Adventure! RPG - New Knacks

Kirby1024

This is for all of those who are just dying to get those Knacks you thought up on public display. I start the procedings with a Knack that frankly should have been in the book:

Percussive Maintenance

"Just whack the damn thing!" FWHACK! "Right, there we go."

You may not have any mechanical knowledge (then again, you might), but you seem to have the unerring ability to use violence to get machines to obey you.

System: This Knack allows you to, when any mechanical object fails, to get it working once more. The daredevil rolls Brawl on a standard difficulty. If he succeeds, the machine works a number of extra times equal to the amount of successes on the roll. This may be used on Super-Science Devices, as well as mundane machinery. This works as long as the machine in question has not more than 2 health levels of damage.

Also, If a player fails a roll when trying to use an Innovation, The player may roll Brawl in a second attempt to get the machine operating. This Knack may only be used once per machine per scene.

Prerequisites: Help? I can't think of an appropriate Prerequisite.

For a prerequisite I would say a Destructive facet of at least 2. looks pretty useable and seems to fit the pulp genre very well. You might want to put in something about damaging the device in you roll a botch or something like that. Overall, I like it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Atwight:
For a prerequisite I would say a Destructive facet of at least 2. looks pretty useable and seems to fit the pulp genre very well. You might want to put in something about damaging the device in you roll a botch or something like that.

Hmm, that does sound about right. Thanks a lot. I swear, they have at least thought about this one. I couldn't understand why it wasn't in the book!

I'd actually have guessed the intuitive rather than destructive facet on this one. Despite the appearance of what you're doing, destructive is for breaking things (be they physical, emotional, or social). Intuitive is for immediate action.

Reflective is right out the window in this one!

I chose destructive on the theory that your "destroying" that which stops the device from working. Intuitive could work also, or maybe even Might 3. Guess its a matter of personal opinion.

Archived