Aberrant: In the Beginning - Titan Omega

Titan Omega

Quote:
"Hi!" Kristy said cheerfully, "I'm gonna be a Tremere, I guess, what do you want to be?"

The round cheeked boy sitting next to her glared at Adam.

"I don't think he plays. But, if he does, he's obviously antitribu, and the Tremere antitribu was wiped out last year. He'll have to sit out this game. Sorry."

Kristy stifled a laugh. The hair on the back of Adam's neck stood up as he felt bare toes on his ankle. Kristy smiled across the table at him enigmatically.

"You're right, he is definitely antitribu." Her foot traced a path up his leg, tickling his calf. Adam felt a stirring in his shorts. Today was definitely a good day.

Adam smiled back at Kristy in that shy kind of way he always got around her.

"Tremere huh? Well it's too bad I can't play. I was going to ask who wanted me to sketch their character..."

Quote:
Titan! Titan, help!

Adam scrunched his face as if a fly had just buzzed his ear but he quicky recovered.

"...anyways that's cool." he said nonchalantly. "I just remembered I was supposed to meet up with Mr. Nakamura to go over our science project today."
He got up grabbing half his sandwhich off the plate. He turned to Kristy,

"Just wanted to tell you I'm not grounded anymore, and that you are invited for dinner...I'll catch up with you later okay?" He squeezed her shoulder confidently as he began to walk away.

"Have fun with the Tremere!" he shouted over his shoulder.

As soon as he found a place where he would be hidden from sight, Adam flexed that new "muscle" in his mind, willing the Titan to come out.

Someone needs our help...

And in an instant, he was gone...

((Down 4 QP 22 Points remaining))

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly local this time. Titan found himself in San Francisco, hovering above the main branch of the Bank of California. As usual, Titan arrived right in the middle of things, a ring of police cars surrounding the building. SWAT was forming up for an attack at the right corner of the building, and news reporters gathered behind the police tape. Looked like a robbery, probably hostages inside.

Down on the ground, one of the police, an older man, was waving Titan down. As he came in to land, the officer called to him.

"Titan, thanks for coming. We have a situation. We think there are five of them, and they have between 20 and 30 hostages, including bank personnel. Still, we wouldn't normally ask a civilian to get involved, but the perpetrators seem to be Novas. One guy, we've seen shadowed through the windows, is huge. What do you think?"

Fairly local this time. Titan found himself in San Francisco, hovering above the main branch of the Bank of California. As usual, Titan arrived right in the middle of things, a ring of police cars surrounding the building. SWAT was forming up for an attack at the right corner of the building, and news reporters gathered behind the police tape. Looked like a robbery, probably hostages inside.

Down on the ground, one of the police, an older man, was waving Titan down. As he came in to land, the officer called to him.

"Titan, thanks for coming. We have a situation. We think there are five of them, and they have between 20 and 30 hostages, including bank personnel. Still, we wouldn't normally ask a civilian to get involved, but the perpetrators seem to be Novas. One guy, we've seen shadowed through the windows, is huge. What do you think?"

At first, all Titan could hear was the muffled sobs of the hostages, their cluster of heartbeats, and shallow, nasal breathing. Then a strange sound...

click click click click....click click - in the main lobby, with the hostages. Also in the room:

clack clack... clack clack... clack clack

The sounds seemed like metal tapping on tile, quickly.

In the rear area of the bank, Titan heard:

bd-zheeeet, ka-tung.... bd-zheeeet, ka-tung Something heavy, with hydrolics. Also in the rear:

zzzZZZzzzZZZZzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZ Much more recognizable, a high powered drill against metal. Finally, he heard:

gzhegunggzhegunggzhegunggzhegung This one, however, was coming from about 20 feet under the bank.

After spenind gseveral moments in concentration, eyes closed, the Titan turned toward the comparitively diminuitive peace oficer.

"Excuse me Officer..."

"Sheffield."

"Officer Sheffield, do we have the city plans for this area? I believe they may be planning a subterranean escape. Have the robbers made any demands? If so, I'd suggest going along with them. If we let them think they are home free it will be easier to take them down, and they won't be able to take 30 hostages with them..."

Officer Sheffield nodded quickly.

"We've got someone digging them out over at Planning and Development. Don't know how long it will take though. Demands? No, not that I know of. We responded to the silent alarm, and found the door barred. S.O.P is to call S.W.A.T.... and they are about to flash-bang." He pointed at the squad approaching the bank door.

