Aberrant RPG - The Shape of things.

El'Jinn Uu

• 2 weeks later...

ST call. Shapeshift lets you use appearance alteration and possibly Mr. Nobody, both of which can hide low level physical type aberrations (Appearance alteration for things like aberrant eyes and Mr. Nobody for things like Bulging Muscles).

Also in one game I play in the ST allows you to transform physical aberrations by expending a success per each.

Thanks V. I kinda was woundering if it worked that way. It's how I'd been ST'n it, till I saw Mr. Troll say SS couldn't cover it up.

New Question though. I couldn't find any mentions, in any of the Books, that this same power (Shape Shift) kept from allowing the allocation of dots (from successes) toward Body Morph.

◄I've never had issue allowing for this, as it is a costly/wasteful use of SS, and offers no real benifits to Said Shape Shifter when just taking, lets say, decity decrease (Or any power offered through BM), on it's own is just as easy.

I like everyone to have unique' versions of each power (Customed with Flaws & Merits, but No min-MAXING), as this IS the feel for Aberrant, so I generally allow this, excepty when it KILLs the RP mood.►

Still, that said, Is there a rule preventing The allocation of success dots towards Body Morph.

Again its an ST call. I have had different ST's give different parameters for shapeshift. Mostly they go with the books suggestion that you cant change into energy forms. You could shapeshift into something that looked like metal or bodymorph into metal. Im not sure there is any difference save that I have always felt that all bodymorphs should automatically come with 2 levels in disperesed organs bodymod, while in SS you would have to pay a success or two for the priveledge

I find that opening a new browser window fixes the loading lag times.

And the disperesed organs thing just makes sense. it doesnt affect game balance because the only time its available is while bodymorphed and its mechanical benefit is pretty much people cant take higher difficulty shots to try and damage your vital organs. Which if you are made of solid earth or metal or just gas or energy..you wouldnt have anyways...

Archived