Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - OOC Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah just to be clear, nobody said it was a secret. Also to be honest there were quite a few people in the chat at the time and several of them knew. I can't recall who first said it was you. I do have one question: why is it a terrible thing if people know who the player is? I wouldn't have used names had I known it was a breach of etiquette. Sorry if I ruined anything for you.

Okay so I have more questions: What is the criteria for joining the fruity 5? What is your intention for this character? Is it going to be slapstick or played straight? I can't quite figure out if the seeds as q-bolt idea is unbelievable or cool as hell. Is it meant just to mock innovative bodymorphs (and elemental masteries as done in chat...) or is it meant to be serious. I really hope we aren't going to start getting a rash of Pastamen and similar because it could quickly wreck the believability of the setting. Im not saying that that is your intention, just that I am a bit wary of this sort of idea.

Yeah just to be clear, nobody said it was a secret. Also to be honest there were quite a few people in the chat at the time and several of them knew. I can't recall who first said it was you. I do have one question: why is it a terrible thing if people know who the player is? I wouldn't have used names had I known it was a breach of etiquette. Sorry if I ruined anything for you.

Okay so I have more questions: What is the criteria for joining the fruity 5? What is your intention for this character? Is it going to be slapstick or played straight? I can't quite figure out if the seeds as q-bolt idea is unbelievable or cool as hell. Is it meant just to mock innovative bodymorphs (and elemental masteries as done in chat...) or is it meant to be serious. I really hope we aren't going to start getting a rash of Pastamen and similar because it could quickly wreck the believability of the setting. Im not saying that that is your intention, just that I am a bit wary of this sort of idea.

At this time I am mulling over in my mind if I want to offer entry into the fruity 5 to some of the people here on the site. As for how I intend to play it you will have to wait and see. Like many ideas of mine it is a living thing and will no doubt evolve as I play through it. Will it be purely serious? Satirical? Silly? Maybe all of those I'm not sure yet.

As for outing who the player of a PC is I'm just disappointed because it prevents me from creating this PC in a vacuum, people will no doubt look at the creation differently knowing from whom it comes from.

At this time I am mulling over in my mind if I want to offer entry into the fruity 5 to some of the people here on the site. As for how I intend to play it you will have to wait and see. Like many ideas of mine it is a living thing and will no doubt evolve as I play through it. Will it be purely serious? Satirical? Silly? Maybe all of those I'm not sure yet.

As for outing who the player of a PC is I'm just disappointed because it prevents me from creating this PC in a vacuum, people will no doubt look at the creation differently knowing from whom it comes from.

*shrugs* It's no less credible, and no more game-breaking in terms of verisimilitude than characters who are already in play. I don't know who Citronic's player is, and I honestly don't care. Yes, it's a rather wacky concept, but whether the player intends to treat the character and his story humorously or seriously, he was approved by the moderators just like everyone else.

*shrugs* It's no less credible, and no more game-breaking in terms of verisimilitude than characters who are already in play. I don't know who Citronic's player is, and I honestly don't care. Yes, it's a rather wacky concept, but whether the player intends to treat the character and his story humorously or seriously, he was approved by the moderators just like everyone else.

So yeah this weekend is busy with both work and social function. I'll resume my usual rate of posting during the week including the party thread. A quick question for Elspeth's player. Is Elspeth herself going to be teleporting people or has she contracted the services of other novas?

Heh. I love it when my work computer can't recognize teleport... smile

So yeah this weekend is busy with both work and social function. I'll resume my usual rate of posting during the week including the party thread. A quick question for Elspeth's player. Is Elspeth herself going to be teleporting people or has she contracted the services of other novas?

Heh. I love it when my work computer can't recognize teleport... smile

Character sheet question for Citronic. You have his bodymorph as including Density Decrease. However under his vitals his Grapefruit form is actually heavier. Which one is in error or is there something I'm not seeing that reconciles the two?

Character sheet question for Citronic. You have his bodymorph as including Density Decrease. However under his vitals his Grapefruit form is actually heavier. Which one is in error or is there something I'm not seeing that reconciles the two?

Hmmm, well looking at 1 dot of DD, it gives you a +1 to dodge and lets you ooze through cracks, albeit slowly. Maybe not the best thing to simulate a solid that is ripe and juicy. As a solid Bodymorph you already get the +1 difficulty to hit you so that helps. Have you considered something like Bounce? I don't especially care what you do with it but mechanically speaking it doesn't seem like the best dot to simulate what you want. No offense intended, just noticing.

Hmmm, well looking at 1 dot of DD, it gives you a +1 to dodge and lets you ooze through cracks, albeit slowly. Maybe not the best thing to simulate a solid that is ripe and juicy. As a solid Bodymorph you already get the +1 difficulty to hit you so that helps. Have you considered something like Bounce? I don't especially care what you do with it but mechanically speaking it doesn't seem like the best dot to simulate what you want. No offense intended, just noticing.

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
After reading your latest post in the plane thread it gave me an idea: Quantum Conversion: Juice! Juice to juice baby! Im thinking maybe 1 Quantum point should get you at least 5 to 10 gallons of ruby red....

Sure, why not. Werewolves and Dragons are 'matter' around here, juice may as well be 'energy'.

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
After reading your latest post in the plane thread it gave me an idea: Quantum Conversion: Juice! Juice to juice baby! Im thinking maybe 1 Quantum point should get you at least 5 to 10 gallons of ruby red....

Sure, why not. Werewolves and Dragons are 'matter' around here, juice may as well be 'energy'.

Archived