"That may endanger the hostages." the Titan says quickly. "If we let them go we can still capture them and recover their ill-gotten gains..."

Watching the S.W.A.T. team in their leapfrogging advance he adds. "If we are indeed dealing with an empowered enemy, it is going to endanger the lives of your men as well..."

"Of course." the Titan agrees. "Let me check one more thing..." he concentrates again for a moment before getting a look of surprise on his face.

"Officer Sheffield...there are no Novus present in this building. That certainly changes my approach but how does it affect yours? Would you still like me to assist or do I leave it in the hands of San Francisco's finest...?

Sheffield looks surprised.

"Well something is going on in there. The shape I saw wasn't any ordinary human, and that's a fact. Maybe... maybe your sniffer or whatever is steering you wrong?"

Officer Sheffield nods firmly.

"Absolutely. I don't want anyone hurt, and word is, you handle these things pretty well. Oh, but you better hurry."

He points at the SWAT team. The leader is giving the 'Cut it' sign, a finger across the throat. They are poised to break down the door.

Titan nods his consent. "Let's do it."

Titan wills his muscles to fuel with power, just in case. Carefully pinpointing the location of the hostages through their breathing and pulse rates, the Titan Omega finds the best spot to make his entrance without hurting any of the inncoent people trapped inside.

An instant after the lights are killed and the first gas canisters hit the floor of the bank lobby Titan smashes through one of it's reinforced concrete walls. He sends out an invisible pulse, locating the shapes obscured by the thickening gas and picking out any that seem larger, nova-like or are carrying weapons.

((5 QP to Irresistable Force, Using Sonar inside. 16 QP remaining Anyone who has seen the Dark Knight knows how cool sonar is...:) )

Titan is taken aback for a moment, as his Sonar reveals several non-human shapes in the bank. On the counter, a spider shaped metal mechanism with a telescoping rod coming out of the center, with a waldo at the end holding a submachine gun. Roaming the floor among the hostages, a vaguely humanoid shape on two spiked legs that moved insectlike, carrying a metal torso with a single glass lens in the center. Attached to the arms of this... robot, are two barrels for some sort of weapon.

The S.W.A.T. team rushes in the front door. Both mechs turn at this threat, and weapons come up.

Titan's accelerated mind kicks into high gear, analyazing the situation.

At least now they are targeting the men with riot gear instead of unprotected hostages. Spider has a submachinegun, known properties. Humanoid's armament unknown. Not going to risk the S.W.A.T. or the civies. No choice...Two bot's with one stone...

With blinding speed, Titan Omega flies into the face of the humanoid robot, blocking it's line of fire to the policemen. Crushing his fingers around the chest sensor Titan attempts to throw it into the spider on the counter.

The rounds from the humanoid robot's arm-mounted gun shatter as they hit Titan Omega's chest. He forces his way to the mech, and grasps its chest sensor. The spider bot is firing on the S.W.A.T. team, and they are taking cover near the door. One cop was hit, but in the chest, where his Kevlar absorbed most of the impact. He had to take out that bot.

He threw the humanoid robot at the spider on the counter. It struck sparks, it hit so hard. Both mechs tumbled off the counter, and into the teller area. The S.W.A.T. team immediately surrounded the hostages, and began to usher them out of the bank.

Titan could hear the scuttling of the metal limbs on the tile, behind the counter. Down, but not out, it seemed.

Titan flew up in a flash, and dropped hard with all his speed and weight, attempting to land on the droids and crush them through the floor. He could still hear something underground and he wasn't going to let these guard bots distract him and let the bad guy get away.

((Hyperflight slam, full Mega Str + Irresistable force. adds + 10 damage for purposes of knockback (in this case directly into the ground for immediate extra damage) and Mega Str 8 for the purposes of blasting through the floor.))

Titan lands squarely on the tangled machines as they try to scuttle away. They are no match for his bulk and strength. They crush easily beneath his weight. More, he propels them, and himself, through the floor of the bank.

Driving through the earth, towards the sound of tunnelling that he hears, Titan feels the two mechs twist and shred under his feet. He breaks through into an open tunnel. Behind him, the machine looks reassuringly familiar. It is a drilling machine, the main body a vaguely rectangular vehicle with a cone-shaped nose lined with spinning bits. A second later, Titan realizes that he has never actually seen such a thing outside of comic books and sci-fi movies. There is no one driving it, it seems automated. It continues drilling, about 3 feet a second. Fast little bugger.

Satified by the crunchy metal that was formerly a threat safely ground beneath his heel Adam takes stock of the tunnel.

