do wathever you want, I just want to RP and the characterization of Kaori was a mean girl who Kenichi was trying to bait and failed miserably. Fine, no problem by me.

I'm confused.

What exactly does this 'Force Field' do? If it's in a hemisphere around us then is it keeping the enemies at bay, or is it just something that provides us with extra 'armor' and they just walk through it at will?

The reason I ask is because if the Priest girl used Force Field then it should have pushed all the enemies out of bounds as it enveloped the area, if doesn't push them away then it just swallowed them all up with us and its serving no purpose at all but to keep them imprisoned with us and confining us to an incredibly small battle arena with lots of explosive fireballs impacting everywhere.

As I understand it, and if I'm wrong, Long please correct me, this is a Force Field power bought with the Area attribute. It protects everything in its radius with 24 points worth of armor, but doesn't hinder our attacks (any more than it would hinder my attacks if it was only around me). From that I infer that we can freely leave the field as well. Entering the perimeter from outside would require attacking it for enough damage to pierce it, I believe...though I admit, that's more of an assumption on my part, since as I read the book it doesn't actually say that.

Some clarification on that matter would probably be good, Long. smile

Guest Anonymous

Like Dave said, Force Field with area is a hemispherical field, which makes stuff from outside have to attack through it, and things from inside attack as regular, stuff inside the area is not subject to it if attacking other things inside, and it can be walked in and out depending on the owner.

Other than that, it dosen't push back even if we wanted to, and it shouldn't be weaponized (yet).

The Shield also has the Selectable variable. The ranged PC's may remain within the area of the feild and be protected by it and shoot out without penalty and going through the field. The PC's can if Keiko wishes pass through it as if it were not there. Any enemy attackers must first peirce the field to attack anyone within. It has a set max area and can be anything up to that area, but not beyond. The barrier is a hemisphere, it cannot be shaped.

Because they are already inside the field, the 4 Cerberus currently engaging the PC's do not have to go through the barrier to attack the PC's. If someone can toss them outside of the Area of effect they will have to do so.

It is probably very useful against the long ranged weapons half the heads had and the little army of Cerberuses that can throw fireballs at us, useless if they can not get through the shield.

Then again, Kenichi can probably pick a Cerberus and throw it outside too, so it has uses, they just are not apparent at first sight.

The other team needs to get on and choose what they are gooing to do. Personnally I reckon they would have more luck against the horde than against the demon Lords, but that's just me. Having said that jim could create an area attack weapon which wouldn't effect the party, only demons smile

Originally Posted By: Rorx
The other team needs to get on and choose what they are gooing to do. Personnally I reckon they would have more luck against the horde than against the demon Lords, but that's just me. Having said that jim could create an area attack weapon which wouldn't effect the party, only demons smile

One demon lord vs an entire horde of monsters? Plus, if we lose against the horde, the cost is higher. If your area attack affect demons, it would work on the demon lord just as well. Just my $.02.

It's not keeping anything at bay. They inflict enough damage in a single attack to degrade it with no problem. You did read the rules about collapsing a Force Field right?

Your Force Field stops only 24pts. When they attack it absorbs that damage but the rest is carried over to whichever target the attack was intended for, but since the attack inflicted more than the field can withstand it loses effectiveness. Each Cerberi get 3 attacks, each attack inflicts more than 24pts of damage, you have a Force Field Rating of 6, there are 20 Cerberi.

Two will collapse it, and then it'll be gone for 6 full turns while it recharges.

It's not actually keeping them at bay, the Demon Lords are. I can not, for the life of me, understand why if they want us to surrender or die they are only sending in a few at a time and separating their attacks among enemies! They're Demon Lords for crying out loud, they're supposed to brilliant tacticians and super geniuses of the Negaverse or where ever the hell they come from. If four ganged up on Keiko, we lose our healer. If four ganged up on Kaori, she's done. Rinse, repeat...

It's not like these guys have honor or care about fighting fair.

Archived