Changeling-Earth 2: Freehold Earth - OOC Talk -- Around the Campfire

Dawn OOC

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Groovy. I have two ideas competing in my head for space.

1) Rich gal from Earth who flees to the Colonies because she dislikes the lifestyle of wealth; specifically the trivialization of accomplishments in the face of social connection. Among high society, it's not what you do that matters, it's who you know. Beliving she wants to make it or break it by her own hand, she learns enough of a tradeskill (something earthy, like mechanics) to qualify for the colonization expedition and sets out. Under other circumstances, the odds are high that her urge to work for a living would have withered and died after a while of actually doing it. That was not to be in this case.

The durance is simple enough. She's taken by the Heechees not because she's good at what she does...but because she looks pretty. She becomes an ornament; the thing she most wished not to be on Earth...taken to a literal extreme only possible among the alien.

2) In many ways the opposite! This character is seeking a direction; hating her dead end job, she wants to live her dreams before it's too late. Trying to redefine herself, she joins the colonization expedition, hoping that she'll find a host of new opportunities and possibilities once there. But ALAS!

Her durance is also simple. Her dreams are taken from her...literally. She loses the capacity to have them. Sleep comes as a closing of eyes and an opening of eyes...the time in between lost forever to oblivion. The only moments of solace come from harvesting the dreams others have, and appropriating them for herself.

Mechanically, character 1 is Fairest, and character 2 is Darkling (though not of the kith that the other darkling is). I feel a little more pull towards 2...but I like 1 a lot too, and I don't want to tread on the toes of the other darkling.

Thoughts?

Both of these character will fit very well into the game; I don't see the need for one over the other. We don't have an engineer/mechanic-type yet, and you'll have a lot of work if you choose that (which you could pick as #2's skillset if you wished). I don't think that the other Darkling will object to a second Darkling, as you appear to be headed different directions.

Unless the other players have additional comments, that's all I've got.

When thinking of changeling merits, some revolve around concepts I'm not sure will be included...like the Hedge and so on.

Are there any other broad game ideas that will be absent from this campaign as Masks are absent?

No. Masks are the only thing out. The Hedge is around, as the really wild parts of the planet (as the PCs will find out). I'm incorporating everything else into the game. And it all fits surprisingly well.

• 2 weeks later...

My Schedule for this weekend:

Saturday, I'll probably be around my computer intermittantly, so send me PMs if you wish. It's a double LARP game, but I'm thinking about sitting out one (I run the other, so I have to do it) due to general apathy, so I might be around from 12 to 6. Then I may be back at the computer at 1 am, which is technically...

Sunday, when I'll be helping a friend move. frown I probably won't be around until the evening, but if this goes like it did last time I helped this friend move, it will be late evening. Thankfully, I have...

Monday, which I'm taking off from work. Depending on my recovery needs (moving sucks, especially when it's a family of four), may be around a lot or not at all.

But there is what the next couple of days look like for me. I'll update as I can, though I hope I can move it forward a good bit by the time I go to sleepy-land tonight.

Rochelle and Helena, you trial in the Hedge (i.e., the woods) is over. The flier will take you back to the Manifest; please assume that you arrive in whatever condition you want to arrive in, be that aware or unconscious. You can post about this, but you're going to get swept up into something else almost immediately, so keep that in mind (that last applies to all).

Helena, you are unconscious with 1 level of Lethal (hoof) and 1 of bashing (getting knocked around); I left you unconscious, but you can certainly wake up. Rochelle, you have 2 levels of Lethal (club) and four bashing (crashing and falling and ankle) and are awake, though hurting and exhausted.

For everyone else: tomorrow, I will move things forward. The current activites will be wrapped (if you don't do that yourself) by me and we'll start day two.

Thanks for what you've all done so far - I've been having a lot of fun!

This has been a blast so far. smile

Out of curiosity, were we taken to the MedBay, or the Dorms, so I can get in a post before everything starts up? I'm assuming Helena's probably still pretty much out, unless someone wakes her- more from mental and emotional exhaustion than physical trauma.

