z-Kara

Kara was the first one to say meet them, greeting only Connor. Alessa felt a bit put off and returned the gesture, but a lor more people were around, she figured the obvious and held on to Connors' arm a bit tigther.

"I hope to enjoy the show myself Adrenaline, is it?" Alessa extends her hand, giving a shake to his, the difference in strenghts is disproportinate completely.

"Oh don't worry Emmy, I didn't expect thanks I wanted to do the concert to help California, that a lot of people jumped ship with me was a great relief, that concert wouldn't have been half as good without the help of Gabe, the man is a sweetheart." giving a Hug as she tells this, she listed to her proposal. "Oh, Planes have been good enough lately, and the only times I have been really in need I had this big lug to get me out."

Ravenshire turns to Alessa as she is re-attaching to Connor's arm "Thank you Ravenshire, likewise. Also, Paolo still has bad dreams about your negotiating skills." Alessa winked at him.

More people were around, a young woman with white hair in a blue and gray outfit stood by the group of novas, and another masked man who she barely remembered from the news while on California was on standby. Lots and lots of novas I don't know, I guess it's good to meet new people.

Deattaching herself from Connor, she walked up to the girl in the gray and blue outfit. "Hi, I'm Alessa. Nice to meet you." extending a hand to the girl

Kara was the first one to say meet them, greeting only Connor. Alessa felt a bit put off and returned the gesture, but a lor more people were around, she figured the obvious and held on to Connors' arm a bit tigther.

"I hope to enjoy the show myself Adrenaline, is it?" Alessa extends her hand, giving a shake to his, the difference in strenghts is disproportinate completely.

"Oh don't worry Emmy, I didn't expect thanks I wanted to do the concert to help California, that a lot of people jumped ship with me was a great relief, that concert wouldn't have been half as good without the help of Gabe, the man is a sweetheart." giving a Hug as she tells this, she listed to her proposal. "Oh, Planes have been good enough lately, and the only times I have been really in need I had this big lug to get me out."

Ravenshire turns to Alessa as she is re-attaching to Connor's arm "Thank you Ravenshire, likewise. Also, Paolo still has bad dreams about your negotiating skills." Alessa winked at him.

More people were around, a young woman with white hair in a blue and gray outfit stood by the group of novas, and another masked man who she barely remembered from the news while on California was on standby. Lots and lots of novas I don't know, I guess it's good to meet new people.

Deattaching herself from Connor, she walked up to the girl in the gray and blue outfit. "Hi, I'm Alessa. Nice to meet you." extending a hand to the girl

Originally Posted By: Alessa Neri

Aesira looks at the hand for a moment before looking back to the girl who has offered it.

"Oh! Hi ... I'm Aesira. You are the singer, right?"

Aesira manages a half-smile that somehow does little to marr her child-like demeanor. She reaches out and rapidly pumps Alessa's hand with a good deal of enthusiasm (for someone who apparently knows very little about Alessa).

Originally Posted By: Alessa Neri

Aesira looks at the hand for a moment before looking back to the girl who has offered it.

"Oh! Hi ... I'm Aesira. You are the singer, right?"

Aesira manages a half-smile that somehow does little to marr her child-like demeanor. She reaches out and rapidly pumps Alessa's hand with a good deal of enthusiasm (for someone who apparently knows very little about Alessa).

Connor nods when Alessa speaks to Emerald. "Though I'm sure you're alot better at it than I am."

He looks to Ravenshire and nods. "How're things going with you?"

Seeing Alessa start to make her rounds of the fellow patrons he elects to do the same, smiling as he approaches Hero. "Hero right? I saw you flying around LA during the recovery efforts. You did alot of good work out there."

It was meant to help him recover from the presence of so many beautiful ladies. Connor knew all too well just how easily a look from a woman like Alessa or Kara could make most men do whatever they wanted.

Connor nods when Alessa speaks to Emerald. "Though I'm sure you're alot better at it than I am."

