Aberrant RPG - A Soak Question

Raven

Dunno if this one's been asked, but how long does Soak work for? In other words, if everybody's attacking one guy at once, does his soak apply for each attack or just for the total of the damage?

We're going back and forth on this one, help!

Grand Master is right.

Several instances exist where you would calculate multiple soaks on a single attack. If someone with Invulnerability (Fire) is punched by someone with Immolate (fire) and Mega-Strength 3. You would calculate the soaks for each part of the attack separately. This of course could be a house rule as well. A lot of these 'odd' situations depend on the ST.

Not exactly on toppic, but I figured the main question had been answered, and this was about soak tobegin with. In our games we have Nova soak as a flat deductable, and baseline soak as a rolled factor (as per WoD). Would you consider this something not to big to do as a house rule?

It seems kind of cumbersome to have two different rules for soak in one game...and I don't see what it adds, really. Baseline soak will already be really low to nonexistent unless they have armor, and I don't think there's any reason for armor soak to be treated differently than nova soak...

Just my thoughts.

Baselines already get no soak against lethal attacks, and their bashing soak is very low against any of the nova offense attacks.

Rolling their soak reduces it even further... but it's already so close to zero that I don't see it as game altering.

• 2 months later...

This is something that just racks my brain. Let's say I got a Stam 5 and Mega Stam 5. That's a starting soak of 5B/2L

Mega Stam 1 you get +1B/+1L

Mega Stam 2 you get +2B/+1L

Mega Stam 3 you get +3B/+2L

Mega Stam 4 you get +4B/+2L

Mega Stam 5 you get +5B/+3L

So that would be a soak 10B/5L opposed to a soak of 20B/12L? Is there something that I missed in the book that says these don't stack with each other? Or should it be read that each new level of Mega Stam replaces the previous level?

Each new level replaces the previous one. Otherwise why would any one bother buying Armour etc when you could get a heap of Soak from buying M-Sta, especially if you then took Resilience to double it!

10B/5L is correct for Sta 5 + M-Sta 5.

Although with Resilience (x1 or 2) you get to boost that quite a bit.... smile

Archived