Aberrant: No Fate - Chapter 3: Deja Vu

Joani

You wake up to the beeping sound of an alarm you heard for the first time. Actually for the second time… its been only over a year ago. Trying to find a way how to turn it off the alarm suddenly stops.

Your eyes slowly focus and the room comes slowly back into picture you face a large oval-shaped table with 8 seats. At the head of the table you see your liaison officer Ms. Baxter still absorbed with her clipboard reading some files. The other seats are filled with members of your team though something seems strangely amiss.

Ms. Baxter starts speaking without addressing anyone in particular.

“This will be your first assignment.”, she comments detached. The holographic image portrays a teenager of approximately 16 years of age. He has dirty blonde hair, blue eyes and wears glasses. His face is strangely androgynous and if it wasn’t for his name he could’ve also passed as a young girl.

“What you are currently looking at is the face of one Richard Brandt, german student of Physics with focus on Quantum-Physics prior to his eruption.”, the holographic unit provides you with several pictures of Richard sitting at a café and talking with fellow students.

“Don’t let yourselves be distracted by his innocent looks. This is how he looks now:”, the hologram shows the same face only now it seems coated with quicksilver. His eyes are like displays constantly changing as if someone was switching channels of a TV and he appears even more androgynous than before. It is obvious to see that the boy is heavily tainted.

“Richard – or “Newton” how he calls himself has just erupted 6 months ago and displays an alarming control of his powers. We are still trying to determine the true nature of his eruption but so far nothing has turned out to our satisfaction. What we do know is, that he was invited by the German government to attend a special school of highly gifted minds and talents. That was 6 months ago. We also know that the facility he has been brought to is actually a Project Proteus building.”, the hologram provides you with a satellite picture of a former US-Army base in Germany near Heidelberg completely with exact coordinates of its location.

“Newton is extremely dangerous. He has already made contact with the Aberrants and we have reason to assume that he was at Bahrain. We also have reason to believe that he is not operating alone and that he has recruited at least 3 like minded Novas for his cause. What his true goals are is yet undetermined but he has managed to escape Proteus, Utopia and Teragen influence. We believe he had contact with Corbin and is trying to reveal the truth about the Slider murder. As you already know rumours are spreading like a fire around the globe and any further indication that Project Utopia and Proteus are responsible for Sliders death unbalances the status quo. We need the status quo to operate without drawing too much attention to missing Novas to the authorities. You need to execute Newton as discreet as possible and disappear immediately.”, Ms. Baxter presses on a button on her clipboard and closes the file.

“Details about Newtons powers, last known residence and most likely whereabouts are downloaded to your personal computers. If you don’t have any further questions the meeting is adjourned.”

Ms. Baxter looks up, adjusting her glasses and pressing the clipboard firmly to her chest and smiles thinly over the it.

Somehow you have the strange feeling having gone through this briefing before...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime somewhere in Manhattan NYC a young aspiring conspiracy theorists reveals the following "facts" on her OpNet-Site...

The Truth Is In Here: Special Report

A Crisis Just In Time!!

New York City - Manhattan

If I know you, True Believers, you're wondering what I'm doing clear out here in NYC. I've asked myself the same question several times now. What I'm on the trail of this time seems too incredible to be true, but my sources are reliable, and my confidence is high. What I'm talking about right now is Time Manipulation!

Does it sound farfetched? Novas exist who can change the parameters of space through warps and teleports. Einstein tells us that space and time are part of the same 'fabric.' How unlikely is it really then that a nova might exist who can tamper with time itself? Not very! The real question is...why?

Some of my top sources have tipped me off to activity in high level circles suggesting that the fabled Proteus department may be on the move, operating from the UN building in New York in response to something new. Something called "Omega." Right now, things are sketchy. Departmental memos, leaked statements, blogs from known Proteus whistleblowers...they agree that the infamous black department of Utopia is worried. Worried enough to turn back the clock?

What is Omega?

