Adventure! RPG - Nemesis Background

Avenger

I'm right there with you Avenger. Nemesis as a background would be the inverse of Allies, creating a list of baddies who hate your guts, or one supreme villain who is your arch-enemy.

Other favorites of mine are items like Gadget and Sanctum. I get to have cool swag like rayguns and rocketpacks _and_ a secret headquarters?! Overload, pleasure overload!

^_^

-Defender.

The developper posted on RPGnet and explained it...

Seems you add your nemesis bg to your dicepool when fighting your nemesis (and vice versa), therefore this will allows for huge dicepools...

In other words, breathtaking exchange of lightning fast blows (splitting dicepool every which way) and incredible actions that shouldn't be possible (HUGE dicepools).

It's supposed to also help you have 'auto-answer' jab when you speak to him (i.e. The ST has to have the nemisis say something to which you can answer a snappy answer you already have prepared.).

Defender, my fuckin' komrade, you read my mind. ^_^ I get an underground volcano lair, a huge-as-fuck-all death ray AND I get to foil the plans of the nefarious Baron Von Pipedreamin!!! I couldn't possibly care less about Exalted anymore!

Incidentally, we've got two of the Hunter creeds covered between us. Something tells me we'll never find a nova named 'The Innocent', though.

--@venger

------------------

Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired.

Quote:
Originally posted by Winter_Heart:
Seems you add your nemesis bg to your dicepool when fighting your nemesis (and vice versa), therefore this will allows for huge dicepools...

In other words, breathtaking exchange of lightning fast blows (splitting dicepool every which way) and incredible actions that shouldn't be possible (HUGE dicepools).

It's supposed to also help you have 'auto-answer' jab when you speak to him (i.e. The ST has to have the nemisis say something to which you can answer a snappy answer you already have prepared.).

I'm sorry, but this sounds, so goddamn cool. I swear, if I had transportation, I'd be at my RPG store right now preordering...

Brilliant, Simply Brilliant! Finally, something from WW that reminds me why I got into their games oh so long ago. This means means I'm gonna have to put the only two gaming shops under surveillance again.....Zounds, Louis and Fernando can be so unreliable times! wink.gif

surveillance? I told them i get a copy or the place burns down. I even said I'd pay for and THEN read it.

After they got their jaws off the floor, the started asking quite a bit about it and the Aeon-verse in general. I now have 3 more converts.

Actually, the guy who owns both hobby shops runs an Aberrant game every other Tuesday out of one of his shops. I have been invited to join in on the fun so next Tuesday I'm going to check it out. I doubt I will have to threaten him to get Adventure! in, but it might be fun just to see his reaction. biggrin.gif

The Nemesis background does *not* provide the ability to make good answers against your villain's speeches.

This is a misinterpretation of what Greg Stolze said. It is, in fact, a Wits score above 3 which affords you the chance to drop devastatingly witty replies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree wholley on this part. Having an arch rival like Captain America and the Red Skull is simply iceing on the cake. Being able to tailor a sidekick in this game like Captain America & Bucky/Batman & Robin is almost too good to be true. I love this freaking game!

Adventure! for life!!

• 10 months later...

The thing about Nemisis is that it can make the whole party suffer, not just the lucky guy (or girl) that gets it.

I heard about a 7th Seas game were the party finally handed the offending PC to his nemesis, just to be done with it.

It's one of those things where in any RPG you are going to have an antagonist in the series. This allows you to have a personal connection to the villian and then gives you some added muscle against them.

I just like it because you know that the player will enjoy the villian's appearance in the game, and that it will immediatly bring more to the game than something the ST created..