Scion - Hero / Demigod / God

Hyoseph

I like the idea of how it progresses your characters from scions to demigods to full on gods. I only have the core (Scion) book though, and it looks like it requires alot of work on an STs part to craft the setting to their liking since there is almost no setting material given. This was done by WW to avoid their longstanding complaints about metaplotting. The gist is that its our world but things from myth actually happend...what is myth and what is real is also up to the ST to decide.

I understand in the demigod book they introduced a fictional atlantean pantheon but not enough info to be able to play which pissed people off. Unfortunately the books also have a detailed adventure...but it is written too much with the sample characters in mind so even more work for the ST and I hear they are notoriously difficult to adapt for original PCs, especially at the god level. Its an unfortunate design choice.

However for all its flaws I dig it and was very disapointed after buying the book recently to discover that there is zero online PbP games or sites existing for it.

Hint Hint. grin

So I was excited when I saw the title of this topic!

Archived