There's all kinds of theories floating around the alternative Opnet channels right now. Some think it's a doomsday device of some kind, set up by a shadowy cabal within the US government called The Directive. Could this doomsday device somehow...destroy time itself? Others believe that it's a reference to a final invasion of extraterrestrials, who were responsible for the Galatea explosion, and the subsequent creation of novas. Others; a plot to wipe out all baselines by the Teragen, an attempt by the Nova Illuminati to enter a 'global endgame' to their game of nations... But this reporter thinks the most compelling so far is that it's related to the so called 'OC-Novas' referred to in an avowed Proteus document that came across her desk last week. The memo mentioned several novas, not by name unfortunately, that were declared major threats either BY Proteus, or TO Proteus. The last line states, '...these class omega threats could...'

Class Omega. Omega Class. OC - Novas.

And now, that same black department is concerned about "Omega." Coincidence? There are no coincidences. I'll have a scan of that memo up as soon as I get back, and you can draw your own conclusions.

In the meantime...who are these OC-Novas? And why are they messing with time?

More as it develops.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wake up to the beeping sound of an alarm you heard for the first time. Actually for the second time… its been only over a year ago. Trying to find a way how to turn it off the alarm suddenly stops.

Your eyes slowly focus and the room comes slowly back into picture you face a large oval-shaped table with 8 seats. At the head of the table you see your liaison officer Ms. Baxter still absorbed with her clipboard reading some files. The other seats are filled with members of your team though something seems strangely amiss.

Ms. Baxter starts speaking without addressing anyone in particular.

“This will be your first assignment.”, she comments detached. The holographic image portrays a teenager of approximately 16 years of age. He has dirty blonde hair, blue eyes and wears glasses. His face is strangely androgynous and if it wasn’t for his name he could’ve also passed as a young girl.

“What you are currently looking at is the face of one Richard Brandt, german student of Physics with focus on Quantum-Physics prior to his eruption.”, the holographic unit provides you with several pictures of Richard sitting at a café and talking with fellow students.

“Don’t let yourselves be distracted by his innocent looks. This is how he looks now:”, the hologram shows the same face only now it seems coated with quicksilver. His eyes are like displays constantly changing as if someone was switching channels of a TV and he appears even more androgynous than before. It is obvious to see that the boy is heavily tainted.

“Richard – or “Newton” how he calls himself has just erupted 6 months ago and displays an alarming control of his powers. We are still trying to determine the true nature of his eruption but so far nothing has turned out to our satisfaction. What we do know is, that he was invited by the German government to attend a special school of highly gifted minds and talents. That was 6 months ago. We also know that the facility he has been brought to is actually a Project Proteus building.”, the hologram provides you with a satellite picture of a former US-Army base in Germany near Heidelberg completely with exact coordinates of its location.

“Newton is extremely dangerous. He has already made contact with the Aberrants and we have reason to assume that he was at Bahrain. We also have reason to believe that he is not operating alone and that he has recruited at least 3 like minded Novas for his cause. What his true goals are is yet undetermined but he has managed to escape Proteus, Utopia and Teragen influence. We believe he had contact with Corbin and is trying to reveal the truth about the Slider murder. As you already know rumours are spreading like a fire around the globe and any further indication that Project Utopia and Proteus are responsible for Sliders death unbalances the status quo. We need the status quo to operate without drawing too much attention to missing Novas to the authorities. You need to execute Newton as discreet as possible and disappear immediately.”, Ms. Baxter presses on a button on her clipboard and closes the file.

“Details about Newtons powers, last known residence and most likely whereabouts are downloaded to your personal computers. If you don’t have any further questions the meeting is adjourned.”

Ms. Baxter looks up, adjusting her glasses and pressing the clipboard firmly to her chest and smiles thinly over the it.

Somehow you have the strange feeling having gone through this briefing before...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime somewhere in Manhattan NYC a young aspiring conspiracy theorists reveals the following "facts" on her OpNet-Site...

