World of Darkness: Attrition - Official OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm working up some fluff for Jeremy... but basically, the Club is non-canon now, unless LA Amphora just exists anyway. Without Jeremy though. This guy is a con-artist and mixture of trickster and Den-Warder. laugh

Which reminds me. Does Dec go after that sort of criminal?

Yeah, Jeremy tends to focus on some monte cards, some judicious use of Pearl of Great Price, etc. Those people who come to and fall for those things tend to not include children or the elderly or the unfortunate, and to quote Rat from Pearls before Swine:

"Because you're dumb. And vain. And those two qualities make it impossible for you to recognize a fraudulent scam when you see one."

Those people tend to deserve it anyway. laugh

Arr...she's shaping up to be a kind of 'eco-warrior' type right now. Committed to encouraging harmonious relationships between humankind and natural ecologies...by fair means, or otherwise.

Because of this, she's more inclined to interact with civilization than a lot of her Path. She's also a bit more tech-savvy, at least as far as 'green' technologies go, as well as the worst-offending industrial technologies that despoil ecosystems.

Sort of like, she couldn't tell you how a microprocessor works, but she could explain how the process of making one is hugely inefficient in terms of energy loss, and results in heavy metal and toxic compound wastes that there's presently no good long-term storage strategy for. And so on. smile

Acanthus looks FUN though. I came very close to making one.

The bible says 50 exp which I think is fine, people can always choose to spend fewer than that to start if they like.

It also says 2 characters per player, not sure how I feel about that right out of the gate, but so long as I don't have to play two and people can keep up with what they commit to it really doesn't bother me.

I see no reason to remove 2PCs/Player at the moment. No one is obligated, by any means, to make and play two PCs. If you want only one character than please, just stick to one character.

Personally, I'd like to remake both Lucien and Swara-Ann. Each PC has requires a certain mindset and I like knowing that if I'm sort of humdrum in one mindset I can fall back and still post with a different PC.

Swara-Ann I may need some help with, sive I plan on making her a true clueless ditz. I might need some opinions on how to create a flaw that will make her air-head clueless without making her so stupid that she wouldn't be able to function at a college level.

Lucien will just be Lucien... rich, good looking and have his marvelous package displayed on billboards all across Los Angeles.

Well, he have players showing a commitment to this, all we need are PCs and to ask Chosen to reinstate the forum. I'll be working on my PCs when I have the chance and I know a few others are still working on getting theirs set up. Once we have a few people actually ready and prepared, I'll get with Cho-Cho and get the ball rolling.

Oh an a related question... I'd actually like to keep some of Sam's fics "on the record" as additional background if that is ok. I'm not looking for exp here but they provide me with some good detail about where she was at 2 years ago and how that has impacted her since (i.e. changes to her sheet).

Would that be ok? In cases where a story includes another active player I will clear it with them first of course, but with Adrian's player seemingly long gone I figure that's tacit approval.

Might a Promethean character be acceptable? I've only leafed through the book, but I have a vague idea for a character. If not, I'll just make something else. I'm not committed to the idea in the least at this point.

Quote:
Is the Bible still accurate about submissions? Dave, Vivi, Dec, and Sarah?

Also I'm planning on rebooting Sam I think, she was morality 5, I still have my original rolls for degeneration (or whatever its called) do I need to re-roll or use those?

Just me, Dec, and Vivi.

There's no need to re-roll the derangements, you can just use the ones you originally had. I don't see an issue there.

Quote:
Oh an a related question... I'd actually like to keep some of Sam's fics "on the record" as additional background if that is ok. I'm not looking for exp here but they provide me with some good detail about where she was at 2 years ago and how that has impacted her since (i.e. changes to her sheet).

Would that be ok? In cases where a story includes another active player I will clear it with them first of course, but with Adrian's player seemingly long gone I figure that's tacit approval.

That's fine providing no other PC has a cameo in it. That goes for everyone else too: if you'd like to re-use a background fiction feel free, just please make sure that no other PC is present or NPCs whom you no longer have ties too. smile

Originally Posted By: Wyrd
Might a Promethean character be acceptable? I've only leafed through the book, but I have a vague idea for a character. If not, I'll just make something else. I'm not committed to the idea in the least at this point.

Nope.

At the moment we have a list of what is permitted. If it's not on the list, well... you get the idea.

People are permitted to have two PCs in play however, so if your heart is set on a Promethean then simply keep one 'slot' open for when they become permitted (if they ever get permitted, I've not researched them enough).

Quote:
There's no need to re-roll the derangements, you can just use the ones you originally had. I don't see an issue there.

I'll include the original rolls in a spoiler when I submit, for record keeping purposes.

Quote:
That's fine providing no other PC has a cameo in it. That goes for everyone else too: if you'd like to re-use a background fiction feel free, just please make sure that no other PC is present or NPCs whom you no longer have ties too.

Adrian's former PC figures into most of them, since he's not here to ask one way or the other I was planning to treat his PC as a background NPC, but will not be actively using him moving forward. The fics served as Sam's introduction to the supernatural world and will do so again, or at least that was my logic.

I'd like to keep the investigation into the murder of several children as part of Oneca's back story, but I'm fine with editing out any characters that wouldn't have been involved due to rewrite or player preference. Is that alright?

As for characters that are being kept:

Lucien, are you still up for knowing Oneca and keeping at least the basic interpersonal knowledge of the old fics intact?

Ditto Owns-The-Knight and anyone else I forgot. I'm doped up on painkillers at the moment from doing something stupid at the gym, so I am probably forgetting people. Just let me know.

Archived