He looks to Ravenshire and nods. "How're things going with you?"

Seeing Alessa start to make her rounds of the fellow patrons he elects to do the same, smiling as he approaches Hero. "Hero right? I saw you flying around LA during the recovery efforts. You did alot of good work out there."

It was meant to help him recover from the presence of so many beautiful ladies. Connor knew all too well just how easily a look from a woman like Alessa or Kara could make most men do whatever they wanted.

"Either or both is fine with me." He replied to Connor, who was trying to handle multiple converastions at one. "It is nothing immediate though, as I am working in a Warren Miller movie about exreme skiing and snowboarding." Leisure was in short demand this time of year. He had to be on a flight to Chile in 48 hours. "We just spent a week in Nepal filming some extreme skiing of K2."

"Anyways, If they have something that is risky, or involves speed. You know, typical adrenaline junky stuff. I am willing to look into it."

He looked around as Mech finished making his introductions. He would have time after the movie to discuss these matters with Connor more. Righ now, though, he was captivated by the beauty of the women. It was enough to drive any man insane.

Whn Mech finished speaking to Hero, Adrenaline picked up the conversation. "People spoke well of you as they came north in California. I sort of got trapped doing riot control in the refugee camps up the state a little ways."

"Either or both is fine with me." He replied to Connor, who was trying to handle multiple converastions at one. "It is nothing immediate though, as I am working in a Warren Miller movie about exreme skiing and snowboarding." Leisure was in short demand this time of year. He had to be on a flight to Chile in 48 hours. "We just spent a week in Nepal filming some extreme skiing of K2."

"Anyways, If they have something that is risky, or involves speed. You know, typical adrenaline junky stuff. I am willing to look into it."

He looked around as Mech finished making his introductions. He would have time after the movie to discuss these matters with Connor more. Righ now, though, he was captivated by the beauty of the women. It was enough to drive any man insane.

Whn Mech finished speaking to Hero, Adrenaline picked up the conversation. "People spoke well of you as they came north in California. I sort of got trapped doing riot control in the refugee camps up the state a little ways."

Connor chuckles. "I played forklift and debris removal for the better part of two months as a Gundam. I think I had the easier job on that. The people were glad to see all the relief workers but I know they were not always like that. A sixty foot giant robot is simply not made to interact with human-sized bretheren with any precision."

He nods to Adrenaline. "I'll see what I can do."

Connor chuckles. "I played forklift and debris removal for the better part of two months as a Gundam. I think I had the easier job on that. The people were glad to see all the relief workers but I know they were not always like that. A sixty foot giant robot is simply not made to interact with human-sized bretheren with any precision."

He nods to Adrenaline. "I'll see what I can do."

"Huh ... Oh wow, thanks, Mech ... Adrenaline. I like to think of it as helping out my neighbors. That's really what I'm doing. I don't see how I could have done anything else."

"Still, you two are famous, or getting that way. Adrenaline, you're like a Native Son. Heck, I can get an Adrenaline T-shirt on half a dozen street corners in Inglewood."

He seems to think about that for a second then adds,

"I sure hope you are getting some royalties for that. I'm not sure how legals many of those operators are."

Looking to Mech,

"And someone sent a bunch of your action figures over and now there are Gundam battles all over the west side and Compton. The kids really need toys like that."

"If you guys ever want to come back, I'm sure you will get a bigger welcome than Pax."

Hero seems to be a real fan, but a bigger fan of his hometown.

"Huh ... Oh wow, thanks, Mech ... Adrenaline. I like to think of it as helping out my neighbors. That's really what I'm doing. I don't see how I could have done anything else."

"Still, you two are famous, or getting that way. Adrenaline, you're like a Native Son. Heck, I can get an Adrenaline T-shirt on half a dozen street corners in Inglewood."

He seems to think about that for a second then adds,

"I sure hope you are getting some royalties for that. I'm not sure how legals many of those operators are."

