Hyoseph

Sir Robin D'Alsace

A newly awakened elder of the Invictus and the Daeva, Sir Robin has attended court for near a year now. Robin often assumes titles of the Invictus or the court without much regard for the gender use of the title, though most accounts place her as female. Her appearance is quite androgynous, and she does not answer to Dame as a Knight of the Invictus. She is usually soft-spoken but quick witted, with the lingering lilt of a French accent to her words. She holds a bi-weekly salon in her home for discussions ranging from history and philosophy to modern politics and technology, and is attended at nearly all times by an attractive young woman, a ghoul that answers to Karol.

She makes no excuse of her antipathy for the Carthian movement, though she is nothing short of perfectly respectful and cordial to the Prince of the city. At her first appearance at court Robin offered her services as a Knight and a Speaker to the Prince and both Regents; she has made no secret that she considered herself quite capable of filling any city positions open or unwanted by their current officers, if asked. She has also offered the her services as an Au Pair of the Invictus for any newly Embraced, newly released, or newly awakened members of the city. Among the Invictus of the city it is known that she is taking on students who wish to become Knights of the Fair Blade, and will also take on students merely interested in the basics of swordplay or etiquette.

In her home she she has a large portrait that hangs in the main parlor room. A plaque at the base of the portrait reads: 'Le Noblesse Chevalier Sir Robin Maryn D'Alsace, Prince du Sang, Chevalier du Royaume'.

knight_by_mistravyn.jpg

OOC Mechanics Knowledge:

Daeva Status 2

Invictus Status 3

Priest Galiana

Clan: Gangrel

Covenant: Lancea Sanctum

Galiana is an old Gangrel who arrived in the city in 2001. She appeared to have recently awoken from torpor, as she seemed unfamiliar with modern technology. In the last seven and a half years, she has made great strides, eventually learning to use the cell phone in the last few months.

Throughout the city, she is known to be a quiet advocate of her covenant, firm but unyielding in the defense of her faith. She seems to have a particular dislike for the Circle of the Crone, but it is not a personal anger.

Galiana's appearance is memorable. She is short and thin, barely reaching two inches past five feet. She is of Hispanic heritage, but what marks her clearly is the scar that transverses her face from right to left, distorting the bridge of her nose and twisting her left cheek along the cheekbone. Galiana always wears black and often wears a hood and face scarf in an attempt to hide the scar from the Kine.

Antoine LaSalle

Clan: Daeva

Covenant: Ordo Dracul (Status *)

Antoine is new to the city having arrived little more than five years ago. Apparently unconcerned with the political maneuvering within the court Antoine spent the first two years integrating himself into the nightlife scene, making friends with the owners of any local nightspot worth visiting and more than a few that were not. He can be found most nights playing drums in various bands ranging in style from Jazz, to rock, to modern metal as well as playing alone or with a few other musicians performing works with a more tribal or "world music" sound.

Personable and friendly Antoine is easy to get along with and when not performing can often be found at bar conversing with strangers and friends alike or out on the dance floor with the most attractive women. A man of striking looks Antoine stands over seven feet tall with broad shoulders and muscular arms. His African American heritage contrasts with the French-Creole and make it clear that he is from Louisiana and very probably New Orleans.

Angelina Rosetti

Mekhet

Ordo Dracul (status 1)

Angie is relatively newly embraced and is still trying to maintain some semblance of her old mortal life. A medical intern at the hospital, she has managed to ensure she gets the wildly unpopular "graveyard duty," which is to say, night shift in the morgue. This is not out of any kind of angst or goth leanings...but because it puts her in a position where her weaknesses as a vampire are minimized (one of the few positions a doctor can have where living blood isn't a constant companion) and, as a bonus, she's found that as a doctor that does autopsies, she's often in a position to see unusual deaths and wounds that could indicate strange goings on. More than once since she was embraced, Angie has gotten a nervous late night call from a vampire who frenzied and didn't erase evidence of his attacks. As such, she's doing relatively well in vampiric terms. She maintains an apartment that's been unobtrusively "vampirized" against daytime intruders and sunlight.

Angie remains firmly committed to the idea of being a doctor, and works hard at the Coils to keep herself from doing harm to others. She hasn't socialized much with other vampires; most of her interactions with them have been on a strictly business basis. She still wrestles with the ethics of covering up for supernatural predators, but knows little would be accomplished by trying to expose them. If she's seen evidence that other supernaturals are in town, she's not telling anyone about them either.

