Aberrant: In the Beginning - Table Talk- In the Beginning

Titan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I copied and pasted my last PMs with important content to you and Titan now. I hope that helps. Will take that into consideration for future PMs and I suggest you guys do the same and include yourselves in any PM you should write (Titan sent me one without adding you).

I hope for an update tomorrow smile

Ok, I checked here after I had added your PMs about NP expenditure to my PMs to Fox...and the wheel keeps turning round. We'll get our stuff together sooner or later.

Michael- Node of three gives you automatic taint of 1, four gives you 2 taint, and five gives you 3...unless I'm wrong (checks book) nope, I'm right. p143 of the core rulebook.

Katalyst- Everything is now available to you, all backgrounds, powers, megastats, whatever you can afford...

I will be updating tonight, my kids are asleep and the entire evening stretches before me...

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Heh, Fang had such a nice, quiet little eruption. laugh
Yah, Healing was always going to be public; Or at least what I was going to do with it was going to be public... as a Gov employee Rich is used to the idea that the Gov is our friend.

Elemental Mastery Radioactives on the other hand is, and should be, extremely public. I already have a couple of business plans...

I'm under the impression that all players here must've been waiting for such a game and now that its finally on everyone contributes what has long been ghosting in our minds... but that's just my impression wink

Originally Posted By: Michael Peters
I know I've had my character idea for a long time. We have such a huge variety of characters, I cant wait till we start to interact.

Also, Joani, how do you do colors in your post? I'm not that web-savvy.

When you click "switch to Full Reply screen" there are nifty little buttons to enhance your post. Among those are different colors.

Originally Posted By: Michael Peters
I must say, I am really impressed by the quality of the writing I've seen from my fellow players and by Titan. The characters and the world is really coming together beautifully.

To you all: Fantastic work!

Thanks your doing Fantastic work yourself!

Hey, I'm ready and willing to jump in and help out Titan. I've found myself just a bit intimidated on stepping in to what has already been started though. Been a little afraid to post for fear of taking things in a direction that wasn't planned. Titan is also eager for me to take some of the load off him. So to make that happen, I'd like to ask for you to send me an idea of where you would like to go with your eruption, especially if there is something that you have already discussed with Titan, that way I don't feel like I'm going to mess something up that you might already have planned out.

I am also going with the flow...

Titan suggested Juno might be taken to a doctor's for examination, which I think could lead to humorous results...and could also attract attention to get her involved with other PC's.

I have created a thread called Æon. If and when you attend the luncheon in London, I will call for your story to continue in this thread. Post whatever you like, descriptions, conversations, thoughts... If I feel that you err, I will edit, and PM you about it... no worries, though, have fun!

I will continue to have guests arrive, until all the players who want to attend are here. Keep that in mind as you post, please.

BTW, for those who care, the time is around 11am London time. The day is bright and sunny, rare for a London spring.

Eufiber: no. I hadn't thought about having Adrenocillin or Moxinoquantanamine yet either, but it's possible that some smart guys at Æon already have come up with it (Since they already have access to at least 3 pre- N Day novas that we know about, and probably more), and you will not ever catch me contradicting Fox in public wink

Also, there has been some confusion. You will know when to post in the Æon thread. I am not fast-forwarding your story to get you there without you knowing how you got there(except Wes, and not knowing how he got there is kind of the point). Assume that the events in your personal threads are prior to the events that are starting in that one, and when you catch up, you will arrive... right on time. Going to try to get several more of you there today. NOTICE: I will NOT force you to go to the luncheon if you do not want to go. That being said, you will not be doctored on if you do not want to be if you do decide to attend. This is a ST device to allow the characters to meet, it is NOT me forcing you to choose allegiance or pushing a specific type of story on your character. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO ATTEND, PM ME OR FOX SO THAT WE DON'T SEND YOU THERE. I have tried to give everyone (even to some degree, Nathan) the opportunity to say no if they want to.

Things are gonna start popping now...

a total of 15, so far. I will be moving your plot forward tonight, and if there is a reason, I will give you more. Based on what I'm looking at, you will be a somewhat late attendee...

Hmmmm... I thought that the Utopia sourcebook gave a date and circumstance for Dr. Balmers eruption. I think it was post N-Day. There are only a few pre N-Day Nova's. Maxwell Mercer, Divis Mal, Cestus Pax (apparently. I didnt know he was pre N-Day). Maybe Psyche? That T2M/Proteus Psy-user? She seems pretty powerful. Oh! And maybe that Aberrant leader, Sofia Rousseau!

I'm just thinking out loud here...

Divis split with Aeon back in the 40's... so they had access to him for only 20+ years. Then there's Pax.

I think Balmer erupted on or shortly after N-Day and got so powerful by buying things tainted. Right now he'd be Q5 or a baseline.

Psyche is powerful but only because most novas and all baselines don't have any mental defenses. I see no reason why she has (or needs) Q6+ or decades of experience.

Sofia is probably another pre-N-day type and Q6+ but I'm not sure Aeon has access to her... although they might have in the past.

Max Mercer is (as far as we can tell) not a nova.

But the real killer is Max. With future knowledge Aeon could build Mox with Mega-Int and be told how to do it in the past. Ditto the sterility stuff. Ditto the locations of erupting novas, etc.

For that matter, ignore the novas. Adventure Builds (which Aeon does have access to) have several Mad Scientist packages.

I'm pretty sure Max isn't classified as a nova. I think he was left intentionally vague as to what he was.

As for Adrenocillian and Mox, yeah, I figure Aeon Society was prepared for this eventuality, after all they were ready for Shelby to 'publicly erupt' and to gather everyone in. Eufiber on the other hand is a specific creation by a single nova and that hasn't happened yet.

Archived