Jump to content

Aberrant: No Fate - Chapter 3: Deja Vu


Joani
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sean frowned, "Who?" The name sounded familiar, but he just couldn't place it. It was almost as if he could see a face out of the corner of his minds eye, but when he tried to focus on it there was nothing there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean frowned, "Who?" The name sounded familiar, but he just couldn't place it. It was almost as if he could see a face out of the corner of his minds eye, but when he tried to focus on it there was nothing there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With a shaking hand, Keiko holds her digital recorder to her mouth and says, "Whatever's happening, it's definitely strongest on the twentieth floor. So strong, I don't know if I can go back...or what'll happen if I do. It seems impossible that no one else can feel this...it's almost like two different...time things...are touching each other. Or will be. Or...or something."

She takes a deep breath to steady her voice. "This omega thing or Proteus plot obviously has some nova or special equipment on the twentieth floor. I may be the only one who can find the truth. Whatever this is, it could be a danger to the whole city...maybe even the whole world!"

Keiko looks around to make sure she's unobserved, then whispers, "Just in case I don't make it, I'm leaving this recorder behind. Remember...Four Seasons hotel in New York City. Twentieth Floor. I'll fill you in with the details when I recover this. If I can."

She looks around, then buries the lighter-sized device in the loose dirt caked inside a shallow, but broad pot in the corner from which grows a large, broad leafed plant of some kind. Satisfied that it should be very hard to find unless one knows where to look, Keiko takes a quick shot of the plant with her cellphone camera...just in case she's brainwashed or loses her memory and needs a clue to find it again. You never knew.

Then she gets back in the elevator, grits her teeth, and hits the '20' button.

(as she gets to floor 20, I'd like her to try to use her abilities to "compensate" for the effect, perhaps aligning her with one time frame or the other, if necessary and possible. No idea how it would work, or even if it'd work, so I leave it to you. smile )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With a shaking hand, Keiko holds her digital recorder to her mouth and says, "Whatever's happening, it's definitely strongest on the twentieth floor. So strong, I don't know if I can go back...or what'll happen if I do. It seems impossible that no one else can feel this...it's almost like two different...time things...are touching each other. Or will be. Or...or something."

She takes a deep breath to steady her voice. "This omega thing or Proteus plot obviously has some nova or special equipment on the twentieth floor. I may be the only one who can find the truth. Whatever this is, it could be a danger to the whole city...maybe even the whole world!"

Keiko looks around to make sure she's unobserved, then whispers, "Just in case I don't make it, I'm leaving this recorder behind. Remember...Four Seasons hotel in New York City. Twentieth Floor. I'll fill you in with the details when I recover this. If I can."

She looks around, then buries the lighter-sized device in the loose dirt caked inside a shallow, but broad pot in the corner from which grows a large, broad leafed plant of some kind. Satisfied that it should be very hard to find unless one knows where to look, Keiko takes a quick shot of the plant with her cellphone camera...just in case she's brainwashed or loses her memory and needs a clue to find it again. You never knew.

Then she gets back in the elevator, grits her teeth, and hits the '20' button.

(as she gets to floor 20, I'd like her to try to use her abilities to "compensate" for the effect, perhaps aligning her with one time frame or the other, if necessary and possible. No idea how it would work, or even if it'd work, so I leave it to you. smile )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax

She looks around, then buries the lighter-sized device in the loose dirt caked inside a shallow, but broad pot in the corner from which grows a large, broad leafed plant of some kind. Satisfied that it should be very hard to find unless one knows where to look, Keiko takes a quick shot of the plant with her cellphone camera...just in case she's brainwashed or loses her memory and needs a clue to find it again. You never knew.

Then she gets back in the elevator, grits her teeth, and hits the '20' button.

