Aberrant RPG - Quantum vampire... I'm a bit confused.

klode

This is the aberrant core system I'm talking about, if anyone's a bit confused...

I've looked over the quantum vampire power, and I'm a bit confussed actually.

In the power it states that, "The player must define which single power, attribute or (after errata) ability the nova can steal when he buys this power."

Now I know It's not exactly a 3'rd level power, but still: only one single power, atrribute or ability at the time, can that really be? Oh, and can you choose the same power more than once?

Cheers

I see that too, It's just that i wanted to make a Rogue like character, but guess Quantum imprint, disrupt, and quantum vampire(health steal) is the only way to go, and as a linked power, maybe even adding quantum leech in later on with some severe increases, like permanent as long as skin-to-skin contact is made, still paying quantum points ofcourse(just not capable of controlling it), and that's how far I've come with the power concept... The character concept is survivor type, oh and there's this flaw, flashback... Now when I touch people, I like Rogue from x-men, gain their powers, abilities and physical/psychological(including some memories) traits for a while, but flashback is not always of my own memories, but often those of others... hm, how does that sound?

Cheers

Rogue doesn't need Vampire because she doesn't *need* to steal powers from people. It's claimed she does but the effect we actually *see* is they're unconscious. When they haven't been unconscious they've also still had their powers.

Aberration: Anima Banner: Random Power Effect, body mod, or Aberration of Target.

Aberration: Multiple Personality: Random Personality from Target(s) or Carol D.

Touch Power:

1) Q-Imprint (lots):

2) Telepathy (touch or linked to QI):

3) Mental-Blast (touch or linked to QI, weak: Bashing only, maybe Burning as long as touch goes on).

Then if we're talking about the old Rogue, M-Str 2 or 3, Flight, M-Dex, M-Stam, and Armor.

aberration permanent(quantum imprint) and when it's linked, well you get the point, right?

But is it really only mental blast?

and telepathy for mind reading and becoming like the person from an aberration? can they both be linked to QI?

quantum leech later on maybe...:S?

Oh yea, one more thing: Does anyone know how the stealing life from others in the quantum vampire works?

Cheers

But is it really only mental blast?

:Shrug: It's all you really need. It doesn't work on robots or cause 'real' damage so it works pretty well.

and telepathy for mind reading and becoming like the person from an aberration?

Rogue can gain information and skills from people. QI does skills but not info.

can they both be linked to QI?

Telepathy probably can, even though it's a concentration power. You'd have to twink it with some strengths and weaknesses, but it's the base power I'd go with.

Technically the aberration *isn't* linked to the power, it exists on it's own, but this is a character with a really solid theme so everything fits together well.

aberration permanent(quantum imprint) and when it's linked, well you get the point, right?

Rogue *doesn't* have a perm power by abby standards. What Rogue has is 'Uncontrolled Power' (whenever anyone is touching her). That's another medium aberration, and yeah, all the linked powers would work together. This also means that her taint is 7 and all her linked powers get +7 dice to use.

Leech works well... except when it doesn't. Rogue's powers work on baselines, and Leech doesn't. If Leech is totally linked in there, then the ST might (should?) rule that baselines aren't legal targets and not turn on the "accidental activation".

hm, nice reply..:D

well, goes like this: flaw: flashback(different personalities gathered through telepathy)

Some taint through buying the powers and some other stuff, and then uncontrollable power(skin-to-skin contact) and multiple personality disorder... why anima banner though, since I manifest their power fully and take over some of their traits, for a while...?

edit: what I meant by linked though was, can three powers be linked together?

Cheers

RE: 3 power linkage

Don't see a reason why not. The weakness would be the same (i.e. -3).

why anima banner though, since I manifest their power fully and take over some of their traits, for a while

Define "some of their traits"? Going off of Rogue, if she touches NightCrawler she gets his dark skin. Since he didn't lose it, this is her aberration, not his. Further, QI can't mimic aberrations.

What about a weakened or modified version of Aberration Transfer. In it, you transfer their aberrations to you, but they still keep theirs.

It could be linked with Q-Imprint and Q-Vampire (Stamina and/or Health level).

This way, you could have a level 5 weakened Ab Trans., and a level 3 weakened Q-Imprint and Q-Vamp.

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
Q Vamp: Health Levels would work for the "life force drain." That would be more accurate for her than mental blast...
It would more accurately reflect the *claimed* *theme/powers*.

But her touch, even prolonged, doesn't kill. Worse, if she touches lots of people she doesn't appear to have the hit points of a group of people. Touching people doesn't heal her injuries, that sort of thing.

Originally Posted By: Nosferatu
What about a weakened or modified version of Aberration Transfer.
Or maybe just a house rule that Aberrations can be QI'ed, or even Aberration-Shapeshift.

But the evidence on this is inconsistent and complicated. By Abby standards since she has 2 medium aberrations she also needs 2 minor ones, and this would be a good one.

It does leave us still missing a minor aberration, I guess we could go with the stripe in her hair (especially in the movie).