Helena, feel free to be woken up as you land at the Rescue Area. I'm going to have a meeting called soon, and I'd like the PCs to be there to hear it. Also, I want to see Helena's reaction to Lee's capture. grin

Sorry, I should've been more specific! blush Which of the Rescue Zones am I posting in at this point? Or, would you prefer I posted in the main "Manifest Destiny" thread? I don't mean to be difficult. I just want to make sure I've got Helena in the right place.

If you mean to go to the meeting, go to the Mess. You can land, and have people direct you to the meeting, if Helena feels up to it.

Tonight after my game, I'll officially post the gathering for the meeting, but people can feel free to move there on their own, and be a bit early.

That's up to you, IC and OOC. The importance of the meeting is being stressed, and your injuries are not critical (mostly bashing). If you wanted to head to the Medbay, no one's going to tell you no. The meeting is where the heavy shit will get dropped, and the folks know it (and know how bad it will be).

In short, if Rochelle fells up to going, she gets the impression that she should. smile

With Harper cussing at people at people every time she doesn't agree with them it's no wonder they don't trust her. Part of me thinks she deserves a linching...

Buuuuut I'll save her... it's the Bristow way.

Good man, good man. As a note, it's not entirely her fault; the dice failed her big time, and she's been under the gun for a week longer than you guys, after dealing with a crash that was worse than yours simply because they didn't have a forward ship of people come to help them.

I'll no longer be talking about the Changeling game in the chat room except privately. There are things that are being said OOC in the chat room that are ending up in IC posts verbatim, I do not think that is right.

So anyone with concerns please PM them to me either in the forums or in the chat room.

Originally Posted By: Adam Bristow
I'll no longer be talking about the Changeling game in the chat room except privately. There are things that are being said OOC in the chat room that are ending up in IC posts verbatim, I do not think that is right.

So anyone with concerns please PM them to me either in the forums or in the chat room.

This is exactly the kind of divisive bullshit that I hate seeing, because it ruins relationships and games. Reven, please PM your specific concerns to me and I will do what I can to resolve this to your satisfaction. And yes, that includes talking to the player(s) you have issues with. I can’t do anything with what you’ve given me, because I don’t have a fucking clue to what you’re referring.

That goes for anything in my games. If you have a problem, so do I, but I don’t ignore or avoid problems – I fix them. So this will get fixed.

In the future, don’t make announcements like this. All statements like this do is poke at the problem without solving it and make those uninvolved wonder if they fucked up accidently and you’re referring to them.

As a note, I was already grumpy, and this kind of wankery doesn’t help. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m channeling Seph a little this morning. If I don’t seem my usual cheerful self, it’s because I’m not. Anger at your own peril.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, assuming anyone still reads this topic smile

I've got a new character hopefully starting up here, Dawn's got the stats and I've just about got the background, so I'm wondering what I should post where to start things off?

Since I'm coming in after the rest of you have been captured and escaped, I'm assuming that I'll also have escaped around the same time. Given that should I start off posting in Manifest Destiny etc like the rest of you did or just start off wherever Dawn wants us to after the escape, which seems to be the Goblin Market?

For those who might be interested before I get the dossier or whatever posted he was a security type, but an outdoor/doghandler one, with some driving/technician skills for good measure (Dawn did say to multi-skill as an asset to the colony). So although he could have come into contact with anyone from Manifest through his security work, it would be more likely with outdoor type people. Being security he has also got a bit of First Aid type medical skills.

Anyway, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Rorx
Hi Dawn any chance of a Craft and/or Occult roll to try to figure out how to get Roach out?

Yes. Do a craft first, then occult. Feel free to roll yourself, either in Beta chat (with a witness please, which I'd be happy to do) or at InvisibleCastle.com. Post the results in the post. Or I can roll for you, if you'd prefer.

Originally Posted By: Alex OOC
It's understandable as I've been gone, but I think you've skipped over me, Dawn.

Ok, I will check on that. I don't remember, obviously. smile

• 4 weeks later...

Archived