Aberrant RPG - Jen Sliders Landers Death

Corbin

I've been playing my Abb game for around 50 or so games and we finally got to the point where in Abb WW Phase I, Andre Corbin turns himself to T2M. I know that the book gave some possible people who killed Sliders, but I'd be interseted in who you made kill her.

In my game I had Sophia do the deed. I had Sophia know Corbin before Jens death and It had something to do with Sophia being really psyco and being jealous of Jen and Corbins friendship and her offing her.

I'd love to hear what other people did.

I went with boring Chiraben.

However I did make many changes do Ceastus Pax in that story/my world.

See, I always though Pax was cool and I developped him a little and changed him for the showdown. He was a Paragon (an arrogant and haughty one, but still a Paragon), and beating Mal up wasn't on his mind... revenge was.

I don't remember if they say Pax knows about Proteus or if he knows that Corbin will be killed (there's big difference between the two), but in my game, Pax only knew Corbin was going to be killed and he was willing to let that go down.

You see, my players discovered that Pax and Slider were friends. Very close friends. I always let it very ambigous as how close they truly were (some hints suggested they could have been lover, but other made anything past "Good buddy" look like an exageration).

Jennifer never told Shelby (pax) about her doubts and discoveries, because she knew that Pax (being a paragon in my world) would simply not believe her and/or refuse it with stoic honor on his pledge of commitment.

So she gets killed by Chiraben. Utopia blames Corbin... and like any good little soldier, Pax believes them. He wants to believe them, he's mad at a lost of somebody he cared for (especially since he already lost another friend, Slag) and this time he's going to make the killer pay.

When Corbin turn himself in, Pax realize he just lost his chance of killing him without becoming a monster in the eyes of the world (He still cares about his image). Then Proteus approaches him with their plan (anybody can see Pax hates Corbin with passion and they want to capitalie on it) and tell him Corbin will be killed and they want his help.

It's a little consolation, but that's the only revenge he can get...

I was running a canon game, so I went with Chiraben. Yeah, I know, there is no "real" canon killer, but Chiraben is the most likely suspect, and it fit in every conceivable way. Boring, perhaps. But Pax was busy that weekend.

--@venger

------------------

Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired.

I ran 'Into the Arms of the Angel of Wrath'. I know it seemed to be a bit wordy and more of a narrative than a game to people who read it, but when I played it out, everyone in the room was hanging on every word that came out of my mouth. It went over fantastically well, in short.

--@venger

------------------

Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired.

This storyline is still partially going on in me campaign, mostly because of a college hiatus that slowed things down big time. There is still evidence pointing at multiple Novas, including Meanstreak, onna me PCs, as well as "The usual suspects"--Corbin, Pax, Cherabin, Geryon (Yeah, he doesn't kill Novas, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't make a nice fall guy)...

------------------

The Eleventh Wonder of the World.

Hype, Sacrelige, Uniforms...

In loving memory of the integrity of the White Wolf Forums (RIP)

Archived