Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - Teenage Mutant Ninja Table Talk

jameson (ST)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I may suggest, the lads could live near Beford Park near the Bronx Botanical Gardens. That's in the Bronx, of course, which is north of Manhattan. Rodney could live near Hunt's Point on the Upper East side near, or on, the East River.

How do we get around, btw? I fly, but the rest of you are taxi, or cab bound, unless you are really fast runners.

Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss
If I may suggest, the lads could live near Beford Park near the Bronx Botanical Gardens. That's in the Bronx, of course, which is north of Manhattan. Rodney could live near Hunt's Point on the Upper East side near, or on, the East River.

Unless anybody has objection to this I'll take it as cannon, that puts Ozzie and Wally only a few blocks from the current event. Nominally all the mutants live fairly close to each other, the tigers being on the north side of the park, the aussies in the Bronx, Rodney on the upper east side. Of course NY isn't exactly a big island but everything is relative ...

Penny is like white paper. White paper with some white ink on it ...

She's like old people food, bland and kinda mushy ...

She's like ... oh you get the idea laugh

Now that said I'm not taking on new players ATM, in fact Stargaizer and I were working together to bring him in but right now is just not a good time in game.

It figures that whatever it is, Sky would ask for it. Why can't somebody just be a dog, possum, or raccoon? You know; something vaguely normal.

That made me laugh out loud actually! My reputation really does precede me...

And to Jameson...oh wells. Lets me know if eyez can ever play. I heart Pangolins. And cheezburgers... grin

It figures that whatever it is, Sky would ask for it. Why can't somebody just be a dog, possum, or raccoon? You know; something vaguely normal.

Peanut Gallery: Devil's Advocate

Considering the 'incident' also involved all creatures in the various zoos of New York, it would not be 'weird' for your cast to be completely off-the-wall creatures, as most people don't pay to see live roadkill. laugh And really...you already have a Platypus and two White Bengal Tigers, doesn't seem that it would be too out of place imo.

I think perhaps the issue is that very fact. Of 5 mutants we have a platypus, 2 white tigers, a kangaroo, and a bat. Dogs, mice, cats, rats, and small birds should be much more common than exotic animals. That said it's less an issue of the animal and more an issue of the current state of the game and that there is already a player waiting in the wings when/if I can integrate a new PC.

Originally Posted By: jameson (ST)
I think perhaps the issue is that very fact. Of 5 mutants we have a platypus, 2 white tigers, a kangaroo, and a bat. Dogs, mice, cats, rats, and small birds should be much more common than exotic animals. That said it's less an issue of the animal and more an issue of the current state of the game and that there is already a player waiting in the wings when/if I can integrate a new PC.

Agreed, agreed, I was just throwing my two cents in. wink

It was pretty close, Joani. You gotta understand that there's no automatic successes here. The Porcubear had a chance to resist, and it made it with a lucky roll.

Just put a point or two more into Intimidate skill if you want to use it more as a tactic, so you'll have the edge.

+3 bonus is pretty wimpy. The Bear had +8...so right away you were at a big disadvantage.

If you hold your action you permanently alter your initiative value, you'll end up going after the PB EVERY round thereafter.

Originally Posted By: M&M Rule Book pg 156

DELAY FREE ACTION

By choosing to delay, you act at a later point in the initiative order than your rolled initiative. When you delay, you voluntarily reduce your initiative for the rest of the combat. When your new, lower initiative count comes up later in the same round, you can act normally. You can specify this new initiative total or just wait until some time later in the round and act then, fixing your new initiative at that point.

Delaying is useful if you need to see what your friends or enemies are going to do before deciding what to do yourself. The price you pay is lost initiative. You never get back the time you spent waiting to see what was going to happen.

OK. I should note that there is another manuver which would let you INCREASE your initiative but would require a full round of not acting:

Originally Posted By: M&M Rule Book pg 158

REFOCUS (FULL ACTION)

Refocus is a full action during which you cannot move. You do nothing that round except refocus your attention and appraise the situation. On the following round, you move up in the initiative order and are positioned as though you rolled a 20 on your initiative check. The usual modifiers to Initiative checks apply to your new initiative total.

Archived