Charlotte

It's the first forum here that I've truly clicked with when it comes to interactions with other characters. I like the people and the stories. I like the general tone. I like the focus on writing.

But it's no secret that posting rates have dropped off lately. I've pledged to myself to make at least one post a day throughout the entirety of July in an effort to keep things going, but I'm curious - to whoever's left or stopped posting, for whatever reason, what are those reasons, and what can I do to alleviate them? (No, I'm not a mod, but I'll do what I can.) I like this place, but it rises and falls on the number of people supporting it - and without naming names, I have heard some discontent.

If this is a summer month lull, forget I wrote anything and hope to see you in the fall.

It's the first forum here that I've truly clicked with when it comes to interactions with other characters. I like the people and the stories. I like the general tone. I like the focus on writing.

But it's no secret that posting rates have dropped off lately. I've pledged to myself to make at least one post a day throughout the entirety of July in an effort to keep things going, but I'm curious - to whoever's left or stopped posting, for whatever reason, what are those reasons, and what can I do to alleviate them? (No, I'm not a mod, but I'll do what I can.) I like this place, but it rises and falls on the number of people supporting it - and without naming names, I have heard some discontent.

If this is a summer month lull, forget I wrote anything and hope to see you in the fall.

There was some BS at the beginning, but hopefully that's over now. I think the real issue is what I call Magpie syndrome. Every time something new and shiny appears everyone flocks there. Since 200x launched several shiny new games launched and I think that more than anything else has caused the drop off in posting. The number of writers is more or less fixed, but the number of characters they are writing for has dramatically gone up recently.

Of course I could be wrong, I have been before and no doubt I will be again. Personally, I know I'm still writing for Daniel on a fairly regular basis. I hope others will come back to 200x and interact. I'd be willing to do joint fics with anyone that's willing. Speaking of which I owe Ryu a fic at some point. PM me whenever you feel interested in starting one.

There was some BS at the beginning, but hopefully that's over now. I think the real issue is what I call Magpie syndrome. Every time something new and shiny appears everyone flocks there. Since 200x launched several shiny new games launched and I think that more than anything else has caused the drop off in posting. The number of writers is more or less fixed, but the number of characters they are writing for has dramatically gone up recently.

Of course I could be wrong, I have been before and no doubt I will be again. Personally, I know I'm still writing for Daniel on a fairly regular basis. I hope others will come back to 200x and interact. I'd be willing to do joint fics with anyone that's willing. Speaking of which I owe Ryu a fic at some point. PM me whenever you feel interested in starting one.

Rest assured, folks, 200X is where my hat will be hung for the foreseeable future. So that's me at least.

EDIT: Not to say that I don't wish the newer boards the best of success, and I'm sorry if anyone thought that. Just that 200X is 'my town.'

Rest assured, folks, 200X is where my hat will be hung for the foreseeable future. So that's me at least.

EDIT: Not to say that I don't wish the newer boards the best of success, and I'm sorry if anyone thought that. Just that 200X is 'my town.'

I quit posting because I was sick of the mods. Since two of them don't seem to post anymore and the third has spent his free time sending me threats to have me banned from 200X anyway I saw it best to just say fuck it.

Hope you have a blast with it though Mike. Glad you found a place you could hang your hat. Heh.

I quit posting because I was sick of the mods. Since two of them don't seem to post anymore and the third has spent his free time sending me threats to have me banned from 200X anyway I saw it best to just say fuck it.

Hope you have a blast with it though Mike. Glad you found a place you could hang your hat. Heh.

I've been busy with a lot of other interests. (City of Heroes) I'll try to be more active. I agree that a lot of people have been drawn off by the other settings that have arisen since this one. I, too, participate in one of those.

I've been busy with a lot of other interests. (City of Heroes) I'll try to be more active. I agree that a lot of people have been drawn off by the other settings that have arisen since this one. I, too, participate in one of those.

Archived