Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - OOC Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a factoid I wanted to bring up about the smell of grapefruit on the plane. This of course doesnt affect what already occured and by the nature of quantum aberrations it could easily bypass the normal way of things. Our sense are designed to tune out constant stimulation. For example if something is touching your skin with a constant rate of pressure, the nerve feeling its touch turn off. Adjust the pressure though even slightly and the sensory nerves fire again. Same thing with smell. If you are subjected to an unpleasent smell, after a few minutes you dont smell it anymore as your sense adapt. I remember this was illustrated quite pungently in middle school when one day water damage to the building left our classroom smeeling strongly of mildew. After a few minutes though, we couldn't smell it anymore.

This also applies to hearing, as when in a quiet room if you turn the sound down, it will eventually sound normal again and not "quiet" and taste. Its why some nutrition experts reccommend eating desert in small amounts a little taste at a time. After the fourth or fifth big moutful of sweetness its not as potent as that first taste.

This lesson in science brought to you by The Fool. Carry on. smile

Just a factoid I wanted to bring up about the smell of grapefruit on the plane. This of course doesnt affect what already occured and by the nature of quantum aberrations it could easily bypass the normal way of things. Our sense are designed to tune out constant stimulation. For example if something is touching your skin with a constant rate of pressure, the nerve feeling its touch turn off. Adjust the pressure though even slightly and the sensory nerves fire again. Same thing with smell. If you are subjected to an unpleasent smell, after a few minutes you dont smell it anymore as your sense adapt. I remember this was illustrated quite pungently in middle school when one day water damage to the building left our classroom smeeling strongly of mildew. After a few minutes though, we couldn't smell it anymore.

This also applies to hearing, as when in a quiet room if you turn the sound down, it will eventually sound normal again and not "quiet" and taste. Its why some nutrition experts reccommend eating desert in small amounts a little taste at a time. After the fourth or fifth big moutful of sweetness its not as potent as that first taste.

This lesson in science brought to you by The Fool. Carry on. smile

I also fudged the science on the Petrified Lightning btw. The image I used was actually palagonite but it came up in a search for fulgerite, the technical term for lightning glass. Fulgerite is normally very ugly as I discoverd, but if Sweet Home Alabama can fudge reality for the sake of the story than I can too... smile

I also fudged the science on the Petrified Lightning btw. The image I used was actually palagonite but it came up in a search for fulgerite, the technical term for lightning glass. Fulgerite is normally very ugly as I discoverd, but if Sweet Home Alabama can fudge reality for the sake of the story than I can too... smile

• 1 month later...

Notice: I will be out of town from Tues the 19th through Thursday the 21st. Camping at the Hot Springs for my birthday! laugh Depending on how far we move down the column this might effect Nodesparks post but maybe not since it looks like the fight may be over before it starts.

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
Looks like Dave brought Bastion back. Are his fics going to be reposted? What about what's her name, his daughter?

Well, as always you're on top of things.

1. His fics were never removed.

2. As Vivi said, he didn't have a daughter, and no she won't be coming back.

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
Well anyways, glad to see you got over whatever it was that made you delete your character in the first place.

I didn't get over anything, the problem still exists believe me. The moderators and I disagreed, I let em have it with both barrels, and they requested I remove my PC from the roster. In that debacle, the fault lies with me.

We were mad, now we ain't, they invited me back. The reason I was asked to leave and things I need to 'get over' are two totally separate monsters.

Quote:
You silly guy you!

WTF is this? This is the most condescending, cheek pinching bullshit I've read in a very long time. I'm not five years old, quit typing like a retard, or at least don't direct it at me.

You actually talk to people that way on the street?

Anyway, yeah, I'm back. Hoorah...

• 6 months later...

I'd like there to be more interest in MCoH. Problem is, with nothing going on I've nothing to use as inspiration. On top of that, my only PC in MCoH, Bastion, is an antagonist and I'm not permitted to play those without someone getting a wild hair up their ass.

Kinda ruins the fun for me to not be able to play the PC the way he was made to be played.

• 2 months later...

As a note, the Terat only lists and so on aren't known outside of the power structure. You can't actually post to it unless you have the appropriate permissions... which Bastion wouldn't have. We'll call this a fluke, yes?

Archived