As I suspected... he thinks regarding the tunnel boring machine.

Better check on the vault...easy enough to catch up with this one in a sec...

Titan flies back up through the hole in the floor he just created and makes his way to investigate the drilling sound he can still hear coming from the main vault.

He flies through the tunnel, first horizontal then straight up. He comes up out of the hole, in the rear of the bank. In front of him, some crazy contraption is attached to the front of the vault. The drilling sound is coming from it, but as he watches, the drilling stops. A waldoe extrudes from the contraption, and spins the lock wheel. The vault begins to open.

Titan moves forward, to stop the weird contraption. Out of the corner of his eye, he catches sight of what looks like a Harley Davidson motorcycle. He starts to turn his head, and catches a tire across the face. A glancing blow, but floating in the air doesn't give a lot of traction. He flies across the room, and slams into the wall of the bank. He sees the huge robot, the torso made from a Harley, the legs seem to be hydrolics from some industrial vehicle. It lumbers towards him.

"Ugh!" Titan flies back as he eats rubber.

Of course it doesn't really hurt, but getting wheelied in the head tends to be shocking the first time it happens to you. Lunging for the harley he attempts a repeat of his previous maneuver, throwing it into the drilling droid so that both of them smash the vault door closed, preventing them from entering.

His throw succeeds in smashing the drilling droid into the vault, and closing the vault. The larger robot, however, rises up from the ground, shivers once, and attempts to open the vault.

Titan clinches the motorcycle robot's torso, and feels it easily bend under his massive arms, then the critical point was reached, and it crushes. As he lets it drop to the floor of the bank, the S.W.A.T. team charged into the back room to secure the area.

The immediate threats neutralized, Adam flies out to meet with Officer Sheffield. Floating a foot off the ground, his cape billowing in the breeze, the behemoth cuts an imposing and heroic figure. Truly larger than life.

"They weren't Novas but robots...looked like they had been kitbashed together from spare parts. That means that someone is controlling them by remote and should be in the area. There is a drilling machine undrerground heading that way." The Titan indicates the direction. Give me a moment and I will see if I can locate the signal source.

((Use radio scan to try and find the tranmission frequency.))

After casting about for a bit, T.O. was able to pinpoint the frequency being used and determine the direction from which it came. He began following the transmission. It took him north. After just a few moments he arrived at a rundown building in downtown San Francisco. Inside he could hear the sounds of metal against metal, and a man humming 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' under his breath. Aside from the transmission, a peculiar humming sound was being emitted.

His radio coming to life, Officer Sheffiled is surprised to hear the Titan's voice comming through on the official channel.

-"I've tracked the signal source to a location in the Tenderloin, near the intersection of Turk and Taylor. Would you like me to wait until your units can surround the buidling or shall I engage now? It's your case and your call Officer. I'm just here to help."-

Adam was pleased with himself, having had to construct a suitably heroic character and "voice" to match his imposing exterior.

Titan hears over the radio waves:

"Er... if there is no sign of overt action, do not engage. I say again, DO NOT ENGAGE. We are sending units your way."

Inside the house, the humming of the Britney Spears song abruptly stops. The unusual humming noise, however, gets more intense. Suddenly, bursting through the roof of the house, a man encased in metal rises up through the air to attack Titan.

As he gets closer, T.O. can see that it is not, in fact, a man, but an android. An honest to God android. Crudely welded, and obviously unfinished, but it seems to work fine as far as he can tell. It's metal body is black iron, and Titan can just tell that a punch from that thing will pack a wallop. Dr. Mad Scientist Guy must have been monitoring police frequencies. Oh well, when has this gig ever been easy so far?

To make matters worse, Titan realizes that lunch period is over... he's gonna be late for Civics class.

Aw crap!

-"Sorry Chief, no can do, the situation just got hostile!"-

I don't have time for this shit! Adam thought with growing frustration

Charging his muscles with even more power, Titan does an aerobatic backflip, effectively attempting to flash-kick the robotic monstrosity into orbit.

((Another 5 juice to Irresistable Force (10 juice on IF so far). Total of 17 juice spent. 9 remaining. With an arial strike that should give him a total knockback rating of...54! I am assuming we are using the cinematic option for knockback in my post.))

Titan flips, and his feet catch the android perfectly in the chest. It flies up, and up, until even the Titan has trouble making out where it went. He looks down at the house. The front door has banged open, and an old man, wispy white hair and curly white beard, dressed in striped pajamas and a stained robe is aiming the biggest effing gun that Adam has ever seen, right at Titan.

