World of Darkness: Attrition - Official OOC Thread

Dave ST

Originally Posted By: Owns-The-Night
I think there should be a Hellboy 2-style scene with Dec and Lucien in WoDA, where they get drunk and sing Barry Manilow badly.

Check for fear frenzy, people!

Dec's a virgin. They need to get sloppy drunk, play Barry Manilow and Lucien will (attempt) to explain how complex women are.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Dave ST
Originally Posted By: Owns-The-Night
I think there should be a Hellboy 2-style scene with Dec and Lucien in WoDA, where they get drunk and sing Barry Manilow badly.

Check for fear frenzy, people!

Dec's a virgin. They need to get sloppy drunk, play Barry Manilow and Lucien will (attempt) to explain how complex women are.

Well, he's not a virgin as of Wild Soul, but yeah. Gettin' laid is a long way from gettin' women. He could probably use the pointers...

And Adrian: whos the meatshield and who's the mind reader? laugh

Giving you guys a heads-up.

As of about 5-10 minutes ago, my computer is kaput. This might be just a temporary setback, depending on how severe the damage is, but I'm going to be pretty scarce for a little while, at least. I'll do my best to keep up in Morgan's fics, but please be patient as Dave and I will be sharing a PC in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note.

The longer it takes for us to get this Bug Hunt PM fic knocked out (and yes, I'm looking at you slackers who aren't posting, or aren't telling us what you need in order to get posting), the less we can do in WoDA, and the less useful and convenient the whole PM setup becomes.

We will still be waiting on the fic to finish before we can do other things that may or may not be impacted by the events therein.

So, pretty please. With sugar on top. Get things moving, before there's a mutiny and we start writing the damn fic for real and just use our super-special mod powers to say the thing happens whenever we damned well please.

If it gets to this point, per Dave, those who are not participating will just be written out. (Titus gets a bit of clemency due to his PC situation.)

I do not want it to go that far. This is an important story, and the fact that the people who were most excited over it conceptually have contributed so little to it thus far is endlessly frustrating to me. We realize that real-life intrudes, but there are a few players who, despite being active in other forums, have shown little inclination to participate in the fic that everyone was clamoring to start.

This is not an insult, and this is not an attack. This is, quite simply, a warning, and a polite request for you to either involve yourselves to a degree commensurate with your previous enthusiasm, or back out so that others are not waiting on you.

The only things I'll add to this is that lately, I've had accounts that don't get the PM notification. Amber's one of them. Thankfully, because I'm also in there as Dawn, OOC, I see the stuff, but some others might have technical issues.

Also, the reason we've done Bug Hunt via PM is so that we can post on it while other stuff happens; when it's done, it can go up pretty quickly and we set it's date then. Things shouldn't be held up by it unless you're talking about specific things happening within the fiction (such as Amber's proposal to Graham). If you are, cool; this post is not an attempt to tell people to slack off. Rather, I just wanted to be sure that everyone was operating on the same beliefs that I was; if we're not again, cool. I just want to be sure that I know what's really going on.

But yeah, this is an important story, and it'd be cool to get it knocked out of the park, as it were.

Could we please get some attention from the ST in the Bug Hunt fic?

People are breaking into the building and heading in, no difficulties are being applied, and we have no idea what we're looking at.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

XP has been awarded.

If you use a particular format, this format was not honored, I simply awarded the XP, you can fix it to whatever style you prefer.

I have better things to do than cater to the 30 different ways everyone wants to track their XP, congrats, you're all unique.

OK, as we no longer have the BugHunt hanging over us as an impending thingie, let's rock this joint!

Who's up for fics? I'm uber-curious to see how the Declan/Ariel/Amber pack evolves. Adrian, what kind of crazy Ordo stuff is on your plate, and how are you going to drag your crazy Gangrel friend into helping you with it? Lucien... oh, we gotta get it on! Frankie-boy, I just know you've got some tricks up your clueless mortal sleeve to run the days of us supernatural types. Oneca, I'm still kind of hopeful that we can cross paths. And one of these days Morgan and I need to pick up from our IC chats. Speaking of which, we need another IC chat! And gods know I'm groovy with whenever the Topanga decide to whack me with the next test. smile

C'mon, WoDA: let's live! (well, Adrian and I can fake it) laugh

There are still a few open plots that need resolution.

Swara only has a short time left before she's irrevokably lost.

Hunters have been gathering Intel on every super natural in WoD:A.

The clock didn't stop ticking down just because people were doing other things, it just means they were active while we were being lazy.

*nods* True enough. That said, I think we need to hit these things in smaller chunks than trying to get everyone piling in at once; that's a recipe for bogging down.

The pack really needs to be the ones to go after Swara, I'd think. Maybe - and only maybe - with Sarah in tow.

For the hunters, there's a gaggle of little fics that can be done, small team-ups and even individual stuff. We haven't stopped our patrols and the like, and may run across their trail, or they ours. Tell me you can't see a Lucien/Sarah fic of the Hunter's Hunted, Dave. smile

I apologize for the random outburst but I couldn't help noticing....

Originally Posted By: Revenant

He hung up when I asked "What if I've broken their spines for better flexibility..."

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Ah, what some people will do for verisimilitude.

Classic.

I'm under the impression that some of you have issues with WoD:A.

First I'd like to thank you for being mature enough to bring them to my attention so that they may be addressed and resolved.

Wait, my apologies, none of you have brought them to my attention so they may be resolved, you've instead decided to complain amongst yourselves in the chat room hoping that one of you may be brave enough to actually come forward to me and say something, and one of you have. You should thank them.

Problems can not and will not get resolved unless I am made aware of them, although I'm aware that you've all instead decided to start your own little free-form section and take your characters there where they will apparently be free from the tyranny of Dave.

I wish you all the best, since Sarah seems to be the only participant in WoD:A at the moment I see no reason to continue this free-form world any longer. In three months time, as per the standard rules for RPG-net, if WoD:A has not picked up in traffic it will be locked, closed and archived.

The success of a forum is dependent on it's authors, if you'd like it to die and go away, then you now have the means to do so.

As far as "starting a new WoDA" is concerned, I've heard the same rumors, and I frankly don't care. They're your characters; do what you want with them. You won't, however, use the current setting, storyline, or any information Dave and I have supplied.

If that's the general consensus, please do let us know, and Dave and I will cooperate to remove those resources to which a "new" forum should not have access.

I notice, as well, that not a single person (apart from the one who inspired this recent spate of posts) has bothered approaching either of us about their issues with the forum, but instead have elected to congregate in the same little cliques that started all of the negativity in the first place.

This is, amusingly, precisely the reaction I would have expected. Thank you for proving my assumptions to be correct.

(And if that sounds harsh, it's because it is.)

Sorry I haven't been posting Dave/Vivi this is due to a couple of things unrelated to anything you guys have or haven't been doing.

1. I'm in the middle of doing a spring project and report for my MSc course.

2. I've never done open world stuff before and I'm having difficulty thinking up stuff to start doing on my own.

3. The stuff I have thought of to catch Moss up to date I simply haven't had time to write up/work through recently

The same thing has happend to my MCoH character, Darren, for the same reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware, Jeremy/me has an OOC and an IC problem each.

OOC: I need to get into the action and based on the way the fiction is going, Jeremy needs to join Sarah's gang. A way of bringing them together leads to the IC problem.

IC: Jeremy doesn't know about the hunters being in LA in force, but once he does, it'll be obvious to him that the whole freehold is at risk.

A hook that fix everyone together? Maybe a peek at Lucien's interest in coming might be in order?

Archived