World of Darkness: Attrition - Official OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had set it in my head (and I think I said so in chat) for this Friday, Aug 6.

Originally Posted By: Jeremy Noctis

Remind me why I try to play 'socially strong' characters? With this faux pas record (across multiple games), I think I should do some other kind of guy.

There's nothing wrong with Jer. Honestly, the one thing you forgot when you made him was that he's a con man. Unless someone's a thief or someone who admires that kind of person, they're going to react negatively to someone who's profession is stealing from them. If Jer were to use his powers for good, like the folks in Leverage, he could have a Robin Hood persona. Hell, you could still change that so he only robs from rich assholes, not anyone with the money to 'spare'. He'd have a lot more friends.

Originally Posted By: Sam Spaid
Also, there's nothing to be ashamed of in him being gay. wink

Heee!

I totally typed the above before reading the posts in Boogie that started this. I just wanted to add: there are different kinds of social. Just because Jer knows how to lie and smooth-talk doesn't mean he knows how to stop sounding like he's selling people a line. Someone like Dec is going to read into that, and since he doesn't have 'feral-senses' he went to the next conclusion: that Jer wanted sex from him. When you're hot like Dec, I imagine you get more than one submissive gay man looking for some rough. wink

August's right, Jer. There's different types of Social. All Dec's instinct and reason picked up on was that Jer wanted to get him alone and away from people.

Now either he looks rich enough to be worth the effort it'd take to mug him (which he ain't) or Jer's cruising for some rough. Dec's not at the party expecting to bump into the whole spooky world.

Now before I retort in Boogie, I need to ask something very pertinent:

Is Jeremy moving to block Dec's path? Because that's kind of how it reads...

Quote:
"You get points for workin' fast, pal. But I ain't that way inclined, and I got no idea why you'd think I was."

Actually I thought the assumption was spot on... I mean, what kind of a straight guy wears a wolf-head belt buckle. Seriously

grin

Originally Posted By: August Turner
The way this conversation had gone made her bold. “Your turn. Why are you single? You’re hot, you are an animal, you have a personality which is important to most girls – so why haven’t you found that one and only?”

Is it me or did August just answer her own question there?

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
Quote:
"You get points for workin' fast, pal. But I ain't that way inclined, and I got no idea why you'd think I was."

Actually I thought the assumption was spot on... I mean, what kind of a straight guy wears a wolf-head belt buckle. Seriously

grin

It wasn't a wolf's head. ass

I shall now snicker in a smug fashion at your colossally unimportant mistake. And maybe refer to it in future posts.

I've come to a decision.

You can exit Jeremy from the scene fast away, I'm done. It's more than just this scene with Dec. I'm just not feeling like I can hack it with Jer.

Interpret it however you want, I don't care. And I don't have any other concepts planned for WoDA... sorry folks.

Originally Posted By: Sarah O'Neally

Yes, I think I'd like a reboot. And yeah, I'd like to do Sarah again, though maybe a Sarah who is a little more... oh, lets say calm. I still have the log of her reboot creation, and with refurbishing of her background story (there's no Amber, and that's gonna change how she came to be as she is), it's a workable character.

I'd rejoin, too - if you still want that connection with Shane? I wouldn't be much interested beyond that so if you do Sarah again, I'd reactivate Shane and if adjustments need to be made let me know. Otherwise I wouldn't rejoin which isn't meant to be some kind of threat or anything. Just trying to say that I'd like to play Shane again but no other Character in WoDA and also only if Sarah is available.

Originally Posted By: Joani
Originally Posted By: Sarah O'Neally

Yes, I think I'd like a reboot. And yeah, I'd like to do Sarah again, though maybe a Sarah who is a little more... oh, lets say calm. I still have the log of her reboot creation, and with refurbishing of her background story (there's no Amber, and that's gonna change how she came to be as she is), it's a workable character.

I'd rejoin, too - if you still want that connection with Shane? I wouldn't be much interested beyond that so if you do Sarah again, I'd reactivate Shane and if adjustments need to be made let me know. Otherwise I wouldn't rejoin which isn't meant to be some kind of threat or anything. Just trying to say that I'd like to play Shane again but no other Character in WoDA and also only if Sarah is available.

If you want to do Shane again, that would completely rock. The background up to the point of Shane leaving at age eight is still the same for Sarah, so you can do him up however you want. smile

That's correct - but shouldn't there still be an "original" post in the forum or was it deleted? I unfortunately can't remember if I posted a profile in the first place. Since Nothing changed from back then to now I assume the PC is still approved. I shall post my profile then again - I just want to prevent cluttering the forum with unnecessary garbage, just in case I overlooked my original post.