(as she gets to floor 20, I'd like her to try to use her abilities to "compensate" for the effect, perhaps aligning her with one time frame or the other, if necessary and possible. No idea how it would work, or even if it'd work, so I leave it to you. smile )


The distortion washed over Keiko almost stunning her senses. Hadn't she be prepared she would have thrown up because of nausea and maybe even worse. As she concentrated on the distortion she slowly seperated the two diverging timelines but had to move very carefully to maintain that concentration. Through her right eye she saw the "original", her own timeline, through her left eye she could see the distortion. Suddenly she felt someone walk past through her. A young woman in a business suit. She was from the distortion and walked down the corridor to the next junction. She had to hurry if she wanted to find out where the woman went.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax

She looks around, then buries the lighter-sized device in the loose dirt caked inside a shallow, but broad pot in the corner from which grows a large, broad leafed plant of some kind. Satisfied that it should be very hard to find unless one knows where to look, Keiko takes a quick shot of the plant with her cellphone camera...just in case she's brainwashed or loses her memory and needs a clue to find it again. You never knew.

Then she gets back in the elevator, grits her teeth, and hits the '20' button.

(as she gets to floor 20, I'd like her to try to use her abilities to "compensate" for the effect, perhaps aligning her with one time frame or the other, if necessary and possible. No idea how it would work, or even if it'd work, so I leave it to you. smile )


The distortion washed over Keiko almost stunning her senses. Hadn't she be prepared she would have thrown up because of nausea and maybe even worse. As she concentrated on the distortion she slowly seperated the two diverging timelines but had to move very carefully to maintain that concentration. Through her right eye she saw the "original", her own timeline, through her left eye she could see the distortion. Suddenly she felt someone walk past through her. A young woman in a business suit. She was from the distortion and walked down the corridor to the next junction. She had to hurry if she wanted to find out where the woman went.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was like walking a tightrope in a blizzard. Only not cold. And...not hard to see in. And there was a floor. But otherwise it was -just like that-. Keiko was rather proud of the image.

"Someone just passed...she's only in the other line," Keiko grits, heedless of who sees the crazy Japanese girl staggering forward and muttering to herself. "Girl in a suit, girl in a suit. Gotta remember a girl in a suit. Tightrope in a blizzard, girl in a suit."

Working hard to keep the distortion from paralyzing her, Keiko hobbles forward as fast as she can to keep the woman in sight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was like walking a tightrope in a blizzard. Only not cold. And...not hard to see in. And there was a floor. But otherwise it was -just like that-. Keiko was rather proud of the image.

"Someone just passed...she's only in the other line," Keiko grits, heedless of who sees the crazy Japanese girl staggering forward and muttering to herself. "Girl in a suit, girl in a suit. Gotta remember a girl in a suit. Tightrope in a blizzard, girl in a suit."

Working hard to keep the distortion from paralyzing her, Keiko hobbles forward as fast as she can to keep the woman in sight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Cherub
"Speaking of 'odd', does anyone else feel... well... off?"


"To be honest, and I don't want to alarm you guys, but I really need some blood to drink." Nosferatu said to the the others. "Not want, but need. It is as if my body needs it to live." He looked both conused and joyed by the revelation. "How does that happen overnight?"

Originally Posted By: Cherub
"Yeah, deja-vu is it. Shouldn't Grey Goo be here?"


Where is she? She was the other Terat and part of their team.

"She should be here. She infiltrated the Teragen with me." Nosferatu looked around the room to make sure she was not there. "Maybe something came up." It was not like an Omega agent to be late to a meeting.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Cherub
"Speaking of 'odd', does anyone else feel... well... off?"


"To be honest, and I don't want to alarm you guys, but I really need some blood to drink." Nosferatu said to the the others. "Not want, but need. It is as if my body needs it to live." He looked both conused and joyed by the revelation. "How does that happen overnight?"

Originally Posted By: Cherub
"Yeah, deja-vu is it. Shouldn't Grey Goo be here?"


Where is she? She was the other Terat and part of their team.