"You sonofawhore! I'll kill you, you bastard!"

He fires, and a circle of green plasma rushes up at the Titan Omega.

Adam almost laughed when he saw the man running out of the building, he looked so iconically the part of the mad scientist. Why don't they ever shave? Apparently the whole 'Mad' part of it meant an utter disregard to personal grooming habits...

Oh well, no time to mess about now. Adam attempts to dodge as best he can. If he is able to avoid being hit, he makes a mad dash down to the old man and attempts to disarm him of his uber-canon. How the decrepit old man could even lift the thing was beyond him. If he should be struck full force by the green plasma, he will do his best to roll with the hit, gritting his teeth and attempting to disarm the man as quickly as possible at his next opportunity before anyone else gets hurt.

• 1 month later...

Adam dodges the plasma bolt with room to spare. He is next to the old man in a flash. He snatches the weapon out of the old man's hands with ease. He hears sirens approaching.

The old man reaches out suddenly, and grasps Titan Omega's arm. His eyes are full of tears, and he gropes with his other hand under the grimy robe. He looks unbelieving up in Titan's face, then shifts his gaze to the sky.

"Household...," he begins, dropping to one knee. His grip slips until he is holding Adam's wrist. He gasps, "...Helper."

Suddenly, Adam notices that the man is gripping the left side of his chest under the robe. As the wailing sirens get closer, the old man lets go of his wrist and collapses slowly onto the grass.

• 3 weeks later...

With quickness and grace, Adam-the-Titan catches the old man in mid-fall. Cradling him in one arm, he contacts the police force over their channel, using his hyperfrequency ability.

*The suspect has collapsed, likely due to cardiac arrest. I will fly him to the nearest hospital while you cordone off the crime scene and investigate the equipment he has here. Of note are a prototype plasma weapon and the transmitter he was using to control the robots. I banished one of his attack droids into far orbit but beware, there may be further traps...*

And with that, Titan attunes the fading ancient inventor and flies with all speed toward the nearest emegency room. Much to the shock and awe of nearly everyone at the triage center, TO appears instantly with his corresponding blast of wind.

"This man has collapsed from suspected cardiac arrest, pulse negative. He requires immediate attention," The Titan booms as he lays the man onto the nearest gurney. To the police officer on duty at the ER, he adds, "He is also the prime suspect in an ongoing robbery investigation. Please see that he is kept under guard and watched."

• 4 months later...

Most of the orderlies in the ER are frozen in disbelief at the appearance and overwhelming presence of the towering Titan Omega. A young man in scrubs snaps out of it though and barks, "You heard him people! Move it! Get him to an IC unit NOW!"

The gurney is whisked away, its uneven wheel clacking against the tiled hospital floor as it goes.

The duty officer manages to recover from his shock and lifts his walkie-talkie to his mouth. It sounds like he's mumbling, though Titan's acute ears easily pick out that he's merely identifying himself and radioing in the situation. The radio clicks and hisses, and replies.

"Uh...Mr...Titan," the officer says haltingly, "They're sending a detail here right away, and I'll watch him until they get here. The, uh, the detective at the scene says he needs a statement from you...if you'd go back..." He coughs embarrassedly. "Please."

"Certainly Officer," the Titan says with a gleaming smile. "You're a credit to your department, thank you for keeping order here."

And, with a gust of wind, he is gone. Moments later he is back at the scene of the crime and immediately seeks out Officer Sheffield.

"Greetings again Officer!" Titan greets the man of the Shield with his usual flamboyance, floating in the air and cape flapping in the San Francisco breeze.

"The perpetrator of this crime suffered a heart attack...he was quite elderly and possibly mad. Tell me, were you able to stop the drilling machine?"

Officer Sheffield is there, sure enough, flanked by a pair of other people out of uniform but wearing badges. Detectives. Other officers in uniform are clearing curious kids out of the crime scene and putting up the distinctive yellow CRIME SCENE ribbon.

Sheffield nods at Titan and gestures at him. "There he is, hey Titan!" He breaks away from the detectives and jogs over. They follow at a more sedate pace.

"Yeah, it stopped once you left, and we managed to get a team into it...last I heard they're carting it off to the impound."

This apparently tickled him, because he grinned widely. "Doesn't that beat all? We get this...giant drill, and all we can do it impound it like a three time parking infraction!"

One of the detectives cleared his throat, then said, "I'm Detective Paul Mack. This is my partner, Detective Ernest Belzer."