Looking to Mech,

"And someone sent a bunch of your action figures over and now there are Gundam battles all over the west side and Compton. The kids really need toys like that."

"If you guys ever want to come back, I'm sure you will get a bigger welcome than Pax."

Hero seems to be a real fan, but a bigger fan of his hometown.

Kara grinned at Emerald's eagerness, wondering if it were hiding another offer. "Sure, thing, sugar," Kara said with her trademark drawl. "If I can think of anything I need that you can help with, I'll contact you. Gotta a card, or will I need to hunt you down later?"

Medianoche's kiss on her palm made her wet her lips a little. "The Starless Night?" she murmured, catching his green eyes and holding them. "I'll have to see that sometime."

By the time Kara had gotten around to Hero, his converasion with Conner had a break in it. Joining the loose circle, she listens quietly, enjoying the company of peers.

Overhead, the lights went out before flashing three times and turning back on. At the same time, soft chimes were heard. "Oops!" Kara said. "That's the signal for the beginning of the show.

[OOC: I'll have the movie start Tuesday after I get off work, to give you guys time to wrap up conversations and get seats.]

Kara grinned at Emerald's eagerness, wondering if it were hiding another offer. "Sure, thing, sugar," Kara said with her trademark drawl. "If I can think of anything I need that you can help with, I'll contact you. Gotta a card, or will I need to hunt you down later?"

Medianoche's kiss on her palm made her wet her lips a little. "The Starless Night?" she murmured, catching his green eyes and holding them. "I'll have to see that sometime."

By the time Kara had gotten around to Hero, his converasion with Conner had a break in it. Joining the loose circle, she listens quietly, enjoying the company of peers.

Overhead, the lights went out before flashing three times and turning back on. At the same time, soft chimes were heard. "Oops!" Kara said. "That's the signal for the beginning of the show.

[OOC: I'll have the movie start Tuesday after I get off work, to give you guys time to wrap up conversations and get seats.]

He looks at Kara and taks his cue from her. "It looks like it is starting then." Adrenaline says to Hero and Conner. As he moves towards the seating area, he nods to the young woman, Emerald and extends his arm for her to take it. "Shall we?"

He looks at Kara and taks his cue from her. "It looks like it is starting then." Adrenaline says to Hero and Conner. As he moves towards the seating area, he nods to the young woman, Emerald and extends his arm for her to take it. "Shall we?"

The best part about being a shapeshifter is that you can look like anything you want. As a chamelion of substance, you can become what you touch. For the Changeling, it was the best of both worlds. Surprisingly, he had been spending more time tinkering for his 'other employer', than actually changing form and substance.

On this night in particular however, he had to see a movie premier that starred his friend, Kara. He mentioned several months ago that he would try to be there, and tonight he was fulfilling that promise. But unlike some of the others in attendance, he had to keep his profile more discreet. The media made at least one of his employers, nervous. It was that sort of grief that the Changeling wanted to avoid.

Arriving several hours early, he preceeded all of the crowds. Miraculously, he was able to sneak through an open window, which suspiciously looked to have been left open. Once inside, he settled down into a seat in the balcony waiting for the crowds to arrive. Occasionally, an usher or other theater personnel would make a walk through, and Zachary made sure that he was unseen. An easy task when dealing with baselines.

As the crowds began to enter the seating area, Changeling ozzed over the ledge and onto the carpet where he reformed himself. An astonished usher turned white and then backed out of the doors and into the lobby. It was best to stay inside the seated area because of the large numbers of press outside. After the movie, he would give the press their 'pound of flesh' if need be.

He sat in one of the aisle seats near the entrance to the lobby. Kara would see him when she came in. At least he hoped she would.

The best part about being a shapeshifter is that you can look like anything you want. As a chamelion of substance, you can become what you touch. For the Changeling, it was the best of both worlds. Surprisingly, he had been spending more time tinkering for his 'other employer', than actually changing form and substance.

