World of Darkness: Attrition - Official OOC Thread

Dave ST

26-banner-1367402732.jpg

The time is present-day, and the place is Los Angeles, California. There is an ongoing supernatural war being waged over the state, resulting in an upsurge of paranormal activity. There is no central leadership in Los Angeles - no Prince, no Hierarch, no seasonal King - as the city is, along with the state, in effective chaos.

Ruleset: nWoD, but open to house rule modification.

PbP Mode: Open-World Moderated. Players are responsible for their own stories, plots and content, under Moderation to prevent cheezmode. From time to time plots will be arranged and organised by the Mods or other players for PCs to participate in.

First Rule: Don't be a dick to other players. Dicks get kicked. We're all here to have pretendy-fun-time-games. Obviously, if your character is a dick, that's on him/her - good luck finding friends!

This is the Official OOC Thread.

You know how it works.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wherever they want. :P

You could just do a real estate search, find a house that's within her family's Resources, and say that's her address.

Just remember, she can't actually benefit from her parents. Anything that belongs to her, specifically (like a car), has to come from her own pockets as far as mechanics are concerned (e.g. you can't have her own anything that isn't within her own Resources rating.)

Also, if possible, I'd like to wrap up the party fic by Sunday evening. That'll be a little over a week, and should give everyone plenty of time to either break off into their own fictions or make plans for other interactions later on. smile

Just something like this, unless you want to do more. It's basically the same as the Non-Combatants in the NWoD core book. Just give their name, a bit about them (if they are involved with your character somehow, you should also note what their relationship is), and list their skill pools.

Joe Turner: Joe has been a clock maker for the last four decades. He and his sons design and manufacture clocks in a shop called "Turners' Timepieces." Each piece is crafted by hand, and he often has numerous side projects littering the workshop adjacent to his house. According to local gossips, he was quite the rogue in his youth. These days, however, he is a man of moderate means and temperament, and he avoids controversy and conversations about religion and politics like the bubonic plague. In fact, the only thing unusual about the elder Turner is his curious habit of referring to himself in the third-person.

Woodworking: 5

Lockpicking: 5

Sleight of Hand: 4

Originally Posted By: Vivi OOC
CELEBRITY GOSSIP FLASH - Earlier today, wealthy UCLA playboy and Calvin Klein model, Lucien "Banana Hammock" Hunt made quite the boo-boo in looking for some boom-boom on a California web forum.

That number, guys and dolls, is 486-8769 (that's "HUNT ROX" for you digit divas). Don't worry! We've been assured by our legal staff that this information became public domain as soon as it was made... Well, public! Get those desperate voice mails in now, because you can bet your Blahniks that number will be history PDQ.

LOL! Even I am not immune to flubs!

Nice work sweetie, you got me!

yourock

We had a slight boo-boo with the "Parlor" fic, which resulted in one of the major PCs being sidelined for about a week... effectively altering the existing fic timeline for everyone who'd posted fics involving said PC that happened afterward. Too many fictions that depended on the outcome of this one were clustered together, but several suggestions have been made to help avoid this in the future.

The timeline has been altered accordingly, with the cooperation of the players involved, so that all such events have been pushed forward one week.

If anyone's got any questions, or needs something changed or explained, please let me know, so that I can fix it. smile

Notice to students and faculty of UCLA!

Classes officially begin on Sept. 25th, according to the UCLA website. That mistake was mine, and any conflicts that arise as a result can be explained as early sessions or extra credit work assigned by the professor in question. If that doesn't work for you, let me know, and I'll try to help you arrange something else.

'pparently, West Hollywood has the largest Halloween Street Party in the world.

I know it's a couple months away, but that would be more awesomeness than a clan of Kung Fu Pandas if we could arrange a group party fic for it. laugh Snaps to Vienne for bringing that to my attention (as well as telling me about American Halloween hi-jinks. Brits have boring Halloween's frown

Brisingr Midnight Release Party

Join us for an evening of Dragon Lore & More as we await the release of Christopher Paolini's Brisingr.

