Mutants & Masterminds: Harmony City - Around the Water Cooler -- OOC Table Talk

Dawn OOC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Primax
1. Does the team have a tactical leader? 2. A public leader for dealing with the media and others? 3. What floors are our rooms on? 4. What do we do in our off hours? Just curious. laugh

1. Not yet, that is for you to decide amongst yourselves.

2. You have a public liasion, whom you'll meet in good time.

3. 14th

4. Umm... sex, drugs and rock 'n roll?

Originally Posted By: Primax
Does the team have a tactical leader?

1. Ditto'll volunteer, but then again he'd be willing to do anything. However I think the tactic "Quick! Someone use science!" would quickly allow enemies to adapt to our strategies.

Quote:
A public leader for dealing with the media and others?

Not really Ditto's cup of tea. He's good with people (diplomacy ranks) but that's only because he's not shy or put off about meeting or speaking with people. He's not responsible enough for the job.

Quote:
What floors are our rooms on?

14th.

Quote:
What do we do in our off hours?

Well, Ditto enjoys water-cooler surfing (standing on the top of a 5 gallon water cooler and rocking it while trying not to fall off), eating, playing video games, playing video games about eating, eating while water-cooler surfing, and, rest-assured, annoying the hell out of everyone (and if he can do it while eating, all the better).

While doesn't intentionally annoy others, his abundant energy and ability to get bored quickly usually means he's looking for someone to hang out with and others have a hard time keeping up with him.

Since it was never mentioned that press were not permitted inside the building then there is no inconsistency. During most events you have those who are down on the red carpet and you have a select few reporters and photographers that are allowed exclusive admittance 'back stage'.

Ditto's enterance took into consideration those five or six journalists who were permitted to be closer to the action.

A note on what I just posted. Studying emergency manuals are boring. But we have a holiday coming, so people will be busy. So I'll toss the occasional hint into the narrative about what is happening until Sunday/Monday, when the team is actually called in. Until then, feel free to have your character continue to post, either noting how much he/she hates/loves training or trying to break up the training, or whatever.

Combat will proceed when we all have returned from Thanksgiving. By then, I should have a combat guide that will discuss how we're going to proceed. My goal is to make things as clear and smooth as possible.

Questions right now?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I'm sorry I stalled out on you. I have every intention of moving the game forward as soon as I can, but right now I'm swamped by homework. While I've been able to get out small posts to keep the games I play in rolling forward, I haven't had the time to get the big post I have planned.

But I hope that will change today or tomorrow. So if Monday comes and I haven't put up a definiative forward-moving post, feel free to pelt me with e-tomatos or something.

Haha... -1 PP for you, buster. laugh

I've moved the story forward. Please remember to not do too much in your posts; we're not in combat yet, but everyone is going to be reacting at the same time you are. So just keep that in mind. smile

I'll have a map ready for you when we hit combat. Combat will start sometime after Wednesday.

And just so you are informed, I finished my week of double assignments; this next week I will have a final to do, but only a final. And after the 15th, I'm done. I also have another project related to possible free-lance work, so I'll still be busy, but I should have the time to keep this rolling forward.

In case no one has done the math I've been trying to find a system that I can use to tag Ditto mimicing power so if he makes a 'duplicate' of another PC or NPC there will be little confusion.

So far marking anon posts wit the tag "D_(duplicate)" seems to look okay. Keep in mind this is strictly OOC since Ditto morph is perfect unless someone can break through his disguise (+82), or just observes for a moment while Ditto acts like... well, himself.

Among the Heroes this shouldn't be too difficult, but I'm sure it would get confusing at times for them to tell which is which. Obviously Ditto will give this away at times, but if there is no way to tell, via a casual glance, then I thought it might be best to mark his posts.

This'll be important I think once he starts mimicking minions and villains.

Of course... on the bright side the heroes will likely see villains speaking and acting in a manner that will be quite entertaining.

To answer some questions about combat:

[jameson] 9:30 am: so I got Qs already

[jameson] 9:30 am: Do you want us to roll our init?

[jameson] 9:31 am: What about once combat is underway?

[jameson] 9:31 am: and should our reactions be limited to basically a free round? Or just 1 standard action?

[Carver] 9:44 am: The immediate thing I'm looking for is RP reactions and maybe one defensive action. I'm asking people to reserve Combat actions for the rounds. You can roll Init, if you post the roll in your reaction post. Those that don't react will have it rolled by me on Friday morning. When combat is go, again, you can do your own rolls, so long as they are electronic. I prefer the Beta Chat roller, Invisible Castle or White Wolf's rollers.

I did clearly say at the beginning of that post that it was a rewind/repost in light of the new information.

As for the lack of speech, he is not going to try to shout idle banter over screaming people while a cop seems to be getting eaten.

Well, it's not that I confuse easily, it's just that I hate to assume anything; especially in a PBP. It's no big deal, and sorta knew what Rorx was going for, but retconning posts is not something that is usually done very often.

With both posts hanging there I was sorta in a 'wtf' zone of thinking but thought maybe he and Dawn had a lil sumtin'-sumtin' going on the side so I kinda posted around it.

But, yeah... help a brutha out in the future: pick one time line and stick with it. crazy

I've brought this here as it seemed more appropriate than discussing things in the Combat Tracker...

Originally Posted By: Ditto
Are you taking into account that if you miss you may hit the officer?

Yep, but then that's the sort of reason I've got Precise Shot, Accurate shot and an Attack of +8 for.

Ditto-Brightstar and Brightstar are in the same situation with covering Vixen as it is the ones around the cop most likely to attack her. Dwarfstar is just doing it from a different angle than the two of you.

As long as Ditto and Brightstar are not going for the ones occupying adjacent areas to Vixen or the officer they'll be fine, which is where precise shot comes in handy, but Primax should be handling the melee around Vixen.

That way the ranged people can handle what's approaching without fear of striking innocent people or party members. If there is a Ani-borg adjacent to Vixen or the officer, and one of us miss with a ranged attack... the target is determined randomly. +8 or not, if you're cool with the risk, go for it.

I was just of the opinion that is she has a brick down there covering her (Primax), have a little faith in the brick to take care of things (since he doesn't run the risk of accidentally hurting the officer) while the ranged people provide support without the possibility of putting lives in danger.

Normally I'd agree with you, but in this case there are a couple of reasons why I think he'd try to cover from range.

1. His never worked in a team beforehand, so he probably isn't really considering the risk of hitting them, he would assume his good enough not to until proven otherwise.

2. There are 3 cyberbeasts about the cop and only Primax going to cover her in melee, that suggests that at least one will be going for her, if not two, since I assume that Primax can only take 1 on at a time?

Dave, for future reference, attributes don't add to your attack rolls. It's just your attack bonus, plus any bonuses from feats or powers. So +5 from attack bonus, and +4 for 2 ranks of Accurate, for a total of +9 to hit. That's still 21, which should be plenty.

Arr, M&M has some oddities like that, especially for when you've played 'normal' d20 systems. I think they uncoupled attributes from hit bonuses so that Strength and Dexterity would be more in balance with other stats. Otherwise they'd have had to charge more for 'em.

Consider me on holiday until the 30th. I may have internet access - I haven't been to my sister's place before, so I don't know the situation. I'll post when I can, if I can.

Have a good time with whatever holiday you're celebrating this season. smile

Archived