Cthulhutech

SkyLion

Since I have heard interest in sci-fi rpgs I thought I should share my latest game fixation: Cthulutech!

It's a fusion of anime tropes with the classic Cthulhu mythos, modified of course by the author's own artistic license and given a typicly more gritty and real tone than alot of anime.

The Migou are a race of alien fungoid/insect/crustaceans from Yuggoth (Pluto) who, after failing to wipe out humanity with their race of cloned/memory implanted soldiers, have invaded the planet in their own right. Humanity faces a three front war between the aliens, the Esoteric Order of Dagon, which is now an army scouring the seas for lost R'lyeh, and the Disciples of the Unnameable, the servants of the Old One Hastur. Meanwhile various cults threaten the New Earth Government from within.

That's the briefest way to say it. Character types range from Soldiers and Mech Pilots to Arcane Investigators and Occult Scholars. Character can be sorcerers but its not DnD wizard style. Magick in the game takes the form of rituals which take hours or days to perform and often require more "juice" than the caster has, necessitating acolytes. There are also Guyver like characters figting a shadow war or you can choose to play a para-psychic, which at the high end of power (either with xp or by starting off as a mad out of control "Zoner") are at an Akira like level of ability. Lastly are Evangelion like Engels, who are essentially monstrous like cyborgs encased in armor both to hide what they truly are and to keep them from going Berserk when their pilots are knocked unconsious.

In fact the game can be seen as an ingenious mashup between Robotech, Evangelion, Guyver, Akira and the Cthulhu Mythos.

Anyways, I really dig it, and thought you might too! Check it out:

www.cthulhutech.com

Archived