Ernest nodded. "Ernie's fine."

Paul was a tall, black man with short, tightly curled hair and a no-nonsense demeanor. He was fairly slender in build, reminding Titan vaguely of Denzel Washington. Ernie was shorter and squatter, white with thick Mediterranean eyebrows.

"We're in charge of this case," Paul noted. "We'll need you to give a report of what happened here."

Ernie stepped in, squinting, and asked, "Now, you're saying that the guy who lives in this house was behind the bank robbery? Do you have anything to back that up, Mr..."

"It's Titan," Officer Sheffield said. "Titan Omega."

The two detectives glanced dubiously at each other, then up at Titan.

"Mr Titan," Ernie finished.

"Of course Detectives." the Titan boomed.

"At aproximately 12:46 pm Pacific Standard time, I responded to a distress call from Officer Sheffield here. Arriving on the scene moments later I was informed that a robbery was taking place and that there were hostages inside. Officer Sheffield and his men had spotted large forms within that they suspected were Novus, and having read about my recent intervention in a similar heist in Japan, thought it wise to call in backup."

He paused letting the men finish jotting that part down in their notebooks.

"At 12:50 the breach was signaled. I entered through the roof ahead of the S.W.A.T. team only to discover that the robbery in progress was being conducted not by men, but by kitbashed robotic automotons. They opened fire upon us but were quickly disabled without injury to hostage or peace officer. Two more were preparing to enter the vault and I dispatched them as well. The remains are present for your examination and Officer Sheffield tells me that the automated tunneling device has been impounded as well."

"As for evidence, one of my abilities allows me to detect radio frequencies. I managed to isolate the transmission the robots were receiveing and trace it back to it's source, a tenement flat located at the intersection of Taylor and Turk. I called in the location immediately but before backup could arrive, yet another android attacked, smashing through the roof of the flat. It is currently damaged and floating somewhere in far Earth orbit."

"Mere moments later, the suspect emerged from his house, clearly irate and wielding some sort of concentrated plasma weapon. I disarmed the man who then seized up in apparent cardiac arrest. The plasma weapon is currently in the care of your officers on the scene and I flew the man to S.F. general where is being treated in the emergency room, also under guard. I am certain that you will find his radio frequency broadcast equipment in his workshop."

"And that is all I know Gentleman. Do you have any other questions? My intervention here has currently made me late for an important meeting..."

The two detectives glanced speculatively at each other, and Paul took the lead.

"All right Titan, that'll do for now. Let me just get some contact information in case we have more questions? And here's me and Ernie's cards, in case you remember anything you want to tell us."

He held up a pair of business cards with the police shield on them and gave Titan Omega an expectant look.

The larger than life hero smiled, a mix of both sincereity and a coy wisdom. He takes both cards between two massive fingers and studies them a moment, memorizing the numbers easily and then handing them back to their respective owners. His humor fades but does not disappear within a measure of frank seriousness.

"Apologies gentlemenm but my civilian identity must remain secret, lest harm befall those I care about. Rest assured however that I am here to protect all the good people's of Earth. If ever you are truly in need, I will hear and do all that is in my power to be of service."

Adam floated down to the ground, reaching out his mighty hand to shake each of theirs in turn.

"Even with my gifts however, I cannot be everywhere at once. The world as we know it would not last long without your unending commitment to law and order. Thank you gentlemen."

Rising into the air, slowly at first, he adds in flawless French, "Bon jour, bonne santé et adieu."

The blue and golden clad bohemoth quickly gains speed, a vision of beauty and ascendancy. When he is but a speck in the sky he turns on the juice and the men on the ground witness the massive circular shockwave that forms in his wake. A few moments later and the sonic boom washes over them, a lingering echo of a living legend.

Click to reveal..
Spend 2 QP on teleport, 7 QP remaining.

Adam arrived in a flash to the secret location he had been using for his impomrtu transformations while at the surrogate school. The rear of the old boiler room was dark and dusty, large clouds billowing as he swooped inside like a flash of lightning.

Adam listened intently, making sure he was truly alone save for the squeaking of mice within the walls. Satisfied that it was so, he willed his emergence and the impossibly perfect heroic flesh of his alter ego began to bubble and disolve, returning to the quantum ether from whence it came.

Pulling a comb from his back pocket, Adam adjusted his hair and smoothed down his clothes. Listening at the door to make sure the hall seemd clear, Adam cracked it open slowly. The students would be in class but the faculty could be around. He was late.

Archived