Trinity RPG - Trinity D20

Jordan

Well, if you didn't know, the D20 version of Trinity is out now. While I know most people were dissapointed by D20 Aberrant, I have to say that I like Trinity. It actually makes me want to play the game. Pair it up with D20 Future and man!

As always there are good things and bad things about it, but overall I think it's pretty cool. Has anyone else here bought the book yet?

Of the three D20 versions (and I really liked them all), I'd have to say that Trinity is the best, most seamless fit so far. It maintains the power levels, is true to the story, and presents the futuristic heroes and soldiers that it's supposed to without being over the top. And if you add D20 Future to it, or even use such sources as Star Wars D20, you've got tons of options.

As always my main complaints are a low number of Core and Prestige classes, a limited enemies list at the end, Background Feats that are explained in one of the other books (Adventure or Aberrant), and the weaknesses inherent with the OGL (not being able to list XP and such). This very much made up for any problems I had with the first two.

Power level wise, I took the same character concept and made a 20th level character in all three systems. A Warrior/Investigator/Psion/Aberrant/Daredevil. Very interesting breakdown. In all of them he's at least a 9th lvl Investigator and his level in Warrior depends on his template. As a Daredevil he's Warrior 10/Daredevil 1/Investigator 9. Aberrant he's Warrior 9/Super 2/Investigator 9 and Trinity he's Warrior 9/Psion 2/Investigator 9.

In all versions he's a hard nosed tough as nails Private Eye named Blaine. As a Daredevil he's a combat monster, the Daring Feats really help him out. Main weakness is a low AC, and his BAB isn't as high as I'd like it to be. The Abberant is incredibly hard to hit, he can pull off a 72(!) AC with a few PP, and has high resistance to everything but physical, a ton of hit points, and very good in a hand to hand fight, but is not like Totentanz or anything. I focused his powers and slots on defense and Mega stats. His only powers are Armor and Force Field, the rest are Extras, Megas and Enhancements. The Psion is the most well rounded as he has the most skill points thanks to a high Int. He also has huge amounts of ability with his Aptitudes (Psychokinesis). Very dangerous, and very well prepared. He has the most equipment. Somethings that may have been neglected by all of them is specialized equipment, which can really make a difference. Gadgets for A! Blaine could give him great weapons or armor and even stat raises. Same for Aberrant Blaine. Trinity Blaine can take advantage of it easier because the high tech available is easier to come by.

Very solid, I was pleased with all of them, but Trinity is the best IMO so far.