Special Event

September 19, 2008 10:00 PM

http://www.borders.com/online/store/StoreDetailView_102 Borders West Hollywood Mon-Sun 10am-10pm.

Site has a street map, photo of the building and events at the bottom of the page.

• 3 weeks later...

Just so I'm clear, in Crying Havoc there is now 2 Vampires, one with Feral Claws, and three Werewolves 2 in Urshal, 1 still in Hishu all standing in the middle of the street fighting this guy and his goons?

It makes no reference to him going anywhere private before the fight breaks out, just that he's walking down the street to his car.

Not a big deal thanks to Vamps not being very photogenic, and Werewolves getting all that Lunacy haze...

Yup; on the sidewalks in front of crappy appartment building. With gunfire, no less. My understanding is that they're going to try to herd/shove/throw/whatever the Big Bad into the alley, and I know that Sarah's going to be dragging hers there as well in a sec, but yeah: it's not a good thing. At all.

It does, however, help that the Werewolves are making people bug the fuck out with the "that didn't happen it had to be something else oh sweet god it was something else" field. Still, we should have sirens in a few minutes, even in this shitty neighborhood.

But...I thought the whole point of us stalking him was that we waited until he was in an alley out of sight.

*sigh*

I'm so confused.

I guess it would be stupid to retcon now though, even though I'm pretty sure I would have done it differently if I'd realized how exposed it all is.

Beh.

The bad guy is in an alley, just not very far in; in the post where Dec confronts him, he says they're in the mouth of the alley. Which I took to mean they're just inside of it. Now, the two vampires are on the street, though one is shooting and the second has just gotten off the street with her supernatural woogy. It's also been six seconds or so; normals are just starting to realize that something unnatural is up.

I'm sorry for being Devil's Advocate and all around asshole, but:

Each First-Aid roll is one minute of work (20 turns). Checking for a pulse is simple enough that it can be done quicker. But actually applying First-Aid, to stabilize someone's condition is one minute.

You're night keeps getting better, doesn't it?

Dave,

It doesn't take 20 minutes to put an emergency tourniquet on someone's leg. If it did, there wouldn't be such a gadget, because people will bleed out.

Also, from the core WoD book under Medicine:

"Each roll represents one minute of work (first aid) or one hour of work (long-term hospital treatment)."

Then farther down in that section:

"Alternatively, a patient who's bleeding to death or in a coma is stabilized if one success is achieved on the roll. (The loss of Health points to aggravated damage each minute is stopped, see "Incapacitation," p. 173)."

Sarah's not healing wound levels; she's just stopping the bastard from bleeding out until his own regenerative abilities kick in (which happens in 15 minutes or so). She's going to be by his side that whole time (in the car, as it'll take at least that long to get to Declan's).

You can safely assume that Sarah's efforts are continuing in the car (which they are, as indicated in Amber's post, and which I was planning to handle cinematically so that I'm not posting mechanical rolls every damned minute). But the initial "better stop him from bleeding out" post is the only thing that makes sense.

So unless you want to have the car go careening into a lightpost or something, I think that the stabilization thing can stand.

- Jess

Ah.... that was a mis-read on my part; I did indeed read "20 rounds" as "20 minutes" for some damnable reason. Mea culpa.

Mind you, that mindset may be because I'd pretty much figured that we'd dropped out of combat rounds at this point, and were proceeding in a cinematic format. 15 minutes to regenerate, 1 level of agg degeneration per minute, etc... my mind was in minute mode. blush

That'll teach me for trying to think on two hours' sleep. crazy

Regarding Wild Times:

Seeing as there's been a lack of activity, I'm considering just closing the thread rather than have it flapping around loose and making folks uncomfortable. wink However, if there is sufficient interest, and various people just need time to whip up their salmon mousse for the party, I'll leave it open.

Understand this is not a nagging post, nor a guilt-trip. There's no point beating a horse once it's dead. I'm just curious as to whether a majority even want the party to be rp'd out, or if we'd rather have it off-camera and move on.

If people want the fic to continue, just jump it to when you arrive and take liberties. It's pretty much anyone's game to play in there. laugh

Archived