Back from ICC 2008

For the handful of fellow Cammies on this board....

Just got back in from the 2008 International Camarilla Conclave last night, and wow. Just wow. I had an absolute, unmitigated, full-bore blast at ICC (my first ICC, btw).

I played three characters at Requiem this year - my two current primaries and the "ghost" of my previous primary - and had absolutely great story (including a fantastic end-story for my "ghost") with each one, in different ways and different levels of interaction (or lack thereof) with the plot.

Awakening was simply fantastic, with a level of self- and group-exploration that taught everyone who got involved a lot about their characters and each other. I swear, there will be long-distance cabals formed out of this year's game!

And Forsaken... hells, my Irakka Iron Master gave birth, healed herself up, had a tear-filled scene of making a brutal choice between staying with her child or going on a likely-to-kill-her mission to save others, jumped on a freakin' moving train, got back to find out a Balehound stole her baby(!), and had to desperately chase the Balehound down and recover her newborn before finally getting shuttled off in the direction of Robin's Farm for a bit of recovery and quality mommy time. For both personal and group story, it just doesn't get much better than that!

I didn't get to do Changeling because I was tied up in meetings... but let me say that both were great meetings. Talking with the Requiem developer gave me a better handle on certain aspects of the intent and feel of the line. And "Re-examining Sacred Cows" in the Camarilla was a great exploration of what we can do to make a better game for everyone.

And by the way: in the process, we raised over $26,000 for St. Jude's Hospital and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!

Near as I can tell, ICC is what you make of it. You can, if you try hard enough, stand to the side and be bored. Or you can jump in, dragging all your personal story with you, and have some of the best RP around. I took the latter route, and would like to thank all of the other 600+ players, the dedicated ST staff, and the ICC staff as a whole who made it possible!

Oh, and as a quick note: I was absolutely floored to find myself named in the awards ceremony as the International Camarilla Member of the Year. smile

--

Jessica Orsini, US2006037576

AMST-Rules; DC MO-017-D

Venue Directory Guru: http://www.cam-wiki.org/index.php/Venue_Directories

Member of the AMST Brute Squad

Originally Posted By: Sarah O'Neally
Balehound stole her baby(!)

DINGOES ATE MY BABY!

Originally Posted By: Sarah O'Neally
And by the way: in the process, we raised over $26,000 for St. Jude's Hospital and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!

Oh, and as a quick note: I was absolutely floored to find myself named in the awards ceremony as the International Camarilla Member of the Year. smile

Congrats! Very cool on both counts.

Archived