The Truth Is In Here: Special Report

A Crisis Just In Time!!

New York City - Manhattan

If I know you, True Believers, you're wondering what I'm doing clear out here in NYC. I've asked myself the same question several times now. What I'm on the trail of this time seems too incredible to be true, but my sources are reliable, and my confidence is high. What I'm talking about right now is Time Manipulation!

Does it sound farfetched? Novas exist who can change the parameters of space through warps and teleports. Einstein tells us that space and time are part of the same 'fabric.' How unlikely is it really then that a nova might exist who can tamper with time itself? Not very! The real question is...why?

Some of my top sources have tipped me off to activity in high level circles suggesting that the fabled Proteus department may be on the move, operating from the UN building in New York in response to something new. Something called "Omega." Right now, things are sketchy. Departmental memos, leaked statements, blogs from known Proteus whistleblowers...they agree that the infamous black department of Utopia is worried. Worried enough to turn back the clock?

What is Omega?

There's all kinds of theories floating around the alternative Opnet channels right now. Some think it's a doomsday device of some kind, set up by a shadowy cabal within the US government called The Directive. Could this doomsday device somehow...destroy time itself? Others believe that it's a reference to a final invasion of extraterrestrials, who were responsible for the Galatea explosion, and the subsequent creation of novas. Others; a plot to wipe out all baselines by the Teragen, an attempt by the Nova Illuminati to enter a 'global endgame' to their game of nations... But this reporter thinks the most compelling so far is that it's related to the so called 'OC-Novas' referred to in an avowed Proteus document that came across her desk last week. The memo mentioned several novas, not by name unfortunately, that were declared major threats either BY Proteus, or TO Proteus. The last line states, '...these class omega threats could...'

Class Omega. Omega Class. OC - Novas.

And now, that same black department is concerned about "Omega." Coincidence? There are no coincidences. I'll have a scan of that memo up as soon as I get back, and you can draw your own conclusions.

In the meantime...who are these OC-Novas? And why are they messing with time?

More as it develops.

Sean's stomach grumbled with hunger and he reached for one of the danishes but remembered that he'd just eaten it. He'd also had cold pizza for breakfast before coming to the meeting, he distinctly remembered it. His stomach was pretty hollow though, that was odd and added to the sense of deja vu. He grabbed a cinnamon roll off the table instead.

"I don't know about timetable, but I'm not so good at tracking down people like him. I'll wait until one of you point me at the target and then make his life difficult. In fact I would suggest at least a double attack if we can arrange it. I can make one other person invisible. Perhaps, Voi... er the Fool and I can get within range invisible and both strike at once?" His words have the ring of something said before and already decided on. Either way he was sure he couldn't do anything to help locate the target.

Not waiting for a response he gets up from the table and heads off to requisition a bit of equipment for the mission. He is wanting a gadget that will allow him to teleport. That might just increase odds of survivability greatly as well as the potential chances of success. He mutters to himself in the hallway, "Lets, see if I have enough pull around here yet to get it."

Seeing Mrs. Baxter he asks for access to a device capable of teleportation. Mrs. Baxter nods and makes a note of the request and checks in storage for the device and discovers it missing. Normally unflappable she is stunned that a device would be missing from the high security area. Sean frowns and asks what the device looks like. The flustered coordinator described the very watch that Sean was wearing. He held out his wrist showing the watch. "I have absolutely no idea how that got there."

Sean's stomach grumbled with hunger and he reached for one of the danishes but remembered that he'd just eaten it. He'd also had cold pizza for breakfast before coming to the meeting, he distinctly remembered it. His stomach was pretty hollow though, that was odd and added to the sense of deja vu. He grabbed a cinnamon roll off the table instead.

"I don't know about timetable, but I'm not so good at tracking down people like him. I'll wait until one of you point me at the target and then make his life difficult. In fact I would suggest at least a double attack if we can arrange it. I can make one other person invisible. Perhaps, Voi... er the Fool and I can get within range invisible and both strike at once?" His words have the ring of something said before and already decided on. Either way he was sure he couldn't do anything to help locate the target.

