Wakinyan

I dunno how many from the mask scene actually come around here but I figure it's worth a discussion even if we don't have any.

Why wear them?

Do you seriously need to keep your identity secret?

A PR device?

Fetish?

All of the above?

I can honestly say I have not once (as of yet anyway) considered wearing one but I see them all the time and it at least has gotten me curious.

"Well, what did the masked nova look like?"

"Honestly Officer, I couldn't tell you. They kept flickering in and out of existance. Its a total mystery!"

"Yep."

Sorry Flicker, but I think the career path "Costumed Vigilante" is Right-Out for you.

Originally Posted By: Dr. Robert White

I do often use a funny mask to cheer up children, but I don't know if that is what you were looking for as an answer.

Dude, why the fuck did I picture John Wayne Gacey when you said that?

For such a good guy you type creepy.

Originally Posted By: VileBill

I do often use a funny mask to cheer up children, but I don't know if that is what you were looking for as an answer.

He's a pediatrician, for crying out loud. Cheering up sick children is an integral part of his job, ya know? I know that our culture finds any adult male interaction with children to be potentially threatening, and creepy, but I think you're overreacting.

Originally Posted By: Flicker
Originally Posted By: VileBill

He's a pediatrician, for crying out loud. Cheering up sick children is an integral part of his job, ya know? I know that our culture finds any adult male interaction with children to be potentially threatening, and creepy, but I think you're overreacting.

Hey, it's more than just that post, little lady. It's a whole bunch of them. Kind of sugar sweet but still kinda cold?

I never cared to wear a mask, myself, but to be honest, if I'd adopted some public nova persona when I was starting out, I probably would have. As it is, I've always just been Henry, so the idea of putting a mask on that seems a little wankerish.

Archived