World of Darkness: Attrition - Official OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, so I've been reading the stories here for the past few days and dispite my vocal distaste for most things White Wolf creates I really like what I am reading. I have been inspired to come up with my own character concept. Its still in the really rough stages but I am thinking an Obrimos mage of either the mysterium or adamantine arrow (not sure which yet). He's a former street kid who turnied his life around after he awakened. He is in LA attending university as a cover for his real mission to uncover a lost library of secret lore. It has been missing for ages, supposedly has great magical knowledge from another age hidden in it and is rumored to be hidden in the greater los angeles area somewhere.

I apollogise in advance for the state of this post but I'm making it from my phone while at work...

Cool, sounds like a plot idea that could a lot of the other players as well, which is something I'm always looking for: 'epic quests'.

Throw together a PC and a background and submit it to Vivi, Owns-The-Night and myself and we'll take a look. Just do me one solid if you could:

Read the rules first.

They can be found here: http://www.rpgpost.com/topic/7367-rules-for-world-of-darkness-attrition/

• 2 weeks later...

Nevermind, I was told that my underlying assumption in this post was false. So I'm fixing it. :)

I am looking to bring Triessa back in. My first thought was to have had her fall prey to something bad while checking out the local Concilium. That is not going to work.

So I'll brainstorm a bit.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nevermind, I was told that my underlying assumption in this post was false. So I'm fixing it. :)

I am looking to bring Triessa back in. My first thought was to have had her fall prey to something bad while checking out the local Concilium. That is not going to work.

So I'll brainstorm a bit.

Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, a number of the starting mages in WoDA had missing people in their backstories. Wakiki and Aradia are soon going to be checking out a source of disappearances: a local club. Interested?

Hey guys, Jordan here. So I've been thinking about my character and the game and the discussion on diversity and ultimately I have to agree with Vivi and other that the disparity between Mages and the other supernaturals is too big. Right now if memory serves we are at 5+ Mages, 3 Shapeshifters, A Vampire, a Changeling, A Geist and a Mortal.

Now herein lies my problem. Ny second pick would be a changing Breed (most likely either an Azubuike or Baitu) but that starts to create a similar problem with the Mages... So that leaves Vampires, Changelings, Geist and Mortals, none of which I particularly find desirable to play...

To that end I am going to make on of the Changing Breed. the current idea is an Azubuike; a Were-Rhino who is attending UCLA on a football scholarship. if the mod find the Were-Rhino distasteful I will switch to an alternate concept of Were-Hare, but I don't have a solid character concept for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The invitations for the Ventrue event for the next leg of Swara's epic quest of epicy epicness I intentionally left vague and 'open ended'. Honestly I'd like for everyone who is interested to be involved and despite PCs lack of love for each other (at the moment) work together at the party.

Let's face it, just because August and Swara don't like each other I see no reason to exclude August from anything that goes on. On that nore though I'd like to wait some time to see if Declan comes back and can find some time to post.

Dropping this suggestion of mine in from chat so that it is preserved for comments and observation:

[Jeremy] 9:26 pm: My suggestion is that we start with Swara and Sarah going to Gary - and then he'll end
up saying, yes he'll go, but though he has a thing for Swara... he's not an anime caricature and and a living
human being, so either they play the dating game or not.
[Lobby]: Abyss Phantasia has left at 9:26 pm
[Jeremy] 9:27 pm: Also, that they invite Dec and August, and try to make amends, using the money they'd
give to him instead to buy August a nice evening dress... and more outfits.

Sounds more or less reasonable. Problem is, the issue between Swara/Sarah and Dec/August isn't reasonable. From Dec and August's point of view, Swara and Sarah are "moon crazy" and likely homicidal. From Swara and Sarah's point of view, Dec and August are "oath problems" with hair-trigger tempers. So unless Gary pulls a, "sure you can have my help, but only if August and Dec come along" (forcing Swara's hand since she needs this), I have a hard time seeing an invite happening that doesn't look like a kludge.

Sarah has a point about it being sort of 'forced', however, like she said, Swara needs Gary (and to some extent August too) so Gary could set the terms 'Dec and August come with me'. This doesn't mean any large peace treaties are in the mix, but it would force people who have a problem with each other into a pickle where they have to work together (which honestly, I love that sort of dichotomy).

I want all the players involved in this at some point, I think it's a valuable part of Swara's story to, at some point, find herself relying on people she never thought she'd have to. The Werewolf powers make her feel invincible and all kinds of awesome.

I was holding out for Peter's return for just this reason, so Declan and August could come and be a part of the insanity. Once he get his footing back a schedule down for his posting we can all discuss it. In the mean time, if you wanna do the Gary/Swara fic where she begs him to help her in exchange for letting him cop a feel or something, I'm down for it. :P

Sarah has a point about it being sort of 'forced', however, like she said, Swara needs Gary (and to some extent August too) so Gary could set the terms 'Dec and August come with me'. This doesn't mean any large peace treaties are in the mix, but it would force people who have a problem with each other into a pickle where they have to work together (which honestly, I love that sort of dichotomy).

I want all the players involved in this at some point, I think it's a valuable part of Swara's story to, at some point, find herself relying on people she never thought she'd have to. The Werewolf powers make her feel invincible and all kinds of awesome.

I was holding out for Peter's return for just this reason, so Declan and August could come and be a part of the insanity. Once he get his footing back a schedule down for his posting we can all discuss it. In the mean time, if you wanna do the Gary/Swara fic where she begs him to help her in exchange for letting him cop a feel or something, I'm down for it. :P

Sure. Let's get it on. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WoDA has always been a flux-and-flow affair. Sometimes, it gets down to a few people; at other times, a bunch more pile in for a while. I suspect that once the current fic is done and the invites can be distributed, there may be more turnout for the "vampire party". I'll poke at Sarah and see if I can prod her to swallow her pride and try going to Declan and August in a parallel fic to the one currently under way (and will poke Dawn and Peter off-site and see if they're willing to participate).

Archived