Adventure! RPG: Dark Tidings - [Fiction] Keeping up with the Abels

Dawn OOC

"Not most things," Daphne admitted, glancing up. "Just... the... succubi." She pointed over their heads, to the stars glowing above them. "What those?"

She was entranced by the twinkling spots in the darkness over their heads. In Hell, the burning flames had dampened any stars that might have been visible from the ground, and as a child, she'd had a passing interest in the cosmos. Now, as an adult who was not distracted by ice cream or any other childish delights, the stars were something new, vibrant and beautiful.

Marion has the grace to turn red, though she can't help but laugh a scandalized laugh into her hand too. Hugging succubi. Oh boy. She'd let that go without clarification, at least for now.

Fortunately Daphne's attention wandered to something more interesting to her...and Marion smiled as she walked to her side to look up as well.

"Those are the stars, Daphne. They're beautiful, aren't they?"

Marion has the grace to turn red, though she can't help but laugh a scandalized laugh into her hand too. Hugging succubi. Oh boy. She'd let that go without clarification, at least for now.

Fortunately Daphne's attention wandered to something more interesting to her...and Marion smiled as she walked to her side to look up as well.

"Those are the stars, Daphne. They're beautiful, aren't they?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Hidden, back home," she said, studying the twinkling lights. "Not so bright. Saw once, when the flames low once." She drew in a deep breath of chilly air. "Smells good here. Nice... clean maybe? Clean right word?"

She was a little homesick, staring at the too-clean sky and the too-bright stars. It was beautiful, but it wasn't her home, where she'd lived for almost three-quarters of her life. Daphne watched the beauty of Earth and wished she were back in Hell.

Spot thrust his nose under her hand and she remembered why they'd ended up here in the first place. It was safer here for Spot, and she put away her selfish desires. She looked down the side of the ship, toward the prow and saw lights in the darkness. "Oo! What that?" she exclaimed, pointing at Abel Island.

[OOC: So, I was in chat today, and Jameson started to ask if our fiction is done or not. And I said, "No, I think we're waiting on Ben." And Max said, "Weeellllll... Ben and I are waiting on you. And I was like, "Um... er... blush" Sorry about the long delay!]

"That," Ben said, pride welling in his voice, "Is our home. We call it Abel Island. Our great-grandfather built it almost a century ago, using the money he'd earned from gold and silver mining, and our family have called it our home ever since."

Ben turned to Dawn. "And, I hope, where you will call home, Daphne."

Daphne looked at the island, then down at Spot. Kneeling next to him, she asked in One Tongue, "We become pack here, with these people?"

Spot whined and licked her face, filling her nose with his familiar sulfar scent and scouring the pores on her face. She giggled and sank her fingers into his fur, knowing that this was as close as he came to saying yes. "Yes," she said in English, looking up at Ben and Marion. "Yes, Spot and me join your pack."

Archived