Not waiting for a response he gets up from the table and heads off to requisition a bit of equipment for the mission. He is wanting a gadget that will allow him to teleport. That might just increase odds of survivability greatly as well as the potential chances of success. He mutters to himself in the hallway, "Lets, see if I have enough pull around here yet to get it."

Seeing Mrs. Baxter he asks for access to a device capable of teleportation. Mrs. Baxter nods and makes a note of the request and checks in storage for the device and discovers it missing. Normally unflappable she is stunned that a device would be missing from the high security area. Sean frowns and asks what the device looks like. The flustered coordinator described the very watch that Sean was wearing. He held out his wrist showing the watch. "I have absolutely no idea how that got there."

Four Seasons Hotel

New York City

New York

People pass into and out of the large glass doors of the Four Seasons constantly. Broad stairs fan down from them to the sidewalk, where a neverending stream of cabs and valets pick up and drop off their human traffic. Most are well dressed in business attire or at least designer clothes. Others have uniforms of one sort or another on.

One had a colorful striped knit stocking hat, a threadbare denim jacket over a Dead Smurf Face T-shirt, and a navy pleated skirt that hung to her knees. Slung over her shoulder was a magenta knapsack that looked pretty full. Her shoes were white sneakers. Reeboks, perhaps, or cheap knockoffs. She was clearly asian, rather pretty, and seemed to be talking into her hand as she climbed up those fanning steps to the door and went in with a quick, nervous look at the doorman.

This is what she was saying:

"Everything looks normal at first glance...no men in black or...well, there's lots of men in black, but not Men In Black, if you get it...no one's staring at me besides the man at the door..." She paused until she was through and heading into the expansive lobby. "...he could bear some watching. Possible agent. Beady little eyes. Undercover maybe. Lobby seems all right...nice chandeliers. Good...good flow through it. Not too crowded."

She took a deep breath and stopped her nervous babbling into the little digital recorder in her hand. The truth was she had no idea what to do now. The disturbance...the weird doubling that she saw, as if the world had been cast in a stereoscope...was stronger here than ever before. She didn't think she was in -danger- yet. No one had any reason to think she knew anything. Unless they read that article. Maybe she shoulda waited. But it had all been so exciting when she'd first arrived, and she'd had visions of busting in here and seeing secret agents scattering like roaches before the awesome light of the Truth.

Now here she was. Busted in, and nothing to see.

A good reporter never gives up! Think about your readers!

She narrowed her eyes and nodded. She had a duty to the public. She adjusted her grip on her knapsack and made her way to one of the people at the huge marble counter.

"Hi. Uh...how much for a room? One night?"

Four Seasons Hotel

New York City

New York

People pass into and out of the large glass doors of the Four Seasons constantly. Broad stairs fan down from them to the sidewalk, where a neverending stream of cabs and valets pick up and drop off their human traffic. Most are well dressed in business attire or at least designer clothes. Others have uniforms of one sort or another on.

One had a colorful striped knit stocking hat, a threadbare denim jacket over a Dead Smurf Face T-shirt, and a navy pleated skirt that hung to her knees. Slung over her shoulder was a magenta knapsack that looked pretty full. Her shoes were white sneakers. Reeboks, perhaps, or cheap knockoffs. She was clearly asian, rather pretty, and seemed to be talking into her hand as she climbed up those fanning steps to the door and went in with a quick, nervous look at the doorman.

This is what she was saying:

"Everything looks normal at first glance...no men in black or...well, there's lots of men in black, but not Men In Black, if you get it...no one's staring at me besides the man at the door..." She paused until she was through and heading into the expansive lobby. "...he could bear some watching. Possible agent. Beady little eyes. Undercover maybe. Lobby seems all right...nice chandeliers. Good...good flow through it. Not too crowded."

