World of Darkness: Attrition - Official OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, fun fact...

You can not fit two grown men in the trunk of a Mustang without a lot of shoving and kicking, and breaking things.

"How do you know that for a fact Dave?"

Well, I'm glad you asked. I called the Ford dealership today and questioned the associate at length about how many bodies will fit in the trunk in one of the Mustangs there on the lot. We came to an agreement that it's quite possible to fit a woman and a child, or a man and a child, but not two healthy men or women.

He hung up when I asked "What if I've broken their spines for better flexibility..."

So that'll just have to remain a mystery.

So there you have it. See, I can, and will go to great lengths to answer any and all questions because I love you guys that much.

FYI, if in player-driven stories or fics you'd like to label a certain neighborhood as a good or bad part of town, please refer to Google maps, and/or get in touch with a mod. Where the setting is concerned, I need to make sure everyone is on the same page, and I've noticed inconsistency beginning to creep in here and there. Thanks!

Most of you have probably noticed my lack of activity recently. Needless to say, I haven't been giving this forum the attention I should have, and I apologize. If anyone wants to take the reins as a Mod, either temporarily or permanently, please volunteer. It will be a little while, at least, before I get back into things.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you could start by hunting some monsters. You have to bag a few before you can call yourself a 'Hunter' and you get the membership card.

I'm not just handing out Awakenings, or Embraces, or what have you to everyone just cuz they liked the book.

Perhaps if he took down the campus' Man-Bear-Pig...

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
Well, you could start by hunting some monsters. You have to bag a few before you can call yourself a 'Hunter' and you get the membership card.

Nor would I expect that to happen.

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
Perhaps if he took down the campus' Man-Bear-Pig...

That's exactly what I have planned for "Fearless Frank". I just wanted to be sure that I could "officially" take on a hunter template some time in the future.

• 1 month later...

I owe peeps some XP, two months worth I think.

With the lack of IC chats going on (sorry, been busy) I'll be awarding the +4 XP as a bonus to all active authors as if those chats had happened.

If you have fictions that need awards, please PM me with the titles (no need for links, I can find them).

I'll try and get things updated soon, thanks for contributing and remember: this is only as fun as we make it.

Sarah, we'll work on those trials soon. If you and Dawn have one worked up, by all means go for it. I'll monitor it from afar. smile

• 1 month later...

Adrian:

Retainer 3(Gwen)

You have this listed as costing you 6XP. Actually it will cost you 12XP. You have to buy the background from the ground up.

So while 3x2 does equal 6, the actual math is 2 for the first dot, 4 for the second dot, and 6 for the third dot for a total of 12XP.

So 6XP will get you a Level 2 retainer.

I hadn't considered that. If that's the case then there's no problem. I generally go by the Core Book, since keeping up with everyone's special perks would make my head melt.

If you pay half, then Adiran's all good man. Thank for clarifying.

If Welcoming Committee is waiting on me, then I apologize. There are four Hunters in the building and the only one visible is the guy on the roof with the rifle.

The three are running to the back entrance to get the hell out of there.

They are at least two rounds ahead of the players in terms of movement and will most likely need to be tracked by scent.

The guy on the roof... well... he might not be so lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I just wanted to let everybody know that as of now I am withdrawing from WoD:A. I've not posted much in the past few months and I've read even less. At this point I'm too far behind and too far detached from my PC to continue. I'm sorry if this impacts any of your PCs but feel free to keep Antoine around as an NPC, I won't mind.

Everything Jess said.

Keep in mind that WoD:A PCs are not deleted due to inactivity. We've already had a few players get caught up in RL and later, when everything was normal again, return asking if they can get their PC rolling again and come back to Wod:A. Of course the answer is 'yes'.

Antoine will be here when/if you decide to return.

~D

I'd like to take the time to thank two very important and special people. They've been a big help to both myself and Vivi, as well as all of you who (hopefully) enjoy the WoD:A Universe. Their efforts have been constantly focused on keeping WoD:A not only fun, but fair and pleasant.

So everyone, please help me in thanking Jess & Dawn for all they've done, and continue to do for us here in WoD:A.

We certainly do appreciate it.

Archived