Mutants and Masterminds: A Song in Time of Revolution - OOC stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think what I want is for all of us to get together and start interacting, and also, for the plot proper to start its forward motion. Currently we're all buzzing around randomly inside of a bottle. ("Why don't you just put the whole world in a - " *THWAP*)

God, I hate this.

I won't tell you my sob story, as you probably don't care and it's irrelevent to the fact that I'm fucking up my games. Suffice it to say I've had to search for a new job, I'm running low on funds, and life is generally a big stinking pile of stressful metaphorical shit.

I will try to do better.

Barn10: Man, you know, normally I'm fine with new players, but I'm intentionally trying to limit the size of this game. I'm not really looking for new players, sorry, and if someone drops out for whatever reason I have someone else who DID express interest. But hey, if you wanna bother, sit tight. Something might happen.

Edit: I'll also be honest: Even at my best I'm probably only gonna manage 2-3 updates a week. That's just how it is. If that is unacceptable....I can't imagine why, with all the shit to choose from on this site...but if it is, we can try to work it out, talk to me. Who knows? I might even get back to you in a timely fashion.

Alex, RL issues take precedence like Max said. We understand. But if you know you are going to be away or unable to keep up with regular posting please let us know too. Otherwise I don't mind if the game only updates a couple times a week or even a couple times a month so long as the game is still moving.

Best wishes on getting your stuff straightened out!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Ryan Jackson
Alex, RL issues take precedence like Max said. We understand. But if you know you are going to be away or unable to keep up with regular posting please let us know too. Otherwise I don't mind if the game only updates a couple times a week or even a couple times a month so long as the game is still moving.

Best wishes on getting your stuff straightened out!

Well, that's the thing, man. I have time right now. I can very well update tonight. The problems are threefold and almost equally pathetic:

1) The longer I am away, the longer I want to stay away, to avoid dealing with players pissed off at me being away for so long. Kinda like a commiseration spiral of guilt and overwork. "Ooh Alex, this is all your imagination!" No. Really. Maybe I should just avoid the chat room from now on. You guys are fuckin frosty.

2) My plans for this game are vague and nebulous. Too vague and nebulous. I'm a big fan of planning rough, but this is my second game to really ST and I don't think it's a stretch to say I have no fucking clue what I'm doing. Right now I'm just treading water.

3) I have a tendency to ST games that I want to play but nobody wants to run. So I run them, and then get pissy because I'm not able to play.

If you find the current pace satisfactory....you're an odd duck, but good for you. If, like me, you're irritated with the pace and wish that lazy no-good ST would show up more often...I dunno what to tell you.

Maybe I should just ask. Given what i just wrote, are you guys really willing to stick with this game? Or should I just close it down as I'm obviously a hopeless case?

I'm leaning towards the latter, but it's not over just yet.

1) The longer I am away, the longer I want to stay away, to avoid dealing with players pissed off at me being away for so long. Kinda like a commiseration spiral of guilt and overwork. "Ooh Alex, this is all your imagination!" No. Really. Maybe I should just avoid the chat room from now on. You guys are fuckin frosty.

- I can only speak for myself, but I've never intentionally treated you frostily. I'm not mad at you, and if I was I'd talk to you.

I'm familiar with guilt spirals though, and how they can taint one's perspectives.

2) My plans for this game are vague and nebulous. Too vague and nebulous. I'm a big fan of planning rough, but this is my second game to really ST and I don't think it's a stretch to say I have no fucking clue what I'm doing. Right now I'm just treading water.

- This and #1 feel linked to me. I know that when I start avoiding something, it's usually because I don't feel ready and I don't feel like it's possible to get ready. Since I can't win regardless, why should I bother spending a lot of time and effort? But the less time and effort, the harder it is to get on top of things...and so its feeds itself.

3) I have a tendency to ST games that I want to play but nobody wants to run. So I run them, and then get pissy because I'm not able to play.

- I don't think the issue is pissiness. I think it has more to do with commitment. For a variety of reasons, all justifiable, your commitment to the game is faltering.

It happens. It doesn't reflect negatively on you, and I don't judge you for it.

The question becomes: Will this game continue?

In my experience, no game can long survive the GM losing interest. Maybe we should focus instead on something that inspires you more.

On points 1 and 2, I agree with Max. We've all had great ideas that didn't pan out well and once we've involved other people, we feel back for not being able to follow through. It happens.

On point 3, I think it comes to this: whether or not the game continues, we're not going to be mad. We might be disappointed, but we understand that things don't always work out. What you need to do is fairly assess whether or not you can keep the game going. If not, say so. We'll have our moment of disappointment and then move on. smile

Archived