"She should be here. She infiltrated the Teragen with me." Nosferatu looked around the room to make sure she was not there. "Maybe something came up." It was not like an Omega agent to be late to a meeting.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outside the briefing room Mrs. Baxter stormed out of her office with 2 Guards in escort following her. She exchanged a few words with 2 additional Guards that intercepted her path obviously being called for duty. After that Mrs. Baxter enters the briefing room with the 2 initial Guards following her and the 2 new ones waiting just outside.

"It seems we have a situation here. I need to ask you all to stay here until we have further investigated this... anamoly.", Ms. Baxter appeared extremely nervous but her training helped her not to sound too panicked. "If you excuse me again, please. I have to make an urgent call."

------------------

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax

Working hard to keep the distortion from paralyzing her, Keiko hobbles forward as fast as she can to keep the woman in sight.

Keiko stumbled through the corridor concentrating on the parallel timeline and trying to keep up with the woman. Just before she turned at the next junction the woman suddenly stopped changing her original path. She watched something that was beyond Keiko's sight which made her squint her eyes in vain to get a better focus. The woman took a few steps towards another elevator and suddenly the distortion became extremely erratic to the point that Keiko couldn't look at it without feeling an extreme headache and nausea. The pain stunned her and she stumbled to the side trying to remain on her feet but failed as the world around her turned blue... and then black... a deep unconscious blackness.

"Miss... can you hear me?", she heard a young man asking her. The world still was hazy to her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outside the briefing room Mrs. Baxter stormed out of her office with 2 Guards in escort following her. She exchanged a few words with 2 additional Guards that intercepted her path obviously being called for duty. After that Mrs. Baxter enters the briefing room with the 2 initial Guards following her and the 2 new ones waiting just outside.

"It seems we have a situation here. I need to ask you all to stay here until we have further investigated this... anamoly.", Ms. Baxter appeared extremely nervous but her training helped her not to sound too panicked. "If you excuse me again, please. I have to make an urgent call."

------------------

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax

Working hard to keep the distortion from paralyzing her, Keiko hobbles forward as fast as she can to keep the woman in sight.

Keiko stumbled through the corridor concentrating on the parallel timeline and trying to keep up with the woman. Just before she turned at the next junction the woman suddenly stopped changing her original path. She watched something that was beyond Keiko's sight which made her squint her eyes in vain to get a better focus. The woman took a few steps towards another elevator and suddenly the distortion became extremely erratic to the point that Keiko couldn't look at it without feeling an extreme headache and nausea. The pain stunned her and she stumbled to the side trying to remain on her feet but failed as the world around her turned blue... and then black... a deep unconscious blackness.

"Miss... can you hear me?", she heard a young man asking her. The world still was hazy to her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woozily, Keiko puts a hand to her head. "Ow..." she moans.

Then she looks up at the one talking to her...and sees a parody of her own face looking back at her. With a startled squeak, Keiko tries to scramble back away, but finds that she's actually on her back...in some kind of bed!

"What the...what are you?!" she yelps as she nearly falls off the narrow bed and has to sit up to avoid it. The one that spoke to her is some kind of...man-shaped blob of chrome, or something reflective but perfectly overlaying a human figure.

"What's going on?! Where am I?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woozily, Keiko puts a hand to her head. "Ow..." she moans.

Then she looks up at the one talking to her...and sees a parody of her own face looking back at her. With a startled squeak, Keiko tries to scramble back away, but finds that she's actually on her back...in some kind of bed!

"What the...what are you?!" she yelps as she nearly falls off the narrow bed and has to sit up to avoid it. The one that spoke to her is some kind of...man-shaped blob of chrome, or something reflective but perfectly overlaying a human figure.

"What's going on?! Where am I?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Synner has been sitting silently, observing each of the members of the team. He keeps to himself until Nosferatu speaks again.

Originally Posted By: Nosferatu
"To be honest, and I don't want to alarm you guys, but I really need some blood to drink."