She took a deep breath and stopped her nervous babbling into the little digital recorder in her hand. The truth was she had no idea what to do now. The disturbance...the weird doubling that she saw, as if the world had been cast in a stereoscope...was stronger here than ever before. She didn't think she was in -danger- yet. No one had any reason to think she knew anything. Unless they read that article. Maybe she shoulda waited. But it had all been so exciting when she'd first arrived, and she'd had visions of busting in here and seeing secret agents scattering like roaches before the awesome light of the Truth.

Now here she was. Busted in, and nothing to see.

A good reporter never gives up! Think about your readers!

She narrowed her eyes and nodded. She had a duty to the public. She adjusted her grip on her knapsack and made her way to one of the people at the huge marble counter.

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax

The concierge examined the young woman trying to discern if she was seriously asking for a room or just trying to get some information.

"You are alone, young miss? That'll be 175 $ per night including breakfast. Check out after breakfast 9 am please. Cash or Credit Card?", the concierge was being polite but direct. He seemed to try to intimidate her to change her mind and go to another hotel... but that would be assuming too much.

The concierge examined the young woman trying to discern if she was seriously asking for a room or just trying to get some information.

"You are alone, young miss? That'll be 175 $ per night including breakfast. Check out after breakfast 9 am please. Cash or Credit Card?", the concierge was being polite but direct. He seemed to try to intimidate her to change her mind and go to another hotel... but that would be assuming too much.

Keiko's mouth drops open at that, and she looks away, towards the curtained windows over in the far wall. Between it and her were dozens of people in very nice clothes, with very nice jewelry. It wouldn't be HARD to just...

With a sigh, she looks at the concierge.

"I'll be right back."

Stupid public, she thought vengefully as she walked across the lobby towards the little ATM sign she'd seen as she passed. She'd already sprung for airfare. Maybe if the public PAID her, she'd feel a bit more... Keiko hesitates, then shakes her head woefully.

It wasn't really about the public. Oh, she'd tell her story, and only a few would believe her...for now... But it was really about herself right now.

She takes two hundred from the ATM...the bank won't let her take more at once. There's two ATM machines hovering there before her eyes; almost identical. One hasn't been touched by her. The other has. One thin, well manicured carpet leading up to it has her footprints on it, the other doesn't. The distortion is really bad here, which is really good, but also really confusing. Sometimes Keiko feels she can reach out and touch the way things were...supposed to be, for want of a better word.

Money in hand, she crosses back to the concierge and gives him a sunny smile as she sets the wad of bills on the counter.

"Cash please!"

Keiko's mouth drops open at that, and she looks away, towards the curtained windows over in the far wall. Between it and her were dozens of people in very nice clothes, with very nice jewelry. It wouldn't be HARD to just...

With a sigh, she looks at the concierge.

"I'll be right back."

Stupid public, she thought vengefully as she walked across the lobby towards the little ATM sign she'd seen as she passed. She'd already sprung for airfare. Maybe if the public PAID her, she'd feel a bit more... Keiko hesitates, then shakes her head woefully.

It wasn't really about the public. Oh, she'd tell her story, and only a few would believe her...for now... But it was really about herself right now.

She takes two hundred from the ATM...the bank won't let her take more at once. There's two ATM machines hovering there before her eyes; almost identical. One hasn't been touched by her. The other has. One thin, well manicured carpet leading up to it has her footprints on it, the other doesn't. The distortion is really bad here, which is really good, but also really confusing. Sometimes Keiko feels she can reach out and touch the way things were...supposed to be, for want of a better word.

Money in hand, she crosses back to the concierge and gives him a sunny smile as she sets the wad of bills on the counter.

"Cash please!"

The Concierge took the money with a lifted eyebrow and proceeded to check Keiko in.

"No luggage, I suppose. Please fill in this registration card and put your signature here.", he marked the last line with the word Signature underneath it as if Keiko was a little school girl. While Keiko filled in the card the concierge nodded at one of the women behind the desk and whispered something into her ear. With a polite smile he nodded at Keiko and excused himself before he left.

