Aberrant: 200X - Your favorite character

Ryusei Hideyoshi

I won't say all of us watch tv, but i do. It's one of the rare things that can silence a houseful of younger siblings. I've always found certain characters speak to me and become time honored favorites.

I was curious if any of you had Favorite Television characters or even series you'd care to share with the group.

I'll start by saying my current favorites are The shows Bleach, Gundam 00, and Heroes. Hiro has always been a favorite character of mine since the show started for obvious reasons.

I really like the new re-imagined Gilligan's Island that Ron Moore and David Eick are doing on the Sci-Fi channel. It's so much darker than the original.

My favorite character would have to be The Professor. The way he secretly pulls the strings from his laboratory is awesome. Dance, dance my puppets! I wonder, who is he really working for?

Television? Hmmm... I liked Harry from Night Court, which my dad loves to watch all the time. I love to watch all of the Law and Orders, as well as the CSI shows. So much fun!

But I don't have a lot of time for television. If you talk movies, I like the Punisher, movie and character (the new one) and Pulp Fiction. Both are fun!

Doctor Who hasn't been the same since they decided that Gallifrey was future-Earth and all the Time Lords and Time Ladies were "the next step after novas."

But I still watch it because it's Doctor Who, and Hugh Grant kicks arse. He can use his sonic probe on me any time.

It's about the only fictional television show I watch, however. Everything else is news and docs.

Originally Posted By: Wakinyan
Originally Posted By: Maverick
Greg House is the character. Do you mean the actor?

I hope you mean the actor.

Yeah the actor.

The man is named Hugh Laurie. And as hard as it may be to believe, he has a very strong British accent when he isn't playing "House"

Gilligan's real name was 'Willy'.

The Skipper's real name was Jonas Grumby, The Professor's real name was Roy Hinkley, Mary Ann's last name was Summers.

Use those fun facts to amaze your friends! I'll bet not even die hard Gilligan's Island fans will know what Gilligan's first name was. It was only use once, ever.

I stumped my science teacher with them last year. grin

Originally Posted By: Ryusei Hideyoshi
...I'll start by saying my current favorites are The shows Bleach, Gundam 00, and Heroes. Hiro has always been a favorite character of mine since the show started for obvious reasons.

I thought you'd list those, Brother. And Hiro IS you. I swear they talked to you for the concept of the character.

To be honest Television doesn't do it for me... Although the character Alyx Vance I tend to feel I'm close to. At least in a few aspects.

Then again, I've always had a soft spot for Yomiko Readman... She was as obsessed with books as I'm obsessed with technology.

Originally Posted By: Sakurako Hideyoshi
Identification does not equal emulation.

Damn, girl genius, you missed the point of the question. Behind that veiled little jab at Half-Life was the implied question of "What exactly do you identify with in that character?" Is it just because she's a techie? In that case, do you identify with Gadget the mouse, as well?

Gadget? Who in the holy hell is that?

Also, my intended tone was joking, not matter of fact.

I'm fully aware of Alyx being the sidekick of a silent protagonist. She has better dialog anyways in that game.

Just be glad I don't try to emulate Washu. You all would be... pretty afraid of me.

Sorry, that was a slip of the solder. Really. I needed to get a microprocessor in place and a slip of the hand made me lose about 3000 yen of motherboard.

I keep telling father I NEED A workshop. I can properly set it up so mishaps like that won't be an issue.

Bloody hell, it's like you guys think I'm building some sort of warrior robot race in my room!!!

Originally Posted By: VileBill
Either the sandbox with the rest of you nerds or the sandbox where he wants to fuck folks like Vixen.
With all due respect to Miss Vixen, fur isn't my flavor, buddy. I'll take my ladies pink, brown, yellow, red, and that's about it. I might make exceptions for a dame with green skin, if one comes along, but I'm drawing the line at bipedal humans.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus
With all due respect to Miss Vixen, fur isn't my flavor, buddy. I'll take my ladies pink, brown, yellow, red, and that's about it. I might make exceptions for a dame with green skin, if one comes along, but I'm drawing the line at bipedal humans.

I had me an albino princess once. One of them gothy types? Pale pale pale with pretty pink eyes and a mane of white hair like an angel. Sweet lookin and pretty as a picture. And dark as sin in the sack.

Archived