Payton stops himself barely from gesturing and opening a portal to ... somewhere he can almost remember - someplace were his devotees wait for his call.

Originally Posted By: Nosferatu
"She should be here. She infiltrated the Teragen with me."

Yes. Its like we are down somebody. I remember people who travel through my portals and ... well ... I can't say I understand it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Synner has been sitting silently, observing each of the members of the team. He keeps to himself until Nosferatu speaks again.

Originally Posted By: Nosferatu
"To be honest, and I don't want to alarm you guys, but I really need some blood to drink."

Payton stops himself barely from gesturing and opening a portal to ... somewhere he can almost remember - someplace were his devotees wait for his call.

Originally Posted By: Nosferatu
"She should be here. She infiltrated the Teragen with me."

Yes. Its like we are down somebody. I remember people who travel through my portals and ... well ... I can't say I understand it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"And not only her, but I recall a charming young Miss. Funny, that I should recall anything if this is our first mission. Deja Vu indeed..."

The Fool gets up and begins pacing back and forth.

"Young Miss...Miss...missing a kiss...something amiss...what did I miss?"

He mutters to himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"And not only her, but I recall a charming young Miss. Funny, that I should recall anything if this is our first mission. Deja Vu indeed..."

The Fool gets up and begins pacing back and forth.

"Young Miss...Miss...missing a kiss...something amiss...what did I miss?"

He mutters to himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax


"What the...what are you?!" she yelps as she nearly falls off the narrow bed and has to sit up to avoid it. The one that spoke to her is some kind of...man-shaped blob of chrome, or something reflective but perfectly overlaying a human figure.

"What's going on?! Where am I?"


"Please calm down.", said the quicksilver man, "My name is Newton - we found you unconscious in the Four Seasons Hotel and brought you here, to our HQ. Can you tell me which day it is?"

(ooc: it is Friday // for you guys. Last time your briefing was on a thursday morning - tuesday the bomb will go off, according to your research)

--------------

In the meantime a third "Guard" entered the room. He didn't look much human though considering his extra pair of arms and the fur that covered his skin. The new "Guard" just stood at the entrance to the briefing room watching every single one of you as if he wanted to memorize your faces, stature... everything.

"Shiva, get out of there!", said Ms. Baxter and the beast reluctantly exited the room to join with Ms. Baxter. Again a muttering of low voices could be heard. This was really starting to get more and more suspicious. You know that OC was very picky about their assignments and protocols. This was unlike anything you went through in training. Something was not right.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax


"What the...what are you?!" she yelps as she nearly falls off the narrow bed and has to sit up to avoid it. The one that spoke to her is some kind of...man-shaped blob of chrome, or something reflective but perfectly overlaying a human figure.

"What's going on?! Where am I?"


"Please calm down.", said the quicksilver man, "My name is Newton - we found you unconscious in the Four Seasons Hotel and brought you here, to our HQ. Can you tell me which day it is?"

(ooc: it is Friday // for you guys. Last time your briefing was on a thursday morning - tuesday the bomb will go off, according to your research)

--------------

In the meantime a third "Guard" entered the room. He didn't look much human though considering his extra pair of arms and the fur that covered his skin. The new "Guard" just stood at the entrance to the briefing room watching every single one of you as if he wanted to memorize your faces, stature... everything.

"Shiva, get out of there!", said Ms. Baxter and the beast reluctantly exited the room to join with Ms. Baxter. Again a muttering of low voices could be heard. This was really starting to get more and more suspicious. You know that OC was very picky about their assignments and protocols. This was unlike anything you went through in training. Something was not right.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Courier
Cherub says to the Fool,

"Yes, but you're the Precog. You're supposed to feel this sort of thing, right? Wait, are we all feeling this?"

Cherub looks around the table.


