World of Darkness: Attrition - Hunter Hunting [Complete]

William Rose

Antoine's eye grew wide, "That was a seven? Suddenly I feel like I should be lucky to be standing. I feel like I owe you something more than an ice cream cone as well."

He nodded, "Ok, so forget holy water, fire works though and a stake works as well. Maybe guns, maybe not. I'll have to ask my buddy about that, maybe he'll be willing to talk straight..."

Antoine was taken aback a Amber laid out the werewolves major weakness. Holy crap, either she just told me how to kill their kind, or she's conning me big time. He searched her face and her eyes and saw the concern, She trusts me that much? Maybe I shouldn't be so skeptical about her then... He noted that she now held one his hands as well, What was it she said? I can't remember .. still, she doesn't see the sort to lie very well. He nodded, "I'll be careful, but I'm only human. I don't even know if there are others like me, others out there who know about this stuff and try to do something about it. I don't have anybody to watch my back ..." He left that dangling, hoping that she would tell him that she'd be there when he needed her, to keep normal people safe from the things that go bump.

Amber snorted. "You have me," she said bluntly. "I thought I'd already... well, lemme lay it out clearly. When I said you could tell people you were mine, I put my tail in the sling for you, if you fuck up. I've more or less claimed responsibility for you. If you go all hunter on one of my brothers or sisters, I'm the one who's losing face and getting the beat-down. So if you go hunting and get over your head, go ahead and call me.

"And if any supernatural is bothering you, send them to me," Amber added. "I don't want you to end up as a suck-stick for any of the leeches. And it's part of my body, as a wolfie, to take care of you, a wolfie-kin. So don't hesitate, day or night. Call and I'll come."

She clasped his hand a little tighter, her fingers adding pressure to her request. "Promise me, Antoine. Because if you go after a werewolf with silver, they are going to kill you. Silver will slow us down, but not that much. You'll be dead long before they will be." She dipped her head to his hand and rubbed her cheek over his knuckles. Trying to make a joke of it, she added, "And it'd be a shame for such a hot body to go to waste."

Antoine smiled, he'd hoped she would reply that way. Whatever her reasons she felt that way she was willing to help him, and that would be good in the long run he figured. "Good, I'm glad I can count on you. I'm a little put off by the whole ... umm, "claiming me" thing. I mean if it keeps the other werewolves from fucking with me great but the ownership connotations don't really sit well with me. For reasons I would think are clear."

He regarded her with a bemused expression as she grabbed his hand an then began to rub her cheek against it. "I'll do what I need. I know what I saw but you can't seriously tell me that a shotgun full of silver won't sit your asses down but for good, there's only so much abuse any body can take before it's not mobile." He sighed and added, "I'll be careful though, self defense and last resort only."

Originally Posted By: Amber Wren
Trying to make a joke of it, she added, "And it'd be a shame for such a hot body to go to waste."

Antoine looked at Amber, a twinkle of mischief in his eye. "Ms. Wren are you trying to seduce me?"

She had his promise. It was a relief to her, because he still didn't get it. One load of silver buckshot in her chest was just going to piss her off and give her wounds she couldn't heal very quickly. Antoine needed a one-shot kill if he wanted to deal with werewolves, and Amber was not telling him that. Not now, and maybe not ever.

The cultural reference bypassed Amber entirely and disappeared into the night. She just blinked at him, startled. No one had ever called her that before, not even on her two job interviews. So it was a joke she wasn't getting - not a stretch to believe - or it was a cultural reference. Amber got cultural references like dogs got the obscure language of cats.

Still she could tell he was joking with her, so she replied in jest. "Well, Mr. LaSalle, that wasn't a real attempt. For future reference, an attempt to seduce you will be more like this." Bending her head down again, she kissed the knuckles, her warm breath fluttering over his skin as her soft lips explored his hand. She wasn't in a hurry; she took her time getting to know that bit of flesh to which she had limited herself. Without warning, she darted her tongue out, giving him the briefest of warm, wet touches and reminding him of what she'd done to the ice cream. With one last kiss that was also a bit of a nibble, she lifted her head and gave him a satisfied smile. "That's attempting to seduce you."

"Oh I see, well I ... yeah." Antoine wasn't surprised as much as he was simply not expecting that exact reply to his half joke half question. Did you expect her to get an obscure reference like that? He hadn't and in its own way that just reinforced that she wasn't what she looked like. Sure she was a woman, but she was more and less that that. He wondered if that was typical upbringing for werewolves. There must be some that get raised normal like, some that grow up in cities. Right? The semi awkward little moment passed and they walked back to campus trading questions and answers with occasional confusion on either side of the equation. By the time they got to the campus it was full on dark. Both were feeling the rather full impact of a great deal of sexual tension and after a hug that was both too long and too short they quickly made their goodbyes and parted ways. Amber taking a bus back to her apartment and Antoine walking back across campus mulling over everything he had learned. Specifically he tried to reconcile his feelings toward the mysterious Ashe and his self appointed duty to fight against the night.

Archived