Table-Talk -- OOC -- Because everyone else has one

Hyoseph

I've had the most evil thought of my life. What if, instead of erupting...

Name: Samuel Hill

Clan: Ventrue

Bloodline: Malkovian

Covenant: Carthian

Virtue: Charity

Vice: Pride

Embrace: 1955

Apparent Age: mid-20s

Derangement: Megalomania (Hero Syndrome)

Quote: [strikes heroic pose] "Ah, another beautiful night in the Windy City, crown gem of the Great Lakes! What should we do tonight, my pasty-faced compadres, to sink the mighty fangs of righteousness into the jugular of evil?"

Character Sheet w/ Creation/XP Log: http://www.jessilaurn.com/Sam_Hill.pdf

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the board does what I hope it does and gets big enough to run as a split social game / adventure game, then awesome. Keep in mind, the more of you there are the less I will be able to pay attention to individual actions. My primary focus will be on advancing the plot and making sure the NPCs react accordingly

Quote:
So is this were the game is taking place? Geographically I mean? I'm going to be from the gulf states so I just need to know so that I can update my background appropriately to get from A to B.

Up in the NW area, since I'm most familiar with the region. Northern Oregon / Southern Washington. Basically lift the Portland / Vancouver area, and put it there. There are state lines, but the Prince's domain spreads over both of them because, well, she's the Prince and nobody's told her otherwise yet.

Just so everyone knows, there's some clan/covenant specific stuff that would generally be known amongst those with any standing at all within their respective clans/covenants so as soon as I get everybody I'll start disseminating the information.

Is anyone going to join that hasn't submitted a char yet? ((as in, posted on the "PCs of Note" list

Originally Posted By: Hyoseph

Is anyone going to join that hasn't submitted a char yet? ((as in, posted on the "PCs of Note" list

I will, I've been still fumbling with a few dots on my sheet. I try to write up the background info in the "PCs of Note" thread today.

Any of the MET books, and I think some of the later Requiem books mention it being an alternate rule. Honestly, I'd have to spend some time going back through them to find the specific ones. I'm used to using the Camarilla Addendum, so after the discussion on it passed for that I didn't keep hold of title and page numbers.

Either way, I don't know which system Hyo is wanting to use, so I asked.

--- At the moment, you're on the North Side of the river.

--- Populace enough to support about 30 vampires, mileage spreads about 5 miles north of the river, 20 miles south, and 18 miles across.

--- There are two racks, really. The northern one is in what amounts to being little Russia, while the southern one is downtown, in a more traditional commercial district.

--- SWAT + Monster Hunters -- Yeah, don't mess with the killers.

--- Participants -- Is this everybody? Has everyone posted in "PC's of Note? I'm going to be taking a clan/covenant census to determine who's ascendent/eminent and to pass out clan/covenant specific info

--- Prologue -- I haven't forgotten about you, I'll get to it tonight :P

It's going to be a minute before I can get back to the game in any real capacity(lots of school stuff to do)

Joani, consider the harpy to have said "Show me". Since, well, that's what she's going to end up saying anyway.

Originally Posted By: Antoine LaSalle
Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss
Now, if Robin accepts the invite and Ashe joins up with her MAN,

suddenly I feel like a piece of meat wink

But you're the Prime Cut, Babyyyyyy!!!!

Originally Posted By: Joani Reikspar
Originally Posted By: Hyoseph

Joani, consider the harpy to have said "Show me". Since, well, that's what she's going to end up saying anyway.

Just to be clear - she agrees with my thoughts?

Maybe she was being unclear on purpose? Maybe she doesn't want to give her blessings to a move until after she knows how its going to turn out? After all, if she says "I want you to do this" and you flub then it looks bad on her.

The cruelty of vampire-kind.

Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss

Maybe she was being unclear on purpose? Maybe she doesn't want to give her blessings to a move until after she knows how its going to turn out? After all, if she says "I want you to do this" and you flub then it looks bad on her.

The cruelty of vampire-kind.

I took that into consideration - Ashe would try to avoid that unclarity by giving the Harpy enough room to find the "right" words to avoid any repercussions on her behalf. But if it's only "show me", then Ashe would do things her way. smile

It sounds to me like that's what she wants.

She's basically saying, "Go ahead, impress me."

Then, if what you do attracts rage and repercussions, she can always say, "I didn't tell her to do anything. She did it all on her own." And it's true.

She's being shrewd, and making sure she wins no matter what.

Best case scenario - You take Sam out, do it messy, and get sanctioned. She's down an embarassment, and doesn't have to deal with a young upstart jockeying for power under her. smile

Next best, you do it, but do it clean. Sam's out of her hair, and while she'll have to keep an eye on you, maybe she can get some use out of you before setting you up for a more explicit fall. smile

Next best, you try and die in the attempt, or are so discredited as not to be an issue anymore. Sam's still around, but at least you're not sniffing at her heels.

Worst case, you either try and fail without being noticed, or you chicken out. This leaves things at status quo...which is still not bad.

She has nothing to lose and everything to gain from being vague. smile

Archived