Alternity: The Elements of Eternity - Episode 1: Keep The Home Fires Burnin'

"It doesn't make any sense." Beth said softly while reviewing the holo map again. "You're correct Gabriel, where is everyone? What happened here?"

"We can worry about that later," Erebus said quietly. "For now, let's get to the Command Center."

A few minutes and a frigid climb up a lift shaft later...

The doors to the Command Center slid open with a complaint of disturbed rime falling to the floor.

The boarding party entered through the eastern door and could see along the 'northern' end of the chamber was an immense window spanning the entire wall that gave the viewers an breath taking look at the stars beyond and the surrounding debris field. Consoles glimmered along the glass wall as several stations were posted just before an incline that led to an observation deck, nothing fancy just an incline whee one could stand an observe the stars.

All manner of equipment flickered its lights in a variety of colors along the walls in the dark emergency lighting as abandoned stations lay empty on all sides of the colossal chamber. Along the 'southern' wall set the Computer Core, a massive mainframe that took up ten cubic feet on it's own. Within it's center pulsed a shimmering blue crystal that added an eerie addition to the environs.

Click to reveal..
North and South are relatively useless, but I'm using them for perspective so you guy get a feel of up and down if looking at a map. Speaking of a map, there won't be one. The one I sketched up had over one hundred rooms so I decided to just free form your travel throughout the base.

You'll have destination options and we'll go from there.

Ball's in your court.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isis' eyes scanned the empty and silent room as she walked forward towards the computer core. She saw no signs of combat. No bullet holes or evidence of high energy burns. No overturned workstations or chairs. No bodies.

"Under what circumstances would the base have been evacuated?" she asked Beth, though she didn't stop her security sweep to do so.

On reaching the computer core she stopped. The eerie blue light of the crystal gave her a strange, otherworldly look; making her the Blue Fairy of Pinocchio fame. In the well-protected housing of her own computer core relays switched, and activated her wireless dataport.

Invisibly and inaudibly, at the speed of light, Isis sent a packet of data to the base core computer; a standard 'handshake' request for port and protocol. Once that basic connection had been made, she would see what could be done from the inside.

"A core breech," Beth replied as holo text scrolled in the air about her neon lit 'work windows'. "That's the only thing that could pose any threat to this station out here. All other searches for other possibilities are coming up nil."

By the time Beth looked up, Isis was already transmitting to the Core. She tuned to Erebus and the others. "That's highly sensitive data in there, she does not have authorized access. Call her back."

The core hummed to life as it and Isis 'negotiated'.

"I'm sorry Beth, but we're not wearing our 'I give a shit' buttons today. Guys, let's secure the area. Shiro, you're on Isis for now." Erebus patted Shiro hard on the shoulder while slinging up his laser SMG and walking off to the opposite end of the room to look about.

Beth tailed along, whispering silently and nagging him every step of the way. He ignored her.

Click to reveal..
Isis - I'll get the hack started after the guys have a chance to get situated and into a position within the room.

Guys - Soon enough Isis will have a moment in the sun. While the story will mainly center on her for a short time while she hacks the Core I'll do my best to include you guys in, don't be shy and feel free to mingle with NPCs or look about. You have Erebus, Beth, Biggs, and Wedge you can try and get info from... you never know what you'll find.

Gabe holstered his pistol and proceeded with a walk of the perimeter of the room, checking the consoles for any that might be active or any written material - to check what langauge it might be in.

He is looking for an active console or one listed as being an engineering one so that he try to bring it on line. As he walks around he will trail one hand over the consoles on the off chance he gets an impression of their last emotions.

Originally Posted By: You get a vision

A slow walk of the rooms reveals very little, the consoles were all shut down as the Administrative Lock Down executed. What minor details can be made out is the galactic basic (English) language displayed here and abouts along several of the plasma consoles still displaying lock-down messages.

A sudden white flash engulfs Gabriel's senses...

Power. Slumber. Vengeance. These thought permeate Gabriel emotions and mind for a split until he sees a war. Soldiers on all sides wearing archaic in design yet highly advanced armor and wielding grim looking blades, swords, like nothing ever recorded in earth's history. Until a single soldier stands out among his vision from upon high, hundreds if not thousands lie dead around him in a macabre crop circle of corpses.

Sweat drips from his brow as he grits his teeth to ready himself for the next barrage of enemies... he appears all but invincible, his wicked blade shimmers briefly before exploding into a blazing blue aura of energy. He shouts a silent cry (the vison doesn't grant audio) and rushes forward with no fear.

You recognize the warrior. It is Erebus.

The vision ends, and nary a second has passed.

Click to reveal..

The events are beyond what he can normally do with his Postcognition so he is just hoping for something without really expecting it. Up to you Dave if he gets anything or not.

The world melted away and I.S.I.S.'s joints locked up and her balance compensator kicked in to keep her from fall in while she was 'out', and her senses opened up to the virtual world.

Within the construct she noticed that there was little effort put into it's design, so it appeared to be a dark blue flat landscape with a 'sky' that was a few shades lighter to discern the horizon.

Pulses of data surged through towers of crystal all around here which seemed to be just crystaline cubes stacked several stories tall. She knew each cube was a datastore, but she wasn't here for data, she needed to hack the system and get the system back online.

Within the center of the Crystal City was a massive sphere that coursed with blueish energy like a giant tesla, it's tendrils of energy licked up and about the datastores around it.

It had to be the CPU.

With experience and long practise from within his Order Gabe carefully commits the details of the vision to memory, and also starts writing them up on a datapad. As he does so he drifts over to Beth.

"What did you claim they were mining here?"

"I'm sorry." Beth said to Gabriel apologetically. "But that's classified. I can not divulge any information about the work of this station to any one outside the StarMech Collective. It's policy. Again, sorry."

He looks up from his datapad in order to better gauge her reaction to what he says, "It probably is classified, and I'm starting to wonder if you were cleared for it yourself. That computer core looks to me to be too well protected for any normal mining operation no matter what it was mining. And that suggests to me that you were digging for alien tech."

He raises his voice so that the others could hear him, "Which is supported by the vision/impression I just got of a slumbering power bent on vengeance."

Archived