Rabbi David Berg

Apparent age: 59

Clan: Mekhet

Covenant: Lancea Sanctum(Status 1)

Rabbi David Berg has long been a fixture in the local Jewish community. He was originally a Rabbi in a small, relatively unknown synagogue. However, he soon became known due to a public access show shown on the local religious television station. Once his name began to be recognized, he left his small temple and became the Rabbi at one of the largest congregations in the region. He continued with his TV show, a simple Q & A style program explaining several facets of Judaism. His recent transition from Living to Undead has been less of a hinderance than he would have thought, since services he presides over are traditionally evening services which start at sundown.

Rabbi Berg is a quiet, self-assured man of small stature, being 5'6" tall. He is thin and in good shape for a man of his advanced age. His hair is black shot through with white streaks. His eyes are the color of a cloudless sky. He always wears a dark suit, white shirt, and some variety of bow-tie. Under his suit jacket, he traditionally wears a fringed vest. On his head he wears a white yarmulka. He seems to be perpetually amused by something near-by.

mug_RabbiGellman-thumb7.jpg

Adrian Moss

Apparent Age: Late teens

Mekhet (Status 0)

Ordo Dracul (Status 0)

Not much is known about the Mekhet known as Adrian Moss. He is new to the city, having arrived only a few months ago. There are rumors that he serves another vampire, his sire Bernard Vickers. What is easily known about him is that he is a creature of the current age. He is slender, leaning toward gauntness, with black hair and brown eyes – hardly anyone spectacular. He is quiet, but has an inquisitive nature.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7624/ashefa3.jpg

Ashe

Clan: Gangrel

Covenant: Ordo Dracul (Status 1)

Hound of the Sheriff (City Status 1)

Ashe arrived with Antoine LaSalle and frequently hangs out in the same clubs he performs. Sometimes she even performs herself as a singer preferring Modern and Alternative Metal to Jazz or Rock. Ashe's appearance and style of clothing is in stark contrast to her overall behaviour. She looks relatively frail and petite with long brown hair and hazel eyes. Her faces features make her spanish heritage obvious. Her style of clothing varies greatly from exclusive evening dresses to ripped stonewashed jeans and tank tops revealing her bare midriff. Her behaviour ranges from calm and reclusive to direct and offensive - depending on her own mood and what serves her best. Besides that Ashe seems quite ambitious for a Gangrel.

...and here we go...

Samuel Hill

Name: Samuel Hill

Clan: Ventrue (Malkovian)

Covenant: Carthian

Embrace: 1955

Apparent Age: mid-20s

Quote: [strikes heroic pose] "Time to sink the mighty fangs of righteousness into the jugular of evil!"

Character Sheet w/ Creation/XP Log

---

Ah yes, I remember the night I received my powers! It was back in the golden days of 1955, in the bustling metropolis of Chicago. Ah, the Windy City, crown gem of the Great Lakes....

Oh right, the story! Well, I was making my way home one night after a winning round with the bowling league, and decided to take a short cut through Wunders Cemetary - yes, the one with the commanding view of grand old Wrigley Field. So I'm making my way through, and just then I see a motley band of hooligans terrorizing some poor woman. As I made my way closer, I could see that these miscreants had apparently robbed a church earlier in the evening; they brandished heavy crosses and had backed the poor damsel up against a tombstone, looking to hit her with their ill-gained bludgeons.

Being the forthright citizen I am, I came upon their number and cleaned the nearest hoodlum's clock with a massive roundhouse to the jaw. Well, before I knew it, the whole bunch was in the fray, fists flying in a frantic frenzy. My days with the college boxing team gave me an edge, but not enough to overcome sheer numbers, and when a heavy silver crucifix took me upside the head, the world went to black.

Still, the day was carried, as I'd given the accosted lady her chance. You can imagine my surprise when I woke in a soft bed, her lovely face looking down upon me with relief and gratitude. Yes, my efforts had given her escape, but so grateful was she that she returned for me later. But more to the point, she gave me a great gift that night with a gentle kiss, so that my valiant heart could be backed by might beyond that of mortal man. That night, she gave me my powers, so that I could sink the mighty fangs of righteousness into the jugular of evil!

And so I have done, night by night, bringing right and truth and good old two-fisted justice into the places where mortals fear to tread, a modern-day Crusader, a superhero unsung but ever vigilant for the cries of the innocent. From city to city I have ventured at the urging of my stalwart companions of the Carthian Movement, working tirelessly to bring the warm light of goodness into the bleak night of villainy, wrapping the blanket of protection around the shivering shoulders of the fearful and handing them the sandwich of charity.

---

Sam Hill is, to put it lightly, an idiot. He's also probably the best-intentioned idiot to ever have received the Embrace... and that only because his Malkovian sire was every bit as mad as he is now.

Sam is a walking relic of a 1950s that never really existed outside of Hollywood and comic books, having largely rewritten his memories of that time to fit the mould of his new "vocation". His vocabulary is rife with quaint terms like "swell" and "golly" and the like, and utterly berift of any colloquialisms crafted after 1965 (not to mention any hint of vulgarity).

Worse, he epitomizes the four-colour superheroes of the popular media at that time: he spouts monologues that would shame Captain Marvel, he poses in "heroic" stances, he sports a smile non-stop, and in general he serves as a massive embarrassment to the Carthian Movement (which continues to suffer his membership either because he's a sticker for following the rules or because he's a handy tool in pointed in the right direction; the real reason isn't clear). In fact, for a brief stint Sam took to trying to wear a costume during his short stay in Denver, and only an incredibly tactful Daeva was able to convince him - in terms heavily couched in comic-book metaphors - that the costume was too likely to compromise his "secret identity" if some "arch-enemy" were to somehow track him, and that street clothes were much safer.

Sam doesn't really consider himself to be a vampire per se. He feeds, of course... but manages to rationalize it in his mind as "attacking criminals" with his "fangs of righteousness", conveniently forgetting the sweet, sweet vitae running down his throat. He's essentially unaware of his disciplines as such, using Obfuscate subconsciously to hide his Beast and thinking of his Vigor and Resiliance as "super-strength" and "superhuman toughness". On some level, some small part of his brain knows very well what he is... but that part is largely crushed beneath the weight of his Malkovian madness that insists that he is a superhero of the night.

Larry Peat

Apparent Age: 25

Clan: Nosferatu

Covenant: Circle of the Crone

Status(Covenant) 3, Status(Clan) 2

Physical description: like all Nosferatu, Larry is fairly noticable - in his case, it's because of the full-body tattoos depicting ships destroyed at sea. It's not quite that they openly move, exactly - but wasn't that a Viking longship on his cheek a few minutes ago? Besides that, he's a small, pale cleanshaven man with short dark hair and blue eyes. Tends to dress out of fashion, has an affinity with paint-splattered flannel shirts.

Larry has been around the 1950s, slowly rising in the Circle ranks. The few people who've talked to him at length about it (such as Rabbi Berg) know that he is a sort of...ghetto Asatru, tending to have a very odd interpretation of his gods antics (Think American Gods, by Neil Gaiman).

Larry's a pretty personable guy despite his clan, trying to get along with as many people as he can, but he does have a temper - most of the time he just expresses it in a subtle, nastily passive-aggressive manner.

He owns a tattoo parlour that's fairly popular with neonates.

• 2 weeks later...

Erik (No Last Name known or given)

Apparent Age: Mid to late 20's, early 30's

Clan: Ventrue

Covenant: Circle of the Crone

Status Clan: 0

Status Covenant: 1

Description: Erik is fairly tall standing around 6'2" with a muscular build. His head is shaved bald and he has piercing blue eyes. He typically wears old rustic style clothing, mostly of soft leather or heavy cloth. His skin is rough and leathery and slightly greyed in areas from long exposure to the elements as a mortal.

Background known publically: Erik showed up in town in the early 80's. Not a whole lot else is known by the general public except that he seems to be very opinionated, but only when asked about the topic.

Background Known to Ventrue: Erik claims to have been embraced by someone named Carin (pronounced Kar-een). It is doubtful anyone has heard of her in the area and he tends not to talk about it much.

Background Known to Circle Members: Erik claims to have been embraced by a messenger of a trio of goddesses and that the power of gods and dragons course through his veins. Whether he is simply delusional or there is some meaning to it has yet to be discovered. Though it is noted he does seem to have some affinity with snakes.

Archived