Actually, it needs to be submitted as a PM to Me, Owns-the-Night, and Dave ST. Once everything's got the green light, then the profile gets posted to the public. I apologize for any confusion, but we've got to keep the requirements the same for everyone. :)

Someone help me out here for a second as my knowledge of the rules is a bit fuzzy on this particular subject.

In Boot Scootin' Boogie Sarah fed from Romeo, which is no big deal, it happens. The questions comes where Sarah sent Romeo back to the party like a zombie...

I know The Kiss is euphoric and prevents the victim from struggling. That it fills them with a sensation not unlike a persistent orgasm while the vampire feeds. What I can not seem to locate is anywhere where it wipes the victims memory of the event or allows the vamp to send them meandering off. I'm not trying to imply that Sarah's player has done anything wrong. Romeo turned his back, Sarah attacked, yum-yum ensued. It's all good. When I read Sarah's post however it got the gears in my head turning and I got to wondering how exactly the Kiss does affect the mind, both pre and post feeding. Even if Romeo doesn't remember The Kiss, wouldn't he remember Sarah attacking him since it came before the Kiss?

Anyways, if people have some insight to offer feel free, just keep it sweet and nice. Like I said, no one is getting called out here, everything went down rather fairly. I'm just curious of the after effects in Romeo's case.

As I understand it, it wouldn't affect Romeo's memory of what happened before the bite. He'd remember brushing her off, turning his back, and then she grabbed him and...

whoa...far out duuuuuuuuude...

And the next thing he knows he's getting pushed forward and told to go back to the party as his head clears. Sarah was kind of lucky he turned his back, cuz if he'd seen her going fangy, he wouldn't have forgotten...but you never really feel the bite, as I understand it. Of course, he has every reason to think something's very amiss, since guys don't typically bliss out from getting grabbed from behind. But he wouldn't think, "Hey, she grabbed me, bit me, and then I went all wooooooozy..."

When I was talking about it with Romeo's player, the general conclusion was pretty much as Smax outlined it. Romeo's not tanked or high, so he's unlikely to pass off the weirdness as normal party stuff. Once the whoaaaa effect wears off (a minute or two) he is going to be wondering what the hell just happened.

August and Lucien, have you guys decided whether or not the "Stopping By" fic is before or after the party? I was considering bringing Aradia into the fic, but I don't know whether she's met Lucien or not at this point, or whether you two would prefer to keep it a private fic. Let me know what you think, hm?

I'd been figuring it was after, just because August probably won't be so hot to trot for Lucien now that she knows he's as nutty as Bruce Wayne, only without the heroic Batman stuff. ;) At least, until she figures out that Lucien is right and then she might want a go on his Wand of Power again. ;)

I don't mind you hopping in, if Lucien doesn't; I figured Oneca would be joining us at some point. :)

When I was talking about it with Romeo's player, the general conclusion was pretty much as Smax outlined it. Romeo's not tanked or high, so he's unlikely to pass off the weirdness as normal party stuff. Once the whoaaaa effect wears off (a minute or two) he is going to be wondering what the hell just happened.

Agreed; I read the Core Vampire book again and that seems to be the way it goes. He won't know what happened, but that something did. So the people out there need to stop talking about suck-heads and such until they're sure he's gone. :D

I'm with August & OTN on this one. Everything up to being grabbed should be fairly clear. What she said to him, also clear. And if he'd seen the fangs, if she hadn't come at him from behind, there'd be that too. But as for the actual act, the memory wouldn't be of a feeling of being bitten, but more of, "Holy shit I didn't think a kiss on my neck could ever feel like that!" The bit of shoving him back toward the party was with the intent of him doing so while still in the "afterglow". She does not plan to stick around and have a nice argument about supernatural habits with Jeremy right there and then; next post will have her moving further off from the party into the gloom, whether Jeremy & Swara-Ann follow or not.

So, long story short for Romeo's memory: was chatted up by odd girl at the edge of the party, turned her down hard, was grabbed by her, given one helluva kiss in what must have been the most sensitive spot on the neck ever, then shoved back at the party feeling kinda weak in the knees. Wierd, yes. Off-putting, probably. "OMG it's a vampire," no.

lol...yes, if mentioning the 'v-word' in connection with these events, in any connotation, could be said to be -controlling- damage, rather than adding immeasurably to it. :)

So far, there was no reasn for Romeo to in any way think Sarah was connected in any way with vampires. And now there is. :)

I giggle.

The explanation is a little weak, yes.... but on the whole, the discussion in chat makes me feel like Romeo/Forge is metagaming. If this is going to happen: [Forge] 9:33 am: romeo fully believed he was drugged and will be calling 911 shortly to report assault

- then he's going to have only his explanation with no wounds, when a girl apparently grabbed and kissed him from behind. And the 'orgasmic feeling'? That just adds on to the credibility... the police are going to love having their time wasted.

Archived