Star Wars: The Sith War - SWU Q&A Thread

Sen. Cruith'ne

I just want to say, for the record, that I have no -problem- being 2nd level. I just want to make sure I didn't miss a post that changed that.

Sometimes I miss little details like that in the hurly-burly of character making. smile

Originally Posted By: DirtyRottenScoundrel
Originally Posted By: Tala

1. Who says it slipped past?

Nobody, but the alternative is that an obvious disadvantage to the character was put to the mod and was completely ignored and/or not called out to the player. It's actually better if it's a slip as opposed to an intentional ignoring of the fact. Since it apparently wasn't Lily's intention to start at a disadvantage.

Characters are approved, or not, just as they are. The guidelines for creating a character for the SW Game is posted for all players to read. If a character is submitted that is below the starting level then that character may be approved as is.

It's not my, nor any other Moderator's responsibility to hold any player's hand and guide them to the rules thread so that they may read it. If a player fails to do so, and ends up at a disadvantage, then that fault rests soley on the shoulders of the player in question and no one else. At that point a Moderator can discuss the issue with the player and they may come to an agreement.

Originally Posted By: Hyoseph
So, levels? How is xp being handled? Does actual posting activity have anything to do with it or is it basically a flat amount for every character regardless of what they've done during their time?

Still being worked out. The likely solution will involve a flat amount awarded to all players who had a character that participated within the month, and bonus XP awards given out for certain meritorious deeds. I'm also throwing the idea around of a monthly vote by players for XP awards.

If I remember right, the idea was that assuming a May start, the characters would hit lvl 7(and thus open the door for a second character) around mid August.

If I said that, I was on drugs. Nobody's going up four levels in four months. This isn't a TT game. I think the conclusion you're arriving at arose from the seeming conflict of wanting to introduce new characters around August and wanting to introduce new characters once primaries had reached level 7. Obviously, that framework needs serious restructuring.

Of course that assumes just enough xp to gain a level at the end/midpoint, whichever part of the month, and also effectively ensures that there is no way for the secondary chars(which will start at lvl 3 while the primary's are at lvl 7) will never catch up.

Secondary characters aren't meant to "catch up". One of the guiding principles of this forum is that there will always be a tier of characters for players who are new to the forum to interact with.

In much that same vein, how are new characters being handled?
I know it doesn't matter much now, since everyone's lvl 3, but it's something to think about for later, when we're not.

Let's say Brad gets up to lvl 17 and then Karma finally comes after him and squishes him. Is the character that I make to replace him(because a single character death is not going to keep me from playing this game) going to be lvl 3? Lvl 17? Or somewhere in the middle?

Since it hasn't come up yet - and hopefully won't for a while - I hadn't given the idea much thought. Provisionally, I'd be willing to allow new characters to replace ones that have been killed at the rate of one month after the initial character's death at one level less than the previous character. So if Brad dies halfway through lvl 17, another character could be brought in thirty days from the date of his death at the start of lvl 16. Again, though, the other Mods and I haven't discussed it.

• 1 month later...

Archived