Adventure! RPG: Dark Tidings - Chapter 2: Casting A Shadow

jameson (ST)

Ben began properly examining the urn as he replied to Marion. "Kolya never gave me a name, unfortunately, I don't think he was particularly interested in it, truth be told. As for where... Kolya found it at a local museum, but he said something about it being dredged from the Tigris, in Persia. Which makes sense, considering the cuneiform here. Definitely Sumerian or Babylonian..."

Ben suddenly looked very puzzled, and quite surprised for a few seconds, and then just as suddenly something "clicked". "Well, Marion, I think we have very good extra proof of the pot's connection with the shard - Because I've never learned any cuneiform in my life. And I can read some of the more legible symbols on here. If I can clean it up, I'll probably be able to read most of it..."

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The incessant tugging of the shard in Marion's hand and Ben's revelation would have seemed sufficient evidence to back up the theory that the two objects were connected. Still the pull was weak and there were more than enough unknown variables that could support Mia's idea or even reveal any number of other possibilities. The cool smooth surface of the shard suddenly went slick in Marion's hand and, as though lubricated thoroughly, slipped out of her grasp. It flew with unerring precision through the air and with a "thunk" impacted the urn and stuck there like a magnet on a refrigerator.

Ben turned the pot around, to see the side the shard had impacted. "Hmm! I think the evidence is pretty conclusive by this point. Still, best to have all the knowledge at your disposal. Marion, don't suppose you brought any of your archeological tools with you, like a brush? The pot's clearly stronger than it looks if it could withstand that impact, but I'd rather take no chances. If not, a cloth and a glass of water should do the trick if we're careful!"

Archived