On this night in particular however, he had to see a movie premier that starred his friend, Kara. He mentioned several months ago that he would try to be there, and tonight he was fulfilling that promise. But unlike some of the others in attendance, he had to keep his profile more discreet. The media made at least one of his employers, nervous. It was that sort of grief that the Changeling wanted to avoid.

Arriving several hours early, he preceeded all of the crowds. Miraculously, he was able to sneak through an open window, which suspiciously looked to have been left open. Once inside, he settled down into a seat in the balcony waiting for the crowds to arrive. Occasionally, an usher or other theater personnel would make a walk through, and Zachary made sure that he was unseen. An easy task when dealing with baselines.

As the crowds began to enter the seating area, Changeling ozzed over the ledge and onto the carpet where he reformed himself. An astonished usher turned white and then backed out of the doors and into the lobby. It was best to stay inside the seated area because of the large numbers of press outside. After the movie, he would give the press their 'pound of flesh' if need be.

He sat in one of the aisle seats near the entrance to the lobby. Kara would see him when she came in. At least he hoped she would.

[OOC: I plan to post up scenes from the movie. Please bear with me; this will take time, given my schedule. I'll try to have the next done by Sunday at the latest. Feel free to comment.]

The lights dim and the credits immediately roll. There appear to be no previews for this release, which makes sense as it is an independent production. Soft, ambient music begins while a gray background fills the screen. Onto this background flash images of ropes, cords, even knotted panty hose. The audience realized that these weren’t just inanimate objects, but devices with which one could kill.

The fade up comes upon a woman walking alone. She seems like she might be a victim, from the way they’re filming and lighting her, but it’s Kara’s character. She’s probably not going to get killed immediately. The reason for her impractical dress is apparent; she meets with a man at a restaurant. The actor appears to be an older version of Mech. They kiss and make a bit of couple sweet-talk. They’re living together, and about to be married; his name is Allen, hers is Susan. Just as they’re about to sit down, her phone rings. “Can you let it go, this once?” he asks softly.

“Sorry, work,” she replies apologetically. She answers; the audience doesn’t hear what is said, but her face falls and she looks at her boyfriend guiltily.

Scene shift to a crime scene. Susan is crouched next to a body; the light is drawing out her eyes, making them pop in the dark, grimy alley. “I was on a date,” she grumps to no one in particular.

“So was I,” another detective says.

She looks at his jeans and flannel shirt and grins. “What were you guys doing, lumberjacking?”

“Ha, ha,” the detective snorts. “We were watching a movie.” He looks glumly at the body, a young woman dressed for club-dancing but now sprawled on the dirty concrete. “I wish I were there now.”

“Don’t we all,” Susan sighs.

A man approaches; he’s a beat cop and he looks nervous. “Detective Miller?” he asks, looking from one to another.

“That’s me,” Susan says, standing and offering her hand. “What can I do for you, Officer?”

“Can I talk to you?” He’s incredibly nervous. Susan glances at the other detective who shrugs.

“Sure,” Susan replies, stepping away from the body. Once they’re out of earshot, she asks, “What can I do for you?”

“I think it’s a nova,” he says.

She frowned and peered at him. “What is a nova, the victim?” She turns back, ready to take another look at the woman when he stops her.

“No, the killer,” he says. “He’s a nova.” He looks tense, ready for her to reject him or laugh.

Susan nods. “Ok, it’s a theory. Convince me.”

He draws a deep breath and says, “The placement of the bodies. It’s the same.”

“We know that,” Susan answers. “A lot of killers arrange their victims the same way, every time.”

“No, they’re exactly. Here.” As Susan watches, he pulls a handful of papers out. “I traced these from the crime scene photos, when I had the chance. I had noticed that the positions were really similar. But I have perfect memory, and I started to realize that they were exactly the same, every time, every scene.” He’s smoothed the papers together and holds them up to the light. The camera moves to show that they see: the lines all mixed into one form, like if they were all drawn by the same hand.