Callum looks at the others, a mixture of concern and curiousity on his face, "What the hell are you talking about man?" He jerks his thumb toward the Fool, "Wack-boy starting to make sense to you? Sounds like you need to get your head checked."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Courier
Cherub says to the Fool,

"Yes, but you're the Precog. You're supposed to feel this sort of thing, right? Wait, are we all feeling this?"

Cherub looks around the table.


Callum looks at the others, a mixture of concern and curiousity on his face, "What the hell are you talking about man?" He jerks his thumb toward the Fool, "Wack-boy starting to make sense to you? Sounds like you need to get your head checked."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Fool stops and stares at Callum pointedly for a moment but says nothing. Instead one eyebrow of the mask raises slightly. It's always disconcerting to see it animate that way.

"Perhaps it would be best if we were to concentrate on the tactical execution of our assignment...I drew this card, mere moments before being summoned here..."

The Fool pulls out a very old Tarot card which he lays upon the table's surface.

rider_magician.jpg

"This foe we face must not be under-classed." he began in a variation of iambic pentameter. "The power of transsubstantiation, the philosopher's stone is in his grasp. Carefully we must strike from afar, for whatever element that we should use, becomes his ally true. Death must visit him a stormcrow swift, lest the tables be turned against us."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Fool stops and stares at Callum pointedly for a moment but says nothing. Instead one eyebrow of the mask raises slightly. It's always disconcerting to see it animate that way.

"Perhaps it would be best if we were to concentrate on the tactical execution of our assignment...I drew this card, mere moments before being summoned here..."

The Fool pulls out a very old Tarot card which he lays upon the table's surface.

rider_magician.jpg

"This foe we face must not be under-classed." he began in a variation of iambic pentameter. "The power of transsubstantiation, the philosopher's stone is in his grasp. Carefully we must strike from afar, for whatever element that we should use, becomes his ally true. Death must visit him a stormcrow swift, lest the tables be turned against us."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's him again! Nosferatu mutters as he notices Shiva. As soon as he thought it, he stopped. Again? I haven't seen him before...Have I? His own feelings of deja vu, now matched his teammates.

Ms. Baxter was exhibiting very odd behavior for somone as confident as her. It was as if Omega was on alert. But for what? What would a strange occurances of deja vu have to do with Ms. Baster's alarm. Nevertheless, he would follow Omega's orders, and remain where he was.

Chuckling to himself, Nosferatu acknowledged that The Fool would be the best option in dealing with the current situation. When the oddity known as The Fool, produced the 'Magician' card, and read his analysis of it, Nosferatu mostly understood. For someone who had spent many years playing ith the occult, the card was not to be taken lightly. Unfortunately, much of what The Fool said made sense only to the Fool. Further examination of his words would be necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's him again! Nosferatu mutters as he notices Shiva. As soon as he thought it, he stopped. Again? I haven't seen him before...Have I? His own feelings of deja vu, now matched his teammates.

Ms. Baxter was exhibiting very odd behavior for somone as confident as her. It was as if Omega was on alert. But for what? What would a strange occurances of deja vu have to do with Ms. Baster's alarm. Nevertheless, he would follow Omega's orders, and remain where he was.

Chuckling to himself, Nosferatu acknowledged that The Fool would be the best option in dealing with the current situation. When the oddity known as The Fool, produced the 'Magician' card, and read his analysis of it, Nosferatu mostly understood. For someone who had spent many years playing ith the occult, the card was not to be taken lightly. Unfortunately, much of what The Fool said made sense only to the Fool. Further examination of his words would be necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Callum Uallas
Callum looks at the others, a mixture of concern and curiousity on his face, "What the hell are you talking about man?" He jerks his thumb toward the Fool, "Wack-boy starting to make sense to you? Sounds like you need to get your head checked."
Cherub states,

"Most or all of us feel something is amiss, including our handler. We're missing a member and we have gear that we don't remember getting."

"If it were just my head I'd feel a lot better."

