Star Wars: The Sith War - A Note on Rolls

Sen. Cruith'ne

Rolls in Posts: This forum has Mods, but it does not have GMs. You do not need to put dice information into your posts. You can if you want to, but unless you are rolling against another player or Mod as antagonist, doing so is effectively masturbating with math. In the Aberrant forums, you don't need to dice off whether your character beats up the Mite thug: you either do or you do not, and if the rest of us sense that you're stretching the boundaries of realism, we cry foul.

OOC Rolls: Several abilities some character have will require the intervention of dice, be it because they are taken against another character or because of some ability that affects the game world (for example, the Noble Class Ability 'Favor'). Within reason - i.e., if you do not need a specific number - you do not need to roll these abilities at all, simply role play them. If, conversely, you need to use the roll to achieve a quantifiable and tangible result, that roll must be handled with your Moderator.

Some Mods may allow you to use an online dice roller. Speaking for myself, I don't. Any such rolls will be made by a request to me. You can ask other Mods to make the roll, but you will also have to ask your Mod, and the Mod who gets to it first gets first crack.

Rolls Between Players: Let me make it clear that Player Consent is still an integral component of this forum. You may not kill, damage, or steal from another player's character unless you have that player's permission or unless both players have agreed to relinquish consent during a specific interval. If that's the case, all relevant Mods must be informed and all players involved must abide by the rules they have set to resolve the conflict. If you don't trust online dice rollers or your fellow players, either, then don't use them, and don't get disappointed when a conflict doesn't turn out the way you hoped.

Archived