Aberrant RPG - President Nova

Corbin

Hey, I was wondering who you guys and gals had become the president in the election in world wide phase I. I thought the section was kind of boring and it didn't really fit the characters in my game to well. If i remeber correctly they even suggest one of the Pc's running for President, which seems kind of unlikely for most players in the game.

Well in my game I had the "Fire Man" win. It seemed like the most intresting choice at the time.

Well I'd love to hear what you all did.

Later

My biggest pet peeves with WWI is in that story...

First, yes, the story was pretty damn boring. My players were bored. Unless the players are willing and psyched about doing a electoral campaing (which really isn't the case), then they have no idea what to do or even what they have gotten into. And it so slow... with so many little events ... and zzzzz.

Second, thru the whole story they keep saying Portman has very few chance of winning, that as a first run he'll do well, but he'd need to be extremely lucky to win.

Well, I agreed. Morrison won in my version of it. And despite all the "Portman has a snowball in hell of a chance to win" comment, Portman WON in cannon. Now that annoyed me.

Sure... Portman won in 2012 (most people were now used to the idea of a nova president), but still...

Archived