Tom nods at the Fool's statement... then frowns. The Fool's right, and Tom knows it... but how does he know that he knows?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Callum Uallas
Callum looks at the others, a mixture of concern and curiousity on his face, "What the hell are you talking about man?" He jerks his thumb toward the Fool, "Wack-boy starting to make sense to you? Sounds like you need to get your head checked."
Cherub states,

"Most or all of us feel something is amiss, including our handler. We're missing a member and we have gear that we don't remember getting."

"If it were just my head I'd feel a lot better."

Tom nods at the Fool's statement... then frowns. The Fool's right, and Tom knows it... but how does he know that he knows?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote:
"Most or all of us feel something is amiss, including our handler. We're missing a member and we have gear that we don't remember getting."


The Fool hold up two fingers.

"Two. We are missing two...and one that was not here..." The Fool hesitates for a moment, almost not wanting to finish the sentance.

"...before..." his words hang in the air.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote:
"Most or all of us feel something is amiss, including our handler. We're missing a member and we have gear that we don't remember getting."


The Fool hold up two fingers.

"Two. We are missing two...and one that was not here..." The Fool hesitates for a moment, almost not wanting to finish the sentance.

"...before..." his words hang in the air.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
"Friday afternoon?" Keiko stammers. "How long was I unconscious? Is this a hospital? Who are you?"

She looks around as she speaks, trying to figure out where she is.


"Calm down... this is not a hospital.", Newton looked past her and addressed someone who must've been standing in the room, too. "We're getting closer to the actual date but no sign of Nadine yet. And now this girl appears out of nowhere. Bastion, contact Synapse and feed him with the latest news. Something is different this time, I just can't grasp it yet."

Keiko scanned the room. It looked absolutely futuristic, almost alien in design. Nothing was remotely recognisable, not even the medical instruments, which seemed to be missing. Instead there was just her bed and a device Newton held in his hand. Several screens showed vital stats of Keiko, heartbeat, bloodpressure and some other stats that she couldn't figure out. Suddenly Keiko felt almost stripped naked.

--------------------

The door to the briefing room locked with a barely audible clacking sound and the voices in the corridor behind it got lower and faded away. Cherub and The_Fool's sixth sense suddenly sprang to full alert. Something was about to happen.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
"Friday afternoon?" Keiko stammers. "How long was I unconscious? Is this a hospital? Who are you?"

She looks around as she speaks, trying to figure out where she is.


"Calm down... this is not a hospital.", Newton looked past her and addressed someone who must've been standing in the room, too. "We're getting closer to the actual date but no sign of Nadine yet. And now this girl appears out of nowhere. Bastion, contact Synapse and feed him with the latest news. Something is different this time, I just can't grasp it yet."

Keiko scanned the room. It looked absolutely futuristic, almost alien in design. Nothing was remotely recognisable, not even the medical instruments, which seemed to be missing. Instead there was just her bed and a device Newton held in his hand. Several screens showed vital stats of Keiko, heartbeat, bloodpressure and some other stats that she couldn't figure out. Suddenly Keiko felt almost stripped naked.

--------------------

The door to the briefing room locked with a barely audible clacking sound and the voices in the corridor behind it got lower and faded away. Cherub and The_Fool's sixth sense suddenly sprang to full alert. Something was about to happen.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hollow sockets of his mask instantly grow very wide.

"We have to leave...NOW! Make haste! Make haste!" quips the Fool in rapid succession.

"Synner, a doorway, if you please!...You know the way!"

Synner indeed gets a quick flash of The Fool's subterranean sanctum. Though he can never recall having been there, it's spacial location is utterly clear in the mind of the warper...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hollow sockets of his mask instantly grow very wide.

"We have to leave...NOW! Make haste! Make haste!" quips the Fool in rapid succession.

"Synner, a doorway, if you please!...You know the way!"

Synner indeed gets a quick flash of The Fool's subterranean sanctum. Though he can never recall having been there, it's spacial location is utterly clear in the mind of the warper...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...