The young woman behind the desk put on a very fake smile and waited eagerly for Keiko's card before she handed her the keycard to her room.

The Concierge took the money with a lifted eyebrow and proceeded to check Keiko in.

"No luggage, I suppose. Please fill in this registration card and put your signature here.", he marked the last line with the word Signature underneath it as if Keiko was a little school girl. While Keiko filled in the card the concierge nodded at one of the women behind the desk and whispered something into her ear. With a polite smile he nodded at Keiko and excused himself before he left.

The young woman behind the desk put on a very fake smile and waited eagerly for Keiko's card before she handed her the keycard to her room.

Nosferatu had grabbed a plate of pastries and sat down to eat them. A man...a vampire cannot live on blood alone. Blood? I really wish I had some right now. His hands were shaking but he was not sure why.

Originally Posted By: Mrs. Baxter
You need to execute Newton as discreet as possible and disappear immediately.

Discreet? There goes that idea. Nosferatu hungered to drain their life force. A simple monstrous act by a monster. Too bad my teeth leave marks.

He couldn't keep his eyes off her supple and alluring neckline. Mrs. Baxter had a slender healthy look, and was probably a feak in the sack. Uptight looking women, like Mrs. Baxter, usually cut loose and became sex starved nymphomaniacs when stimulated properly. He wondered if she would also be appreciative of sharing lifeblood with him. A few moments alone....

Mrs. Baxter seemed to be flustered and confused by Sean's request for a teleporation device, and their subsequent absence. When Sean pointed out that it was already on his wrist, Nosferatu likewise looked at his wrist and saw the same thing. "I seem to have one too."

Nosferatu had grabbed a plate of pastries and sat down to eat them. A man...a vampire cannot live on blood alone. Blood? I really wish I had some right now. His hands were shaking but he was not sure why.

Originally Posted By: Mrs. Baxter
You need to execute Newton as discreet as possible and disappear immediately.

Discreet? There goes that idea. Nosferatu hungered to drain their life force. A simple monstrous act by a monster. Too bad my teeth leave marks.

He couldn't keep his eyes off her supple and alluring neckline. Mrs. Baxter had a slender healthy look, and was probably a feak in the sack. Uptight looking women, like Mrs. Baxter, usually cut loose and became sex starved nymphomaniacs when stimulated properly. He wondered if she would also be appreciative of sharing lifeblood with him. A few moments alone....

Mrs. Baxter seemed to be flustered and confused by Sean's request for a teleporation device, and their subsequent absence. When Sean pointed out that it was already on his wrist, Nosferatu likewise looked at his wrist and saw the same thing. "I seem to have one too."

Keiko scribbled 'Miss Cake' after her OpNet persona on the card, and filled the rest with plausible, but made up information. She finishes in time to see the concierge whisper something and her eyes narrow as she hands the lady her card.

"What did he say?" she wants to know.

Keiko scribbled 'Miss Cake' after her OpNet persona on the card, and filled the rest with plausible, but made up information. She finishes in time to see the concierge whisper something and her eyes narrow as she hands the lady her card.

Finding himself suddenly sitting around the table, the Fool stands up abruptly in the middle of Ms. Baxter talking.

The cheek of his mask blushes and he reaches up with one hand to touch it in a way that seems wistful or nostalgic.

"What is this, I should perchance to miss, a warm hand and phantom kiss?" he asks to noone in particular.

After a moment he sits back down and studies the PDA files of the mission at hand without comment.

After Nosferatu's coment, he holds up a wrist teleporter and adds, "Me three."

Finding himself suddenly sitting around the table, the Fool stands up abruptly in the middle of Ms. Baxter talking.

The cheek of his mask blushes and he reaches up with one hand to touch it in a way that seems wistful or nostalgic.

"What is this, I should perchance to miss, a warm hand and phantom kiss?" he asks to noone in particular.

After a moment he sits back down and studies the PDA files of the mission at hand without comment.

