Aberrant: 200X - The 200X Setting is a Cooperative one

Nova OOC

So act like it, already.

A number of very vocal posters in this forum are acting like spoiled children. That's partly my fault, since I've been the one doing a lot of the spoiling. However, that does not relieve any of you of the burden of carrying yourselves like adults and talking to each other in a reasonable manner.

My dream was to create a section of N! Prime in which we could write stories and RP interactively in a thoughtful and fun manner without a lot of the useless interpersonal drama that has plagued other portions of the website. In order to spark interest, I deliberately permitted too much borderline garbage to go on. I turned a blind eye to it, and now it's grown until it's threatening to bring us all down. The ratio of IC posts to OOC bickering has gone way down in the past few days, and that's got to stop.

No more.

Rule number one in the first draft read:

"Don't be a dick. Dicks get kicked."

I'm going to start kicking dicks if people don't start cooperating.

Further thoughts on cooperation:

Cooperation doesn't mean playing within the letter of the rules. The rules are there to provide boundaries around what we will and will not do with characters and abilities. You can play within those rules and still be a jackass, still run roughshod over the sensibilities of others, and still abuse the shared resources. That's what a dick does.

Cooperation means playing within the spirit of the rules, and balancing your actions against the needs of the others. It means being thoughtful of others. It means wanting other people to be pleased with what you have done, so that they will be glad to share this setting with you.

Do that.

I'll post more IC, but I'm ass-deep in my final project and final exam, and since all three of my characters are going to the bake and shake, I'm not eager to post anything with them that takes place afterwards - which would be all OpNet posts.

Originally Posted By: Michael McGee
I'll post more IC, but I'm ass-deep in my final project and final exam, and since all three of my characters are going to the bake and shake, I'm not eager to post anything with them that takes place afterwards - which would be all OpNet posts.

That's my fault. I'm sorry. I've let the bickering* absorb too much of my time too.

I promise to get the bakeoff started tonight, and I hope that we can maintain a brisk pace of posting so that it gets done relatively soon so that you and I can resume OpNet posts.

(* and my job and Portal)

Originally Posted By: Nova OOC
Originally Posted By: Michael McGee

That's my fault. I'm sorry. I've let the bickering* absorb too much of my time too.

I promise to get the bakeoff started tonight, and I hope that we can maintain a brisk pace of posting so that it gets done relatively soon so that you and I can resume OpNet posts.

(* and my job and Portal)

Will there be cake, at the bake-off?

Archived