“A baseline could do that,” Susan said, but the doubt and excitement in her voice are clear.

“Not this perfectly,” the cop insists. “Not every time, with her being the same distances, her hair being the same. Everything perfect.”

Susan nods. “We’ll consider it. What’s your name?”

“Doug Hauser,” he replies eagerly.

“Thanks, Officer Hauser. I appreciate the tip,” Susan says, taking the papers.

“Well… I was hoping. I’m trying to get my detective shield-”

“You want on the case,” Susan cuts him off before it gets too awkward.

“Yeah,” he nods.

“I’ll talk to my supervisor,” Susan says, “but no promises.”

[OOC: I plan to post up scenes from the movie. Please bear with me; this will take time, given my schedule. I'll try to have the next done by Sunday at the latest. Feel free to comment.]

The lights dim and the credits immediately roll. There appear to be no previews for this release, which makes sense as it is an independent production. Soft, ambient music begins while a gray background fills the screen. Onto this background flash images of ropes, cords, even knotted panty hose. The audience realized that these weren’t just inanimate objects, but devices with which one could kill.

The fade up comes upon a woman walking alone. She seems like she might be a victim, from the way they’re filming and lighting her, but it’s Kara’s character. She’s probably not going to get killed immediately. The reason for her impractical dress is apparent; she meets with a man at a restaurant. The actor appears to be an older version of Mech. They kiss and make a bit of couple sweet-talk. They’re living together, and about to be married; his name is Allen, hers is Susan. Just as they’re about to sit down, her phone rings. “Can you let it go, this once?” he asks softly.

“Sorry, work,” she replies apologetically. She answers; the audience doesn’t hear what is said, but her face falls and she looks at her boyfriend guiltily.

Scene shift to a crime scene. Susan is crouched next to a body; the light is drawing out her eyes, making them pop in the dark, grimy alley. “I was on a date,” she grumps to no one in particular.

“So was I,” another detective says.

She looks at his jeans and flannel shirt and grins. “What were you guys doing, lumberjacking?”

“Ha, ha,” the detective snorts. “We were watching a movie.” He looks glumly at the body, a young woman dressed for club-dancing but now sprawled on the dirty concrete. “I wish I were there now.”

“Don’t we all,” Susan sighs.

A man approaches; he’s a beat cop and he looks nervous. “Detective Miller?” he asks, looking from one to another.

“That’s me,” Susan says, standing and offering her hand. “What can I do for you, Officer?”

“Can I talk to you?” He’s incredibly nervous. Susan glances at the other detective who shrugs.

“Sure,” Susan replies, stepping away from the body. Once they’re out of earshot, she asks, “What can I do for you?”

“I think it’s a nova,” he says.

She frowned and peered at him. “What is a nova, the victim?” She turns back, ready to take another look at the woman when he stops her.

“No, the killer,” he says. “He’s a nova.” He looks tense, ready for her to reject him or laugh.

Susan nods. “Ok, it’s a theory. Convince me.”

He draws a deep breath and says, “The placement of the bodies. It’s the same.”

“We know that,” Susan answers. “A lot of killers arrange their victims the same way, every time.”

“No, they’re exactly. Here.” As Susan watches, he pulls a handful of papers out. “I traced these from the crime scene photos, when I had the chance. I had noticed that the positions were really similar. But I have perfect memory, and I started to realize that they were exactly the same, every time, every scene.” He’s smoothed the papers together and holds them up to the light. The camera moves to show that they see: the lines all mixed into one form, like if they were all drawn by the same hand.

“A baseline could do that,” Susan said, but the doubt and excitement in her voice are clear.

“Not this perfectly,” the cop insists. “Not every time, with her being the same distances, her hair being the same. Everything perfect.”

Susan nods. “We’ll consider it. What’s your name?”

“Doug Hauser,” he replies eagerly.

“Thanks, Officer Hauser. I appreciate the tip,” Susan says, taking the papers.

