Adventure! RPG: Dark Tidings - Prologue: Darkness Falls

jameson (ST)

"Spot good boy!" Daphne protested, bending down to wrap her arms around her pet. The coat fell open dangerously as she did so. The hellhound looked pleased at the attention, his glowing green eyes narrowing in pleasure as she scratched his fur. "We pack. We be fine - no need taking in," she added with complete confidence.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catori listened to what the white men were saying. She agreed with Marion that Daphne needed guidance but at the same she marvelled at the little girls resolve and take on life. She had managed to survive against all odds in a place most brave men would have failed.

"She has proven to be of strong spirit and mind. If it is only for her pet you could claim it to be a strange breed never seen before. He seems to be her friend. You cannot seperate them.", Catori kneeled down to face Daphne and smiled at her.

Marion looks away angrily. Not angry because she didn't want to help Daphne. Angry because she was just -sure- that Fitzroy had some clause or bylaw that said he'd get what should have been Daphne's. And then he had the gall to suggest SHE should take her in!

But she was going to...she'd helped make this happen, even if only in a fairly small way. She shared responsibility, and she would pay her share of it. And more than that, Daphne, still a child in so many ways, needed help.

"Of course I will," she replies to Fitzroy curtly. "I trust you'll handle the necessary arrangements with the police then."

Turning away, she stalks back to where Catori and Daphne and Janos are...not far away, it turns out. "Daphne," she says in a kindly tone, "are you ready to go?"

Fitzroy only nods, "The Society appreciates your dedication and we will do what we can to assist you. Now if you will excuse me I need to make arrangements to deal with our ... situation." Fitzroy bows slightly to the ladies and offers Janos a strong handshake before moving off leaving Daphne to be cared for and reeducated by Marion and, presumably, Catori and Jonos.

Mr. Slate winces as Arch shakes the box but the lack of so much as even a quiet rattle or thud and he calms down. Inspecting the box he can find no latch, stud, or keyhole. "I'm afraid I don't know how to open this any more than you appear to. Of course I suppose that may be why Mr. Strakovski was coming here in the first place. Either way I belive it best to remit this chest to your care Benjamin, and yours as well Archibald. Should you succeed in determining its contents or its purpose I would of course be interested. Now if you will excuse me. Miss. Gentelemen." He shakes their hands and moves off to talk to some other members leaving the three of them staring confused at the box.

Archived