Aberrant: In the Beginning - House Rules- (Suggestion Box)

Titan

Quote:
Eufiber - Buendia not selling it yet. Cannot obtain with Resources. Use Ally, Contact, Mentor, or Backing.

Some of the characters got Eufiber as a result of asking about/for it IC during that two weeks of testing and study at Aeon. Will they be allowed to keep it if they already have it?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I've always wanted to jump into this game (as I've told Sky in the past) but found I couldn't due to issues of both moving And the fact that Yawl are such awsome and Intimidatingly <is that a word?> great writers that I felt I'd never be able to give this game it's due credit! And for that reason I can hardly believe that any of you would go as far a that flying golden turkey dinner (gobble gobble) did in the 2019 game...

(I kid Wakinyan, I kid :))

I just don't see any of you running amuck over other players with your Mega-Physicals, Mega-socials, nor you a High QR... esspecially with Max in charge, Yawl care too much fer the Game And are to good for that!

Otherwise you'd be playing Rifts instead-LOL

As to increasing your QR's, I love the Idea of having power pre-reqs & minimums for getting there as this both makes game sence in that its a reasonable solution AND it fits/play inline with the overall Feel/theme of Aberrant and power progress...

Part of the fun of the game is the feeling of success and satisfaction one gets from finally reaching that Q6 plateau, as this is when you finally go from being a rooky with your powers, to being in total control over your abilitys!

Just the same, may I suggest a lil something that I tried in the only Abby game I got to ST before I moved?

The consept about gaining a higher QR than 5 is that it took soooo many years before Nova's got there in canon, and ever more years to get to subsequent higher Q-Ratings. The best answere to this (and one that will make the most sence, be fairest to everyone, and be the most realistic approach[) would/may be to simply Increase the cost multiplier to reach the next level!

Why just Adding an ever increasing +2 to the Xs'8' multiple needed for getting to QR 6 would Greatly increase the time needed till one gets there (and play in line with the fact that Divis is no longer present and Pushing the Quantum field around the earth higher. With this simple, fast, fair for all, and easy to remember/learn system, the whole issue of High QR's could be answered and the costs would look alil like this [QR6=50XP, 7=72XP, 8=98XP, 9=128 and 10=162XP] The total XP cost to get from QR5 to QR 10 would be 510Total XP! (if my math is correct).

And you can adjust the multiple in Any manor you like/choose...

Just a thought from an outside observer who'd likes your guys writting but would like to see (in 3-5 years) what some of you may do with a higher QR.

Either way <yeah or Neh> I love the story/game thus far and can't wait fer it to get going again and wished I coulda seen where players like Cottus Centimane would end-up(I loved Cybergen as well and realized right away that he'd turned into a Tinman-that was kewl). I'm sure Max and you guys will come up with something that fits. Tootles

PS-Thanks Sky fer the referance to Mega-Willpower, some of the stuff looks alittle powerful, but the rest reminds me of Batman and his only power (SuperHuman Will power), very nice. And the new T.O. pic looks great smile

• 2 weeks later...

Archived