“Well… I was hoping. I’m trying to get my detective shield-”

“You want on the case,” Susan cuts him off before it gets too awkward.

“Yeah,” he nods.

“I’ll talk to my supervisor,” Susan says, “but no promises.”

The lab scene is short but gruesome. The camera doesn't linger much on the corpse itself, but the reactions of the people are fantastic. "She was strangled," the ME confirms. "That's the offical cause of death."

"What was used to strangle this one?" Susan asked, her face half-obscured by a mask.

"Mmm... something fibrous," the ME replied, his pasty face meeting hers over the table. "We'll have lab work done on it to see what it is."

"Good," Susan said, pulling off her mask with one last grimace at the dead woman. "Send me the report when you have it."

She went home and cuddled with her fiance. "It's bad," he muttered as she lay across his chest; earlier sex was implied by their postures and reactions.

"Hmm?" Susan asked, moving her head so that she could look at him.

"The case is bad. You have the million yard stare... even during sex," he said.

She winced. "Sorry, I'm bringing it home again," she says regretfully.

"You can't help it," Allen says, but his voice and face are frustrated. It only worses when the phone rings. Susan curses but answers. acThere'd been another murder, and Susan stands over another corpse. "That's five," someone unhelpfully says.

"I can fucking count," Susan snaps. She doesn't bother to apologize, because she's too busy staring at another dead woman.

"Is it the same position and everything?" Hauser asks. He is still in his uniform; until he earned his badge, he'd have to wear the blues.

"You tell me," Susan mutters, rubbing her face. "You have the memory for this."

Hauser swallows and stares, then nods. "I think so."

"Think?" Susan asks sharply.

"Yeah," Hauser shoots back. "I'm not a nova."

"Is that an excuse?" Susan replies. "When you retire a sargent, will the cold self-comfort be, 'because I never erupted?'"

He glares at her and says tightly, "As near as I can tell, the position is exactly the same, Detective."

"Good, thank you," Susan says. Hauser starts away, but she says, "All I ask is your best, officer."

He frowns at her and leaves the scene.

The lab scene is short but gruesome. The camera doesn't linger much on the corpse itself, but the reactions of the people are fantastic. "She was strangled," the ME confirms. "That's the offical cause of death."

"What was used to strangle this one?" Susan asked, her face half-obscured by a mask.

"Mmm... something fibrous," the ME replied, his pasty face meeting hers over the table. "We'll have lab work done on it to see what it is."

"Good," Susan said, pulling off her mask with one last grimace at the dead woman. "Send me the report when you have it."

She went home and cuddled with her fiance. "It's bad," he muttered as she lay across his chest; earlier sex was implied by their postures and reactions.

"Hmm?" Susan asked, moving her head so that she could look at him.

"The case is bad. You have the million yard stare... even during sex," he said.

She winced. "Sorry, I'm bringing it home again," she says regretfully.

"You can't help it," Allen says, but his voice and face are frustrated. It only worses when the phone rings. Susan curses but answers. acThere'd been another murder, and Susan stands over another corpse. "That's five," someone unhelpfully says.

"I can fucking count," Susan snaps. She doesn't bother to apologize, because she's too busy staring at another dead woman.

"Is it the same position and everything?" Hauser asks. He is still in his uniform; until he earned his badge, he'd have to wear the blues.

"You tell me," Susan mutters, rubbing her face. "You have the memory for this."

Hauser swallows and stares, then nods. "I think so."

"Think?" Susan asks sharply.

"Yeah," Hauser shoots back. "I'm not a nova."

"Is that an excuse?" Susan replies. "When you retire a sargent, will the cold self-comfort be, 'because I never erupted?'"

He glares at her and says tightly, "As near as I can tell, the position is exactly the same, Detective."

"Good, thank you," Susan says. Hauser starts away, but she says, "All I ask is your best, officer."

He frowns at her and leaves the scene.

Archived