After Nosferatu's coment, he holds up a wrist teleporter and adds, "Me three."

"Mr. Trapatoni said he has to attend to an important guest of ours. He kindly asked me to take over for him... Ms. Cake?", the woman tried to pronounce the name in chinese or japanese which made it sound more like "Kah-ki".

"Mr. Trapatoni said he has to attend to an important guest of ours. He kindly asked me to take over for him... Ms. Cake?", the woman tried to pronounce the name in chinese or japanese which made it sound more like "Kah-ki".

The woman at the desk nodded apprehensively and handed Keiko the keycard. Bowing forward she pointed at the elevators and explained politely, "The breakfast area is just to the left past the elevators. We serve breakfast from 7am to 10am. Your room is on the 10th floor, number 1007. If you have any requests dial the 9 on your phone. Have a pleasent stay at the Four Seasons Ms. "Kah-Ki"."

The woman at the desk nodded apprehensively and handed Keiko the keycard. Bowing forward she pointed at the elevators and explained politely, "The breakfast area is just to the left past the elevators. We serve breakfast from 7am to 10am. Your room is on the 10th floor, number 1007. If you have any requests dial the 9 on your phone. Have a pleasent stay at the Four Seasons Ms. "Kah-Ki"."

Ms. Baxter looked irritated at her clipboard and then on the screen. She typed some quick commands into her Computer and furrowed her brows. "This... is odd. Gentlemen, I need to check up on something. This doesn't make sense. I'll be back in a minute or two. You can study the provided data in the meantime and make a strike plan. Please excuse me."

Without waiting for a reply Ms. Baxter stood up and hurried outside the briefing room obviously concerned about something.

Ms. Baxter looked irritated at her clipboard and then on the screen. She typed some quick commands into her Computer and furrowed her brows. "This... is odd. Gentlemen, I need to check up on something. This doesn't make sense. I'll be back in a minute or two. You can study the provided data in the meantime and make a strike plan. Please excuse me."

Without waiting for a reply Ms. Baxter stood up and hurried outside the briefing room obviously concerned about something.

Keiko takes the keycard and goes to the elevators. After a moment she selects the top floor. After all, she reasons, this way she could see if the 'doubling' effect got worse or better as she passed each floor...which would tell her where to go next.

Keiko takes the keycard and goes to the elevators. After a moment she selects the top floor. After all, she reasons, this way she could see if the 'doubling' effect got worse or better as she passed each floor...which would tell her where to go next.

Sean nods. "Yeah, I'm starving despite having eaten both pizza and danishes, and I've got this teleporter even though I have no memory of getting it. Then there is the weird deja-vu sensation like we've been here before, except this is our first full assignment."

Sean nods. "Yeah, I'm starving despite having eaten both pizza and danishes, and I've got this teleporter even though I have no memory of getting it. Then there is the weird deja-vu sensation like we've been here before, except this is our first full assignment."

The elevator hummed with low and annoying almost sedating music. On the way up past the 10th floor Keiko could feel the distortion getting worse and worse. Around the 20th floor it was almost impossible to tell which of the overlapping timelines had been hers... 'the original'. The sensation almost made her throw up and the elevator cabin suddenly filled with people although she never saw it stopping. Slowly panic gripped her as the sensation overwhelmed her senses. With a loud 'ping' noise the elevator announced it had reached the top floor. Keiko stumbled outside and took a few breaths before she had regained her bearings.

The elevator hummed with low and annoying almost sedating music. On the way up past the 10th floor Keiko could feel the distortion getting worse and worse. Around the 20th floor it was almost impossible to tell which of the overlapping timelines had been hers... 'the original'. The sensation almost made her throw up and the elevator cabin suddenly filled with people although she never saw it stopping. Slowly panic gripped her as the sensation overwhelmed her senses. With a loud 'ping' noise the elevator announced it had reached the top floor. Keiko stumbled outside and took a few breaths before she had regained her bearings.

Archived