Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - Teenage Mutant Ninja Table Talk

jameson (ST)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I should note now that the game is underway. Unlike my other games I'm going to have you roll your own dice. That will allow you to determine if your attack rolls have landed and at least give you an idea of the scope of your roll for skills and such. Anytime you want to roll a skill (or an action) just include either a link to invisible castle or a cope/paste from the Beta chat dice roller.

Regarding combat, make your post as descriptive as you like regarding the actual attack but hold off from detailing the damage I will do that when I make the Toughness saves for the thugs. below your post clearly state what your attack is in game term and detail your roll. I'll do the same for their attacks and allow you to roll toughness and describe the damage (if any) you take ...)

I updated now and sorry for the delay - I'll try to keep up the next days but like I said, I'm feeling a lot under the weather and hope my medication kicks in soon enough to get back at 100%.

Cole - I'm going to try to update our fic tomorrow.

Even goons figure out that discretion is sometimes the better part of valor....

Now that the first combat is over I'd like your reactions to the system and the method that we used to execute the combat. There were certain liberties I took so as to not overload with special rules but by and large that was pretty much right out of the book.

Specifically I want to ask you all about lethal vs. non-lethal damage. With the exception of Ramani's throat mauling attack I was treating everything as non-lethal damage though in reality I think we can all agree that knives and claws and such would really be potentially lethal. This becomes further complicated when we add in guns and such later. If you all want we can continue to assume non-lethal damage unless an attacker specifies they are doing lethal, alternately we can take the more realistic (and grimmer and grittier) approach and have attacks from claws and knives and bullets and such do lethal damage always.

That went well enough for a first combat I would say.

As for Lethal vs Nonlethal, I know it's goofy, but I'd prefer to not kill everyone I strike with my claws, unless I specifically go for an area where such a strike would be fatal. A Claw rake across the chest isn't usually enough to kill someone, but across the throat? that's almost always fatal.

Remember you always have the option of making an "unarmed attack." Even if you have claws.

This attack does no base damage, but will do your Strength modifier as a damage bonus. If you have Str 20, your unarmed attack damage is +5. This is nonlethal damage.

In general, lethal damage is "anything that makes you bleed." Claws definitely count.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived