Mutants & Masterminds: Harmony City - Around the Water Cooler -- OOC Table Talk

Dawn OOC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a confession, a really hard one. I suck at running super hero games. After watching Mike and the fabulous job he's done in UP, my lack of ability in this area is very clear to me. I should have admitted this a while ago, or been able to restrain myself from starting again.

The fault is mine, and I'm really sorry guys, but I think I have to close this. I'm sure that some of you will insist that I'm in too many games, but that's not the truth. The simple truth is that my heart isn't in the game, and I can't keep forcing it forward. I'm sorry - sorry for the frustration with me and the time spent in something that didn't become anything. I can only hope that you guys had some fun while it was going.

If someone else would like to pick it up and run it, I'll give them all my notes and ideas that I'd put together for the game. I'd love to see someone else take this and make it flourish, because it clearly isn't going to be me.

Sorry guys. I'm sorry to let you down this way.

Dawn...I've sorta had the vibe you didn't have your heart in the game for awhile, so it's really a relief more than anything to have you do this. It's not that I wasn't enjoying it, but I'd much rather have clear closure and for you to focus on the games you have passion for.

That said, I've no objection to VoN taking it over, as long as Dawn and the other players don't.

VoN...do bear in mind that I was making plans to change my character in the game though. If you do wind up taking over, we can discuss that.

We need to hear from Reven on the issue, still. I'd like all the players to have a chance to say something before the transition happens.

Adrian, Joani (who was in the process of joining) and The Seeker are MIA.

Max, Long, Mike (said so in chat) and Rorx are ok with it.

Looks, like everyone!

Max, Brightstar, I'd like you to detail with me what you're going to be changing.

Dawn- I'd like you to unlock the Red Team thread and send me the notes for the game.

Once all that's settled, I'll continue with the current missions. After all that, we'll see what new deviltry hits Harmony City.

• 4 weeks later...

I...ok. Bear in mind that short of expending Extra Effort, there's not a whole lot she can actually do in this fight. The creature's too big and heavy for her d-pocket and teleport attacks, and she hasn't got any other 'offensive' powers.

That's one reason I have a whole other character waiting in the wings. Tess is an interesting design in some ways, but ultimately flawed. In the end she's a one-trick pony, and that trick is unwelcome out of combat, and situationally useless in combat. So.

I kind of hope I -am- done with her, as soon as possible. Though I intend to give her some dignity in her sendoff.

• 2 months later...

Yeah. Been blocking on this big time. A couple of developments occurred, in-game, that I wasn't expecting and that kind of have an impact on my character's concept. Been trying to think of how to fix...coming up blank.

So, in the interests of not holding things up anymore, and in recognition of the fact I have no idea how to resolve my issues, and probably never will...I will write Tess out, and withdraw from the game.

My sincere apologies for waiting this long. I didn't want to take such drastic action, but I can see my welcome is long since worn out.

Hope y'all have a fun and rewarding game.

Thanks.

I'm sorta still here but I have to admit the one sentence/two line posts from the guy who is supposed to be setting the scene for us and getting us entrenched into this world and experience is a real downer.

"You're in a lab."

"You swing your sword, the guy bleeds."

And other assorted, incredibly lacking narratives does not a fun story make.

My posting here slowed, barring my absence, mostly due to the fact that I really wasn't into the story anymore. When my PC has something more to react to than weak descriptions and one sentence replies he'd be more active.

Now, I understand that there doesn't need to be a novel with every post, and I've tried to help out a bit with posts like this:

Originally Posted By: Ditto
He pressed this and that as he walked by, and toggled any levers from up to down and vice versa as he saw them.

And I get this as a reply...

Originally Posted By: Novus
Ironically, there was not anything that seemed like a device or technology in the room.

Which then gets replies like this...

Originally Posted By: Ditto
The Magnanimous Master of Mimicry stopped playing with things that weren't there. "Guys, tell me when I'm playing with imaginary things next time, would ya? Geez..."

And that puts me back at square one. I tried to help set the scene and give us players a little more to work with but to no avail, so I kinda gave up.

I like playing Ditto, mostly because in any other forum he would have been locked up in a pretty little jacket that let him hug himself all day, but I'm not getting much to work with, even when I make it up myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived