Aberrant: 200X - Anyone else see this?

Flicker

Originally Posted By: N! News
“Terrible news tonight out from Manhattan. Police and Utopian officials are looking into a bizarre murder that took place in Harlem within an old abandoned church.

Utopian officials claim a homeless man discovered the body of the enigmatic nova known as ‘The Revenant’ earlier this morning. While officials refuse to disclose any details of the crime scene reports to say that he was impaled, through the heart with a stake.

Sources have told us that Utopian novas identified the murder weapon as a stake of pure magnesium. Attached was a sign reading: “Do Not Remove, You’ve Been Warned”.

Scary stuff. We’ll have more for you as the story develops.”

Is this the same guy who's been posting here? This is awful. Does anyone know more about this?

*in shock*

Now, I've got more than my fair share of experience with John Law, admiteddly I was usually the one in cuffs but still, experience is experience.

I don't see them asking a teenager from fucking JAPAN for help in a NYC homicide.

Just a shot in the dark.

Perhaps someone ought to try pulling the stake out, if they're worried that its removal will bring this man back to life? We don't know that he deserved to die, after all, and his next of kin has a right to take possession of his body unless I'm misremembering Yank law.

I admit that I'm not as familiar as I could be with American Law Enforcement techniques, but I am fairly certain that if the stake hasn't been removed already it will be soon, with great care and full accounting made of whatever is discovered by the Doctor performing the autopsy.

The "solid Magnesium" part has me wondering. I mean, it's not like you find that just lying around. Most of the time, it's a magnesium-aluminum alloy. Also, it's one of those "gotta-have" minerals to stay healthy.

So, should we all start avoiding pure Magnesium from now on?

So has anyone heard anything further of this? I can't find anything on the usual news sites.

Edit: Also, all this talk of magnesium stakes and leaving it in or taking it out is creepy and kind of stupid. We're not vampires. There's no such thing. We're novas, and we die just the same as everyone else, right?

Originally Posted By: Flicker
Edit: Also, all this talk of magnesium stakes and leaving it in or taking it out is creepy and kind of stupid. We're not vampires. There's no such thing. We're novas, and we die just the same as everyone else, right?

Someone believes it. I don't. But I'm concerned about idiots running up to me and trying to stake me with magnesium. It just doesn't seem healthy, ya know?

Originally Posted By: Aušrinė
I admit that I'm not as familiar as I could be with American Law Enforcement techniques, but I am fairly certain that if the stake hasn't been removed already it will be soon, with great care and full accounting made of whatever is discovered by the Doctor performing the autopsy.

Unless Utopia or the Directive or some other nova-enforcement agency intervened, it's totally a non-issue. The attending homicide detective would have removed the article, bagged it and tagged it, and done so under the watchful eye of the attending forensics expert. Unless there's valid reason to think otherwise, it looks like Revenant is a homicide case, and standard protocol for homicide means that things like, you know, murder weapons become evidence, and evidence is taken to forensics for analysis before being put in a cardboard box and forgotten.

I've been looking for any meat on this in the local papers, but it hasn't been forthcoming. My guess is that somebody's put a gag on the NYPD for some reason.

Thank you Odysseus, that was the point I was trying to make, but I was unsure of my facts. And that is also very kind of you to take the time to look for more information on Revenant's apparent murder. Let us know if you do come across anything.

We're not vampires. There's no such thing.

And how many years ago would your average motherfucker have said that about dudes that could fly?

We're novas, and we die just the same as everyone else, right?

Well, I done killed a few and they went kinda flashier than others I've whacked.

Archived