Aberrant RPG - Teleportation Questions

Kirby1024

OK, two questions:

1) I have a concept for teleport as follows. The nova in question starts pushing out a "wave" of light, and when the wave reaches it's maximum point, there's a flash and everything within the "wave" teleports to another destination.

Now, I'm thinking teleport with the Area Extra would do this quite nicely, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

2)Now, apart from this teleport, I was also thinking of a second mode, specifically for short-range 'porting. Now, assuming I kept the range of this teleport to around 1km, how many points of weakness would this be, considering teleport doesn't really have a "maximum" range, and if he has two versions of teleport, could I theoretically push those points towards the long-range teleport to decrease the cost of the extra?

Thanks for the help.

Hey Kirby.

Since Teleport doesn't have a maximum defined range, limiting to 1km seems pretty limiting. Ont he other hand, there is still a lot of space within a seingle kilometer for hiding out, etc. I would say it would qualify as a two point limitation. As for what you could do with those points, I don't see why they couldn't be used to buy the other teleport variant. Just my thoughts though. I should mentiont hat i have only read the weakness rules, never used them so I may not have as full an understanding as others do.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hydra:
Hey Kirby.

Since Teleport doesn't have a maximum defined range, limiting to 1km seems pretty limiting. Ont he other hand, there is still a lot of space within a seingle kilometer for hiding out, etc. I would say it would qualify as a two point limitation. As for what you could do with those points, I don't see why they couldn't be used to buy the other teleport variant. Just my thoughts though. I should mentiont hat i have only read the weakness rules, never used them so I may not have as full an understanding as others do.

Actually, I've never really used them either. (which was one of the reasons why I posted this up.

I guess the Limited-Range teleport was supposed to be the "combat" teleport (because I can't see him using the Area Teleport to avoid attacks...). At any rate, I'm open to suggestions, as this is just for my OpNet character's employer (and he shouldn't have these capabilities yet...)

Archived