Agreed its not a perfect translation from comics to the powers available in the system setting. I would point out that yes her touch can kill...had she not stopped when she did Miss Marvel would have died rather than just be in a coma. It was from such a prolonged touch that Rogue gained the super strength flight and Invulnerability. In several versions including the movie version such a prolonged touch has been stated as lethal.

In several versions including the movie version such a prolonged touch has been stated as lethal.

We keep *hearing* this... but even when she badly screws up, they don't die. Far as I can tell she's never actually done this, even by accidentally rolling 8 succ when she's expecting 4 against a normal. The claims don't match the observed evidence. If we go by what we actually see, people never die.

In abby terms it's a lot easier to deal with "perm" power transfer by just buying the powers outright.

She always lets go by the time they lose unconsciousness. She always lets go because she is neither evil nor a murderer. If she kept holding on they would die. In Abby terms they are uncinscious at -7 bashing and she would keep holding on into lethal...

Carol didn't die. In the movie Wolverine grabbed her, her power worked, and he passed out leaving both of them unconscious.

Even when we start dealing with the really nasty alternate, evil versions of her... we still don't see people dying.

Now granted I've been away from comics for a while so maybe there's an example out there of her standard powers doing this...

...but something else we've never seen (to my knowledge) is her sucking someone down to heal her own wounds. She gets powers, skills, memories, personalities, but far as I can tell she doesn't get more *life* or whatever.

Again, I've been out of comics and maybe now that she's not invulnerable we've seen this? If not... well...

Its true that in the movie that she had to absorb wolvies healing factor to regen so maybe HL isnt the best fit ...but we are talking about Abby so nothing is going to be an *exact* fit. Envy was based on Rogue and I had the whole shebang of like 6 or 7 linked powers. I do think in the movie they mentioned that if Rogue hadnt let go of wolverine that he could have killed him. She has never done this in the cmoics because as I said she isnt a murderer. She lets go before hand on purpose. The other think ICLy of the comics is that she absorbs their persoanlities too so for that reason alone it makes her hesitant to use the power. She had alot of Carol Danvers in her for a long time and it wasn't exactly easy on her, over and above her guilt for putting the woman into a coma for years...

Huh, what did Envy look like?

Also, since QV(health/stamina) is a direct absorption effect, it may fit a bit more to the theme of gaining some traits and such of the character.

Just don't know how it works though...:S

Cheers

Envy? Stat wise he had a Mega Power I called Quantum Hijacking:

--{{Quantum Hijacking}}—

Total Activation Cost for Linked Powers:

7 QP (9 QP if target possesses Mega-Strength or Mega-Dexterity)

Maintenance Cost per 6 turns: (for Q-Forgery, Imprint, Disrupt, and Dissimunize):

8 QP (Note: In practice, rather than doing this he would usually try and Q-Jack

them again…)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Quantum Forgery 1

Extra: Total Forgery

5 levels of Weakness:

1x No Multiple Actions

3x Linked: Simultaneous, no penalty

1x No range (touch only)

5 levels of Strength: Power level reduced by 1

--Quantum Leech 1

4 levels of Weakness:

1x No Multiple Actions

4 levels of Strength:

+ 4 points of quantum drained if power roll succeeds (total Drain 10 Quantum)

--Quantum Imprint (Intelligence Based) 3

Extra: Multiple Targets

5 levels of Weakness:

2x reduced duration: equal to other linked powers

5 levels of Strength: Power level reduced by 1

--Quantum Vampire (Intelligence based) 1

Extra: Multiple Traits: Mega Strength and Dexterity

5 levels of Weakness:

1x No Multiple Actions

1x Mega Attributes Only

5 Levels of Strength: Power level reduced by 1

--Disrupt 1

Extra: Extra Power

5 Levels of Weakness:

1x No Multiple Actions

3x Linked: Simultaneous

1x no Range: (Touch Only)

--Dissimunize 2

4 Levels of Weakness:

1x No Multiple Actions

3x Linked: Simultaneous

1x minus1 Dot duration

He was inspired by Rogue but went far way beyond and different. This was my adaptation for Abby.

Its in the weakness section of Strengths and Weaknesses to be found in the APG pg 142. I could have technically taken alot more weakness for reducing the range to touch for a couple of those but I really only needed/wanted to drop them a level.

• 11 months later...

Forgot to mention this to you guys when this thread first came up but, in a "What if" (that came out a few years after Rouge absorbed Carols powers) she was ordered to take out Carol and Thor jumped in to save Ms. Marvel. Rouge grabbed Him and absorbed ALL of his powers-And then couldn't let go and Absorbed All of the rest of him.

Thor Died and Rouge had to take his place in Vahalla. It Was a "What if?", but it's likely that her powers can kill

I read that issue, even had it a one point, wonder if it's still in my collection or not, that one actually got rather interesting, a female Thor/Rogue was increadible powerful, but very vulerable in certain ways, which was why Loki succeeded in seducing her.

However, a 'What if' is just that, it doesn't nessarily mean that her powers actually work that way, only that they might have, or did in another universe. Thor is a god after all, and deities in marvel have proved somewhat immune to mutant powers, when they wanted to be.

Archived